Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:08:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pissed uncle on the dance floor

Started by wooly, February 08, 2004, 03:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooly

Never posted on this Forum before, so here goes....

I'm getting married in May and am trying to think of a few classic dance floor fillers to suggest to the DJ at the reception.

My other half (to be) has entrusted me with this difficult task, when all she has done is organise the church, venue, invitations, flowers and food.

I am thinking of stuff that would appeal to a group of early 30 somethings, but cannot think of much  past "Come On Eileen" at the moment.

Unfortunately, I spent my formative years listening to the Butthole Surfers, Ministry and Slayer, and I know for a fact that "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" is unlikely to go down well.

any classics you can think of?

de selby

"All Night Long" by Lionel Ritchie.
Guaranteed to get most drunken 30-somethings throwing all sorts of bogus disco shapes on the dancefloor.

fanny splendid

new york, new york
angels
any song where there are actions involved
erm?

weekender

That Superman one where you have to make plane motions etc.  I love that.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "weekender"That Superman one where you have to make plane motions etc.  I love that.

By Black Lace? We've just been talking about that in the bridge chat room. You should have stayed.

sproggy

Motown + Beer = Wedding Disco Success

fbb bastard

Quote from: "wooly".

Unfortunately, I spent my formative years listening to the Butthole Surfers, Ministry and Slayer, and I know for a fact that "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" is unlikely to go down well.

i dont know...worth a shot at least....imagine the satisfication of wacking that bad boy on and it rocking the joint

if not...."the reflex" and "is there something i should know" by the double d's and that "rock the boat" tune....clean that floor and watch the baby boomers rock the motherloving boat

Lt Plonker

Build Me Up Buttercup. I'm always up for that.

TraceyQ

"Dancing Queen", "Band Of Gold", any Candi Staton. Lots of Motown, "Welcome to The Monkey House"....

Dr David V

Quote from: "fanny splendid"
Quote from: "weekender"That Superman one where you have to make plane motions etc.  I love that.

By Black Lace? We've just been talking about that in the bridge chat room. You should have stayed.
Indeed. I've got a plan where I take this song then mix a load of celebrity exercise videos over it. That doesn't mean I like the song however.

What you should do is play the usual variety of bland disco-cheese (get that Ultimate Cheese Party CD advertised by the Hamiltons for an 'ideal' selection), then about halfway through get him to play something by Aphex Twin or Squarepusher at full blast, and watch all the old people die in the blast radius as it moves along in a wave fashion as it takes out some pensioners.

"Groove is in The Heart"- Dee Lite is always a good un.

Gazeuse

Also as mentioned in The Bridge chatroom - Whoops Upside Your Head - Accompanied by the sitting down and rowing ' dance.'

Also 'Dancing Queen' By Abba, for the pensioners.

Spaced Cadet

Motorhead - Ace of Spades - or anything that will encourage very cringeworthy air guitar, actually probably Layla - Derek & The Dominoes Clapton.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Morrisfan82

Jack Your Body by Steve 'Silk' Hurley

wooly

Thanks peeps....!

Some good suggestions there, although I may have to draw the line at Black Lace.

Hey, if you've nothing better to do, keep 'em coming.

dan dirty ape

boki

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"Build Me Up Buttercup. I'm always up for that.

You can guarantee that this, along with that Billy Ocean song that goes "Love really hurts without you" (which is almost certainly what it's called but I dunno fo sho) will always be played by yer traffic-light DJs at weddings/work dos/etc. which given their miserable subject matter always raises a chuckle at the table I will root myself to,  only to get up to go to the bar and the bog (why can't they give us drips and troughs on the way in?)

Whether you like it or not, you will also have to hear Robbie Williams' 'Angels' at some point, but don't despair for this has proven to be the best song in the world for changing the words to rude things and still making it scan and rhyme (shit, even Robbie himself couldn't resist a bit of smut with all that "flesh to my bones" business)

danabnormal

at my wedding we had amongst others.
loads of madness /2 tone stuff , which is almost certain to get people up and dancing. but you could try,
plenty of cheezy pop 'classics' urm the cheeky girls, fast food rockers and the like.
brittany spears 'hit me baby' to get the pissed aunites up showing there knickers.
abba
status quo-rocking all over the world
mud-tiger feet
and other classics i really cant think of at the moment.

danabnormal availible for your disco needs , good rates, shitty music.
phone now on ***** ******

Vermschneid Mehearties

Y.M.C.A

I've seen it happen, and had to leave the room, both to piss myself and go for a piss.