Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A couple of new Chris Morris rarities

Started by Neil, September 06, 2011, 03:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Two nice CM rarities have turned up over the last couple of days.  Firstly, from @Offthesubsbench is this Blue Jam advert, that was intended for print, but never used as someone didn't like it - must have been intended to promote series 2:

And also, from @will_jackson, there's a new, fuller version of the GLR test transmission!  This may be the whole thing, I'm not sure.  Either way, it has an extra bit of CM on the start of it, talking about what GLR may actually stand for.  There's more of Nick Abbot too, CM favourite Emma Freud appears, as well as eventual Brass Eye sting Tommy Vance.  On the management side, we have Trevor Dann and Matthew Bannister, two people whose contribution to radio - and to the career of Chris Morris - can't be under-stated.  If only there were people who took radio as seriously as they did, these days.

http://soundcloud.com/cookdandbombd/chris-morris-glr-test

weirdbeard

I still care and will thank you, even if no-one else will.

v00n

Quote from: weirdbeard on September 06, 2011, 10:49:05 PM
I still care and will thank you, even if no-one else will.

Seconded. The GLR shows were my first exposure to CM, and the best work of his career was on that station and later at R1.

(While I'm here, can I ask a stupid n00b question?

How does one award Karma Points?

Ta.)

Neil

Cheers :-) Finally got the new tape deck on the go, and it sounds ace.  So today I started on a major upgrade of all the tapes I have available, got three done so far.  The GLR 1993 run will finally get finished - and completely redone in a hopefully better quality.  Ditto the Radio Bristol, and then some other radio stuff should be getting an upgrade too...

Got a good lot done on the new CaB front page too, really want to kick it up a few gears.

v00n, I think the way it's set at the minute you have to have made 10 posts (another 5 in your case) and then the icons will appear under people's names. 

v00n

Ignatius_S

Cripes, thanks for that!

Will listen to the recording later. Not keen on the poster, but a fasincating curio all the same.

NaCl

i find the poster to be rather nice, being both awkward and kinda cute, pulling me towards it from all sorts of awkward directions.

Melodichaze

Cheers for the heads up Neil - particularly enjoying the poster too :D