Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:24:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Food Network

Started by 303, September 09, 2011, 04:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I really love this channel, from the 'how easy was that' cooking of Ina Garten, the down to earth bubbliness of Rachael Ray, and the addictive Diner's, Drive In's and Dive's.

Plus lots of repeats of Nigella[nb]Eh lads, eh[/nb]

CaledonianGonzo

But...but....Man vs. Food is on the Good Food Channel!

Ginyard

Christ that's made me hungry.

Nik Drou

You can't do a Food Network thread without Paula Deen, very much the queen of folksy yet wildly irresponsible cooking.

Paula eats a lasagne sandwich, dooming us all in the process.

Detective John Kimble

Quote from: Nik Drou on September 09, 2011, 05:32:15 PM
You can't do a Food Network thread without Paula Deen, very much the queen of folksy yet wildly irresponsible cooking.

God, everything she makes just looks so disgusting...just foul.  I think I'm going to bawk, actually - how dare you post this video, you bastard. 

I have a soft spot for Man vs Food though.  I kind of like Adam, and some of the food (not the challenges really, the other stuff) on that looks really nice!  I watched one yesterday in Baltimore where he had a king-hell beef sandwich, went to a great looking crab/seafood restaurant and topped it off with 74 oz. of fine looking steak for the challenge. 

Food Network kinda gets a thumbs down from me though - at least the American stuff.  That Guy Fieri looks like a right penis.  Good Food is miles better - at least when it's not showing Ace of bloody Cakes.  Also, Good Food show old Masterchefs and new Top Chef, which just makes it an unfair fight.         

I wish Good Food was on freesat, I love watching Man vs Food when I can[nb]How is this man still alive, I mean really how[/nb] but it's only on sky.[nb]bastards[/nb]

boki

Quote from: Nik Drou on September 09, 2011, 05:32:15 PM

Quote from: YouTubeThis video is a response to Paula Fries a Cheesecake

{shudders}
{watches anyway}

Famous Mortimer

I love "Diners, Drive-Ins And Dives". There was an article in the Guardian recently about it, saying how great it was (even if they didn't like Guy Fieri - fools) and how it would be nice if Britain had a culture of mom & pop food places. Also, "Guy's Big Bite" is fun, because you can play "stock phrase drinking game" for such things as "off the hook". Oh, and Matthew McConnaughey popped up in one episode, because they're apparently friends.