Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:27:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doodle Or Die

Started by Jemble Fred, September 15, 2011, 04:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

I really can't think where to plonk this, but thought others might enjoy joining in – on the best thing what the internet has ever done!

It's basically Pictionary Chinese Whispers, and it's given me far more pleasure today than is sane.

http://doodle.no.de/

Big Jack McBastard

Heh, I wasn't sure what was happening at first but it's quite fun.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on September 15, 2011, 05:46:47 PM
Heh, I wasn't sure what was happening at first but it's quite fun.

Yeah, it does just throw you in at the deep end a bit – my first few 'captions' I messed up by thinking I had to write something for the picture I'd just drawn, not the different one I was shown.

It would be nice to have a few more art options, but I love seeing people misconstrue what you were trying to do.

The detail on this is impressive

Jemble Fred

There's some embarrassingly good stuff on there – I'm presuming they're using a stylus or something. I used a mouse at work, and now my Macbook track pad makes it almost impossible to draw at all. :( (dizzyegg)

Actually, I'm annoyed that now I'm on my laptop, even with the same username, the site's reset and I've lost all my threads; I did some lovely stuff earlier.

Johnny Textface

Big Jack McBastard

Oh man I've been playing this since I got in from work.

Johnny Textface

Still not 100% sure what going on. But I like it.

Big Jack McBastard

The most coherent description one of my pics got

Such a simple reply.

The things they made me draw!

Deffo one for the Bookmarks, ta Jemble.

Jemble Fred

I just wish I could join in at home, but my few efforts on this trackpad were like etch-a-sketch! I have no idea how you get it so good, iPad or something?

Big Jack McBastard

Nah I just gots the skills to pay the bills.

Ooooh yeah!

Truth be told there were plenty that put mine to shame

In response to Caryon eating Orphan

Unintelligble conversation with a donkey

Consignia

It's great, but you can't retrieve past sessions once it's timed out. I'd love to see where a couple of mine have gone over night.

Solid Jim

On numerous occasions I was prompted to do a brand new drawing to start off a new chain, none of which were ever followed up by other users. This is disappointing. As are the people trolling by drawing/writing completely unrelated things. When things work it's pretty entertaining, mind.

"The All-Seeing-Eye stares darkly at our friend, The Lone Indian, while he paddles in his canoe through the bleak and desolate sea."

(subsequently interpreted as "Bermuda Triangle er uhhh pyramid")

dredd

I played this when it was called Broken Picture Telephone.
The site eventually went down and everyone lost all their drawings, bloody tragic. Here's one sequence I saved:

Quote from: Consignia on September 16, 2011, 09:04:18 AM
It's great, but you can't retrieve past sessions once it's timed out. I'd love to see where a couple of mine have gone over night.
This has put me off somewhat. In BPT you could browse through finished games, and vote for which drawings you liked best. One day someone will figure out how to make this work, and they'll rake in millions, mark my words.

garbed_attic

I played around a bit this evening (thanks for the recommendation!) and the best description I saw of one of my pictures was, "Frenchman greets his coffee mug that he wrapped in christmas lights so we would not lose it on dark nights, alone in Wisconsin."

Also, props to you Dredd, for the Adam Cadre link. It's always a pleasure when interactive fiction authors crop up!

kittens

Has the page stopped loading for anyone else? I was really enjoying it and now it just doesn't seem to work.

garbed_attic

My brother said last night that it was down, so presumably the servers couldn't cope with the increased popularity afforded by CaB posting!

jenna appleseed

cookedandbombed has just ruined my life again.

Pissing about with the doodle suggestions led to someone producing this epic depiction of the forum though