Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Post your own FREE music

Started by Neomod, September 17, 2011, 03:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobey

Quote from: jonnycuba on September 24, 2011, 06:45:27 PM
This is one I did with Emcees Mass Influence in the early mid noughties...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE2XNl2cMh0

Nice track, do you still produce?

NoSleep

Jonny currently has a group featuring (amongst others) Audessey (from Mass Influence) and they're called SoundSci.

bitesize

Quote from: jonnycuba on September 26, 2011, 09:57:01 PM
Thanks, NoSleep mixed the track & the Dynamism LP.

We were lost in between Ninjatunes bigger acts such as the Herbaliser & DJ Vadim, still I hope the music stands the test of time a little sympathetically than some of my old label mates :)

wow it's Jonny Cuba. I used to be well into Ninja back in them days, loved the Dynamic Syncopation LP + the stuff you did w/ Herbaliser.

And NoSleep = No Sleep Nigel. Amazing, I must have listened to a ton of the records you engineered/produced in the 90s.

Props to both of you! must check out some SoundSci stuff...

QtheRaider

here's one i was going to put out for halloween but i missed the boat. maybe nex year.

mixed and masterd by no sleep

http://youtu.be/RhpNWbr9fa8

oh and i just discoverd windows movie maker too

bitesize

my own stuff is on my soundcloud here: http://soundcloud.com/bitesizebeats

it's been a while since i posted anything new up. got a new 6 track EP all finished but just need to put some artwork together and sling it onto bandcamp... although i have been saying that for a good 4 months now. might end up just including it with the latest batch of beats and putting it together as a whole album. very exciting.

The Masked Unit

Nice work bitesize. Stylistically I think it's roughly in the same ballpark as my stuff, which you can find elsewhere in this thread if you so wish.

Neomod

Has anyone ever made any money on Bandcamp?

There was a really good thread a while ago where someone was talking about his experiences trying to sell his music online. Can anyone provide the link as I can't remember what it was called?

QtheRaider

chand

NoSleep

Quote from: Neomod on November 30, 2011, 03:10:55 PM
Has anyone ever made any money on Bandcamp?

Yes. They make at least enough money to pay me to work on their music, so.

QuoteThere was a really good thread a while ago where someone was talking about his experiences trying to sell his music online. Can anyone provide the link as I can't remember what it was called?

Gazeuse! did a thread a few years back about his attempts to make money in the new milieu.

Harfyyn Teuport

Quote from: jonnycuba on September 26, 2011, 09:57:01 PM
Thanks, NoSleep mixed the track & the Dynamism LP.

We were lost in between Ninjatunes bigger acts such as the Herbaliser & DJ Vadim, still I hope the music stands the test of time a little sympathetically than some of my old label mates :)

That track is stunning and an old favourite - I love that record! You still making stuff?

My track Satisfied opens this week's FACT mix by West Norwood Cassette Library. I'm super turbo chuffed.

Harfyyn Teuport

Quote from: bitesize on November 30, 2011, 01:14:08 PM
my own stuff is on my soundcloud here: http://soundcloud.com/bitesizebeats

it's been a while since i posted anything new up. got a new 6 track EP all finished but just need to put some artwork together and sling it onto bandcamp... although i have been saying that for a good 4 months now. might end up just including it with the latest batch of beats and putting it together as a whole album. very exciting.

Love the Nuggets, man, welll in.

bitesize

Quote from: The Masked Unit on November 30, 2011, 01:51:40 PM
Nice work bitesize. Stylistically I think it's roughly in the same ballpark as my stuff, which you can find elsewhere in this thread if you so wish.

cheers man. i checked your stuff, and i liked your stuff. that El-P remix is a beast!

Quote from: Harfyyn Teuport on December 06, 2011, 11:04:32 PM
Love the Nuggets, man, welll in.

and thanks to you too... i'm kinda working totally in a vaccuum as i no-one i know in 'real life' has anything like the same music taste as me, so i've no-one to listen to stuff before i release it. good to hear someone occasionally liking some bits...

liked the track you linked there too, it's been a while since i heard that break! nice work on getting a spot on the FACT mix there too.

chand

QtheRaider

davesondrums

This is arguably my best piece to date, it's certainly the longest - running in at 21 minutes!

It's in 7 different parts though, so hopefully shouldn't bore anyone (unless you hate electronica!)

http://soundcloud.com/projectseven/sevendials-projectseven

The Masked Unit

Good stuff Davesondrums. You should get involved in the next CaB album; your stuff would have fitted in nicely to the first one.

I wish I was disciplined enough to do something like that. I've dabbled with the idea of doing something constantly evolving like that before but never got past a minute or so. I'd be interested in hearing about the process of creating it. Did you work on each movement concurrently for example or did you get one bit done and dusted before starting on the next?

chand

mcbpete

I don't think I've posted my stuff on here before (apologies if so) - Here's a link to our last album which on and off took us about 4 years to complete.

The opening sample to the album was a complete fluke - I left my field recorder outside my flat to capture a rainstorm but it suddenly took a rather darker turn ....

alan nagsworth

Quote from: mcbpete on February 08, 2012, 12:05:32 PM
I don't think I've posted my stuff on here before (apologies if so) - Here's a link to our last album which on and off took us about 4 years to complete.

The opening sample to the album was a complete fluke - I left my field recorder outside my flat to capture a rainstorm but it suddenly took a rather darker turn ....

What the fuck is happening?! Is that sex or crying or both?

mcbpete

It's a woman going past on the walkway above where the recorder was, pushing a pram and sobbing loudly, and at one point says (I think anyway) 'Help me', followed shortly by police sirens - the sirens were part of the original recording too and not added in post ...

alan nagsworth

Goodness gracious... well, kudos to her misery because it makes the track sound great. Nice work on the album as well! :)

QtheRaider

The Masked Unit

QtheRaider

alan nagsworth

Quote from: gout_pony on December 03, 2011, 01:16:27 AM
This is really catchy and angry in a clever, understated way! Laudation!

Just spotted this, thank you very much! It really does mean a lot and goes a long way to pushing me to record more. Currently working on some all-vocal beatbox/harmony-layering stuff with 'comedy' rapping. Hoping it will stick as a proper project for me, at least for a handful of songs anyway. Thanks again :)

Crabwalk

Impressive stuff in this thread, thanks for sharing.

Your link is now dead Nagsworth, so I vote your music the worst.