Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:28:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Post your own FREE music

Started by Neomod, September 17, 2011, 03:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Yeah I had to take it down to make room for a mix I did. Go and listen to that instead, lest I whoop your hide at WWF again.

small_world

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 13, 2012, 01:45:40 PM
Just spotted this, thank you very much! It really does mean a lot and goes a long way to pushing me to record more. Currently working on some all-vocal beatbox/harmony-layering stuff with 'comedy' rapping. Hoping it will stick as a proper project for me, at least for a handful of songs anyway. Thanks again :)

Upload it again, I'm intrigued[nb]Nice to meet you[/nb].

small_world

Quote from: QtheRaider on February 13, 2012, 04:43:22 AM
cheers Masked Unit

her is side 2

http://youtu.be/FlG3SHQ3oy0

That's fucking excellent.
How do you go about doing something like that? Is it all samples?

QtheRaider

it was a mixture of samples and live music from a lable called 9 bar back in the 90,s

cheers

small_world

It's really great.
I mean the video is superb as well, but I would listen to that all night. Like, with the lights down...

Any downloads online for purchase?

QtheRaider

no but im trying to get the record lable to re releese it with the album we done a year ago. i can do you a cd of the vinyl if you like

small_world

QtheRaider

ah im rubish at mp3's its easyer for me to do a cd

Crabwalk

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 13, 2012, 07:12:32 PM
Yeah I had to take it down to make room for a mix I did. Go and listen to that instead, lest I whoop your hide at WWF again.

I wasn't concentrating during that last game as I was busy making music[nb]WITH YOUR MUM[/nb].

djtrees

Quote from: QtheRaider on February 09, 2012, 01:36:22 PM
music from 1996 video from last night
http://youtu.be/KmhP8qsb1VM
Oooh I've just noticed that. I bought that album when it came out. It is a cracker. Much better than most of the other things it seemed to be lumped in with. Tremendous stuff.

QtheRaider

Quote from: djtrees on February 14, 2012, 01:33:47 AM
Oooh I've just noticed that. I bought that album when it came out. It is a cracker. Much better than most of the other things it seemed to be lumped in with. Tremendous stuff.

cheers djtrees

alan nagsworth

Quote from: small_world on February 13, 2012, 09:25:45 PM
Upload it again, I'm intrigued[nb]Nice to meet you[/nb].

Eh?

Quote from: small_world on September 24, 2011, 08:00:11 PM
Nags, that's fucking marvellous.

you already heard and praised it!

The Masked Unit

I also really liked your track nagsy.

small_world

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 14, 2012, 12:32:09 PM
Eh?
you already heard and praised it!

Ah, right.
I didn't read right back through this thread and just went to your post and found the link dead.
I didn't realise I'd heard it - didn't put the name to the track.
It was great, but I'm struggling to remember it.
Get it back up...

alan nagsworth

Heh, how odd. I deleted it to make room for a mix and then consequently never uploaded the mix, for which my enthusiasm has now significantly dipped.

Here's yer track then ya set o' bastids: Not A Racist But

Listening back, it really sounds awful production-wise and I'm so glad I regressed to making all-vocal stuff as you can make that sound almost as naff as you like and it still sounds like a lot of fun. I still find the overall message of this song to be amusing though, and I'm glad it's been so well-received.

Hank_Kingsley

That's ace!

I really enjoyed that. You just need to make a nice video for it, pop it up on that Youtube and you'll be an internet sensation.

The Masked Unit

Quote from: The Masked Unit on February 14, 2012, 12:55:59 PM
I also really liked your track nagsy.

Edit: I'm talking about the track called Dyson's Asteroid Cyclone.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: The Masked Unit on February 14, 2012, 03:26:47 PM
Edit: I'm talking about the track called Dyson's Asteroid Cyclone.

WELL THEN FUCK YOU PAL

Not really, I highly appreciate any feedback and I mean that sincerely. I'm having quite a fucking awful day too so you've all made me very happy.

The Masked Unit

I just listened to Dyson's Asteroid Cyclone again in order to drown out the noise of an eating colleague and it was this thread was the first source of any kind of sound I could think of, such was my desperation. Have you ever approached any labels? Admittedly I'm completely ignorant to the genre in question but I'd imagine it compares pretty favourably to established artists.

lazyhour

Nags, that track is great.

Also, I know I'm not supposed to particularly like the narrator, but "It smells like burning pear/What do they do down there?" is a brilliant line.

The Masked Unit

I think you could have an international smash hit on your hands there.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: The Masked Unit on February 15, 2012, 01:51:29 PM
I just listened to Dyson's Asteroid Cyclone again in order to drown out the noise of an eating colleague and it was this thread was the first source of any kind of sound I could think of, such was my desperation. Have you ever approached any labels? Admittedly I'm completely ignorant to the genre in question but I'd imagine it compares pretty favourably to established artists.

Thanks :) Nah I broached on the subject once before but my creative output is so sparse that I soon concluded that sending my stuff off was an exercise in futility. I'd just have the label waiting for years on end and then eventually giving them a bunch of those eight-bar loops I mentioned in the 'boredom' thread. I did once get an email back from Radio 1 DJ and Bestival curator Rob Da Bank saying 'great stuff, keep me in the loop!' but that was pretty much just before the point where I stopped producing anything of any real merit.

I do have one 'full' album of stuff that I produced between the years 2005 and 2008 or thereabouts which a few friends have said is good stuff but, again, I don't really know how labels work with this sort of thing. It's a bit more easy-going than multi-album deals and deadlines these days, I know that much, but is it really worth sending off Dyson's Asteroid Cyclone when I have no real intention of carrying on in the ambient techno vein, or even electronic music production at all for that matter? The music is not backed by nearly enough weird cult appeal for me to cloak myself in anonymity and keep my fans waiting around for my non-existent return, so it'd be more of a drop in the ocean than a seminal splash.

Quote from: lazyhour on February 15, 2012, 02:25:21 PM
Nags, that track is great.

Also, I know I'm not supposed to particularly like the narrator, but "It smells like burning pear/What do they do down there?" is a brilliant line.

Again, thanks a lot! Although I must point out that it's "burning hair" ;-)

QtheRaider

http://pippedatthepostproductions.bandcamp.com/track/oscars-groove-part-2-alt-take-2
i've just opend up a bandcamp page which will have my new 8 track ep on it soon. there is a free download of an alternative take of one of the tracks. the band is called the psyclops trees and the track is called oscars groove part 2

Beagle 2

Did a song yesterday I was quite pleased with, so thought I'd brave it and stick a couple here.

Freezing in tweed

Listening to words dry

lazyhour

HAIR? I don't like it as much in that case.

QtheRaider

Quote from: Beagle 2 on March 06, 2012, 03:05:55 PM
Did a song yesterday I was quite pleased with, so thought I'd brave it and stick a couple here.

Freezing in tweed

Listening to words dry

good tunes i like the arrangements freezing in tweed is my favourite of the two.

bitesize

Quote from: QtheRaider on February 26, 2012, 12:55:21 AM
http://pippedatthepostproductions.bandcamp.com/track/oscars-groove-part-2-alt-take-2
i've just opend up a bandcamp page which will have my new 8 track ep on it soon. there is a free download of an alternative take of one of the tracks. the band is called the psyclops trees and the track is called oscars groove part 2

this is fantastic man. i do love a good frantic psychedelic drumfest. let us know when the EP is up!

QtheRaider

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Beagle 2 on March 06, 2012, 03:05:55 PM

Freezing in tweed

Listening to words dry

Really great! Pretty much echoing exactly what QtheRaider said about the nice arrangements and the first track being the better of the two. Keep 'em coming bro. :)