Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:24:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Post your own FREE music

Started by Neomod, September 17, 2011, 03:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeDeMondo

Setting myself up for a kicking here. Fella moaning on over a couple Gs  and Cs. Acoustic, you know. Just all acoustic. Aw for Christ sake. Black and white. Och.

The context is I'm slowly waking up again after a couple years sound asleep and I decided to have a run at a song I wrote 13 years ago. Halfways proto Incel anthems I was putting out of myself at the time, for whatever reason. It's here, what happened, anyway. Takes a minute to get going, I think.

Friend told me the title of the song is like something rejected for a half finished Alanis Morissette b-side from 25 years ago. Not far wrong.

non capisco

I like your voice, Duke-o. Always have, always will.

DukeDeMondo

Oh thank you very much, nc! I really like your voice too, as it happens.

jake thunder

Here's my new song / vid / songvid. It's a bit like Kruangbin, but then it goes somewhere else:
https://youtu.be/ZSsm99Ci_Yw

Bandcamp link:
http://svengunderssen.bandcamp.com/track/make-you-happy

It's very good.

PaulTMA

I have a single out, you can hear it here: tiny.cc/LNFG

You'll have to use google for the unmentionable "non-free" physical products (the EP 'I Used To Be The Martial Arts')

Beagle 2

That's great man, I love it! Proper foot-stomper.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 13, 2019, 09:57:51 AM
https://soundcloud.com/sobmusic-1/into-the-light-free-download-check-description

I've made this new one available for free in the (naive?) hope that people who download it or use it will donate to MIND. I was gonna just sell it as usual and give the sale directly to them, but sales have dried up recently and I didn't particularly want the ego hit of hyping up a sale that didn't end up happening!

Don't usually ask this but as it's for a good cause, if anyone is able to share this anywhere they think might have a receptive audience I'd really appreciate it. And feedback gratefully received as always.

Good news, I managed to sell this in the end and donated the proceeds to MIND.

ajsmith2

Chriddof

I downloaded that single (and gave you a couple of quid for it as well). I don't know if anyone's told you this yet, but the title of the first song is so long that I wasn't able to unzip it until I extracted it directly to the root of my hard drive. The reason for this is that Windows has a hard 260 character limit for all path locations (as opposed to file names), and the way Bandcamp packages everything (duplicating the immense title twice and adding the band name for good measure) makes impossible to extract unless you do what I did. I think Macs are exempt from this arsery.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Chriddof on July 06, 2019, 12:57:37 AM
I downloaded that single (and gave you a couple of quid for it as well). I don't know if anyone's told you this yet, but the title of the first song is so long that I wasn't able to unzip it until I extracted it directly to the root of my hard drive. The reason for this is that Windows has a hard 260 character limit for all path locations (as opposed to file names), and the way Bandcamp packages everything (duplicating the immense title twice and adding the band name for good measure) makes impossible to extract unless you do what I did. I think Macs are exempt from this arsery.

Thanks for your interest, kindness and heads up on the long issue, Will get this fixed tomorrow when I'm off work.

Barry Admin

This thread seems to have gone off the rails - again - in terms of not promoting stuff for money.

People wanting others to hear amateur stuff they've made is fine, but there's a lot of "here's my new single" and such that really seems to go against the ethos of not buying or selling on CaB.

Locking, sorry. Will have another look when I'm not as tired, but it just seems to have gone off the rails.

Edit: not in reference to only one post, it just seems it's now turned into a way of asking for money by saying a free version is also available etc etc and getting round the rules in other similar ways. Sorry.