Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:20:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Фигхт Нигхт

Started by BlodwynPig, September 19, 2011, 11:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

vrailaine

"I neutralised him"

could that sound any more like Ivan Drago?

CaledonianGonzo

Russia is like the Wild West.  Literally.

mcbpete

CaledonianGonzo

buttgammon

Ax, русские!

здраствуй, как у вас дела?

(Currently learning the basics and looking to drop in the most simple phrases anywhere where they might vaguely fit in order to appear vaguely competent in the Russian language when I only know about twenty different phrases.)

CaledonianGonzo

"Dva bol'shaya piva, pazhalsta" is all I've ever managed to learn.

Even then, I used it in a beer hall in Moscow last year and accidentally ordered two 8 pint towers of Baltika 7.

v00n

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on September 19, 2011, 02:13:56 PM
"Dva bol'shaya piva, pazhalsta" is all I've ever managed to learn.

Even then, I used it in a beer hall in Moscow last year and accidentally ordered two 8 pint towers of Baltika 7.

I went in a Chinese takeaway once, and asked for "twenty No 6".

Hilarity ensued.

CaledonianGonzo

kngen

Quote from: buttgammon on September 19, 2011, 02:10:15 PM
Ax, русские!

здраствуй, как у вас дела?

Wheee - I haven't studied Russian for a quarter of a century but I could read and understand that! Can't reply, right enough - but I don't have the fonts (honest, tvarisch!)

buttgammon

You can just type it phonetically into Google translate, press the space bar and hey presto - actual Russian without a Cyrillic keyboard. It isn't the ideal method if you are trying to chat with a Russian on Omegle and it takes ten minutes to formulate a basic reply but it works.

kngen

no shit? I'm off to try it so I can threaten Russian gangsters who've uploaded old records of mine onto dodgy MP3 sites. Back soon![nb]or never to be seen again ...[/nb]