Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:46:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What film is this?

Started by turnstyle, September 20, 2011, 01:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnstyle

It features that actress...the one who is pretty but not TOO pretty, so women don't find her threatening. She thinks she likes this guy, and she spends most of the film flirting with him and falling over in front of him which is really embarassing.

Two-thirds of the way through the film, she realises that her best friend, this other guy, is the guy that she really loves, even though she's known him since like, forever. There's a lot of will they/won't they, and then one of them says that they have to leave the city/state/country for some reason.

It looks like they will not get together, but just when you think they are going to part ways one of them says that they love the other one and they stay and the film ends.

My local Blockbuster is unable to help, and my description is too long for the IMDB search function.

Johnny Townmouse

If you add an abortion to that it could be The Last American Virgin.

BlodwynPig

Sounds like a thousand romantic blockbusters.

Blumf

I think I know the one, ahhh can't think of the name... it has a poster/dvd cover with the title in pastel colours (a pink or light blue I think) on a white background.

Obel

Goldentony

There's a film i'm thinking of that has a man being shot by a harpoon gun on the roof of a building, and subsequently being prodded by cops as part of a crime scene. I was thinking it might be Magnum Force but it might not be. Tell me harpoon lovers, what could it be??

momatt

Are you joking?  This sounds like at least 75% of every film to come out of Hollywood since 1985.

I accept the terms of the

Psst, I think you're missing the joke guys.

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on September 20, 2011, 02:02:21 PM
If you add an abortion to that it could be The Last American Virgin.

Using simple logic, that means it must be one of the Lemon Popiscle sequels. Unless any of them have abortions.

momatt

Does the main girl character wear glasses and a hat so everyone assumes she's average looking.  Then takes her glasses off toward the end and she's actually stunningly attractive?

Is the tagline - 'A Comedy to Warm Your Hearts, and Wet Your Pants'?