Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What games are on your horizon?

Started by mobias, September 24, 2011, 06:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I accept the terms of the

Quote from: surreal on September 28, 2011, 03:31:44 PM
Its a massive multiplayer racing game, most of the tracks are made by the community, you don't need to build anything if you don't want to.  It's competitive in a time-trial way, the tracks are insane and really need practice to get the best times, so when you're racing with others they're more like "ghost" cars than direct competitors if that makes sense?
Ah, thanks. I went looking for a demo but it looks like it's PC-only.

Famous Mortimer

The Silent Hill HD collection. I bloody loved those games, so a good bit of HD will be right up my street.

Viero_Berlotti

Dark Souls out on Friday. It's getting pretty good reviews across the board, with the only criticism being that it's too much of a bitch in parts. I can't wait to play it though, Demons Souls was an absolute classic and one of my favourite PS3 games so far.

VegaLA

It's been quiet release wise since Christmas but Syndicate may be worth a look (can't tell until I actually get into the Demo) and the Demo for Mass Effect 3 will be available come Feb14TH. Never played the second game and the first I found difficult to gel with. It does look inteersting so if nothing else hits my radar would it be worth me giving it another try or is 2 miles better so should go directly there? I'm waiting on the 3 Demo before I make a decision.

RE: Op Racoon city is a sure cert for me and that gets released next month.

One title that surprised me was Prey 2. Saw some YT vids and it looks more like Deus Ex/Syndicate then the original Prey so that may be one to check into before its release later this year.

While i'm here... anyone know of an App that lists upcoming game releases and their Dates? Checked on Google Marketplace and nothing, would have thought something like that would be a sure thing.

Dark Sky

This year I'm most looking forward to Bioshock Infinite, YAYTIMES!

Also The Last Guardian and Catherine.  Though I'll need to buy a PS3 for them.

And fingers crossed for Thief 4 coming out this year.  Or at least some information about the game being released this year.  Been a long three years of nothing.

(Max Payne 3 and Prey 2 might be fun, plus there's a whole host of post apocalyptic survival games coming out which have all blurred into one in my mind.)

Consignia

Funny that the things I mentioned nearly almost 4 months ago are still on my horizon. Miku got lost in the post, I'm waiting for Uncharted to drop to pennies, and the Vita is still a couple of weeks away, so I'm still looking forward to all of them.

Big Jack McBastard

If Prey 2 is anywhere near as weird as the first I might dip in there, I came to the original very late, a random pick up from the bargain wall sometime in the year before last and while the graphics and story were a bit shoddy (though a bizarrely interesting base idea having a tomahawk wielding native american tromping through spaceships fighting aliens)  there were precursors to the gameplay of Portal in there with many twists like changing the gravity and walking on the ceiling, being magnetised to moving surfaces and the like, I had no idea what to expect from it but was pleasantly surprised even while being confused by the whole thing and baring it mind it's hardly the prettiest game out there.

mobias

2012 is going to be the best gaming year this generation as far as I'm concerned. SSX 2012 in less than a month away, I'm absolutely confident that its going to be the best SSX game yet released. Playing that will take me through till June when Starhawk comes out for the PS3. Having taken part in both the closed and public beta tests for Starhawk I'm going to stick my neck out and say it'll to be the best exclusive title the PS3's got. Its such a brilliantly inventive online 3rd person shooter with infinite amounts of re-playability.
And then Max Payne 3 comes out which looks incredible. All three of those games will quite happily keep me entertained until the real life ending event that will be the release of GTAV that I guess will come out sometime later in the year.       

HappyTree

Dragon Dogma, whist appalling as a name, looks quite fun for a bit of spell-casting and the combat in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning looks very tasty. I'm really engrossed in Skyrim already as a game world, but the combat is really quite poor. I had much more fun in Fable 2 for that kind of thing. Sadly, some say that the free roam in Amalur is not very free. I will wait till those games come down in price.

I expect my next purchases will be Driver San Francisco, SSX and Mass Effect 3. I also hope to fit in my life somewhere in between, maybe for half an hour each day.

Big Jack McBastard

Heh I saw the ad for Dragon Dogma on my dashboard after finishing a Skrim session a little while back and let out a 'They've got to be taking the piss!' - quite loudly.

Probably one I'll get when it's cheaper unless it does something special.

Dark Sky

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on February 07, 2012, 10:11:11 PM
If Prey 2 is anywhere near as weird as the first I might dip in there, I came to the original very late, a random pick up from the bargain wall sometime in the year before last and while the graphics and story were a bit shoddy (though a bizarrely interesting base idea having a tomahawk wielding native american tromping through spaceships fighting aliens)  there were precursors to the gameplay of Portal in there with many twists like changing the gravity and walking on the ceiling, being magnetised to moving surfaces and the like, I had no idea what to expect from it but was pleasantly surprised even while being confused by the whole thing and baring it mind it's hardly the prettiest game out there.

I played Prey last year and got really excited by it at first...  It's so wonderfully strange and schlocky and properly disgusting and mental in a way I haven't seen in a game since...well, something like Doom, I guess!  That first time you can explore through the organic spaceship just felt so alien and yukky with the pulsing walls, and the orifice like doors.  Plus the way it would have all these horrifically violent scenes of people - including children - being eviscerated.  Urgh!

And then after a few hours I got bored of it, and all the levels became really predictable and samey and the whole game ran out of steam.  I pushed myself through to the end but I'd stopped enjoying it a long time before.

I did love the gravity changing concept!  The portals were visually fun, but you can't really compare it to Valve's Portal because in Prey 99% of the time they were no different to being static doorways.

Big Jack McBastard

Agreed, it did wear thin as you progressed and it's hard to big-up it as something special, it just took me by surprise that it would have such odd (for the time, in retrospect) elements.

It'll might interesting to see where they go with it is all.

HappyTree

I quite liked it, it was the first game I played on the 360. I got it when I bought the console. But then I still haven't completed it so I must have got bored myself.

Dark Sky

There were so many great ideas in Prey, and fantastic visual setpieces...like seeing all the Earth things being swept up through the spaceship.  Isn't there a jumbo jet sailing past at one point?  And all the radio stuff, with some genuine radio presenter talking to people about the potential alien invasion.  Loved that stuff.

I'd forgotten about the whole Cherokee spirit walking thing, too.  That was odd.  Chock full of original ideas, that game.

Anyway.  I've just remembered I'm also looking forward to the new game from the people who made Samorast and Machinarium.  Botanicula.  Looks gorgeous.

madhair60

That had better be about a hippy Dracula or they're fired.

mcbpete

Getting a new lappy in a week or two so I'm looking forward to re-playing Half Life 2 again (+Ep.1 & 2) using the Cinematic Mod ( http://cinematicmod.com/index.php ). It also means I can finally get round to playing that copy of Bioshock I've had sat on the shelves for the last couple of years (my graphics card was just below the required Shader Model level to even boot the thing - I managed to get a hack to actually start it but my machine really wasn't playing ball)

Dark Sky

Oh my god.  I hope you love Bioshock!

VegaLA

For those of you praising the original Prey you may want to check YT vids for Prey 2 as from what I saw it looks like a completly different beast.

Not that you WILL be disapointed, its just that I got more of a Bladerunner/AOTC vibe from it, not what I remember of the original Prey game.

VegaLA

Not much longer till Sleeping Dogs gets it's release and i'm hoping it'll be everything it's hyped to be.
Not seen much love on this board for it but that may change closer to the release date.

So the rest of the year is looking like this....

Sleeping Dogs  August 14, 2012

Darksiders II August 14, 2012

Street Fighter: 25th Anniversary Collector's Set September 18,

Dead or Alive 5 September 25,

Saints Row: The Third -- Enter the Dominatrix Q3 2012

Marvel vs. Capcom Origins Xbox September 2012

Resident Evil 6 Xbox October 2, 2012

Fable: The Journey October 9, 2012

Assassin's Creed III October 30, 2012

Halo 4 Xbox 360 November 6, 2012

Call of Duty: Black Ops II November 13, 2012

GTA V Fuck knows ????