Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:22:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ronald MacDonald holed up in a bunker

Started by @ssmaster, June 09, 2004, 07:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@ssmaster

Has anyone heard about this story? A man drove a JCB to a former Secret Nuclear Bunker 100 ft under ground (it's now a museum) and has now been holed up there for nearly three days. The police are puzzled as to why he has done this as he has made no demands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3789465.stm

He has booby trapped the place and has enough food and drink to last him quite some time. He also has weapons to play with albeit decommissioned ones but with a soldering iron and a little know how they can soon become active again.

He calls himself Ronald Macdonald and his intentions are unknown. But the police are going to have to play a very long waiting game with him it looks like.

Pinball

hehehe - exxxxxxxcellent :-)

Who knows what he might find down there. I guess the pigs will keep at a safe distance. Clearly he's a paranoid nutter, but the paranoia (and its execution) has to be respected ;-)

I think his name really is Ronald MacDonald (or at least that BBC article gives that impression).

In what way has he booby-trapped the place?

weekender

Quote from: "http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3789465.stm"Scotland's Secret Bunker is hidden 100ft underground below a farmhouse at Troywood.

The tourist attraction contains knives and imitation firearms, while its canteen is stocked with food.

It's not that secret then, what with the tourist attraction...

Pinball

Quote from: "m...wW(wwMww)Ww...m"In what way has he booby-trapped the place?
That'll just be the bullshit justification the police have lied about to justify killing him.

MojoJojo

Quote from: "Pinball"
That'll just be the bullshit justification the police have lied about to justify killing him.

If the police couldn't come up with a better a better reason than that to kill someone, how could they manage the huge conspiracy to destroy our personal freedoms?

mr rou-rou

Superintendent Hamburglar is advising his officers to excise due care when encountering any alluring happy meals.

He's not done badly for himself, our Ronnie.

Imagine the fun he could have here, picking up one of the red phones, saying, "Get me the president.... and some fries" and wildly waving his arms about.

mr rou-rou

the hum

My brother visited that place a few years back.  Apparently it was still in active use as late as 1992.

The bunker must be corrupt. The UN should step in and rescue control of the situation immediately, whilst flooding the Middle Eastern evil terrorist Muslims with democracy.

We were told not to judge the Americans on the basis of the actions of a few soldiers who posed for photos with dead Iraqi's. We were told that we should not blame the actions of a few on the majority, to do so would be stupid, after all, most people wouldn't dream of doing what they did with those corpses.

Now we are going to punishing Middle Eastern nations for the actions of a few supposed terrorists who were allegedly Muslim, I think we must have stopped listening to our own advice and information.

Doctor Stamen

Maybe Grimace or Mayor McCheese can talk him out of there.  

If he doesn't come out soon, my birthday party's going to be fucking shit!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Pinball"
Hey, you mean it's *not* you?  ;-)

If he was in the US I'd entirely agree with you.  However in the UK they do seem to usually try to talk them out first.

pretty dead boy

Bunker siege comes to an end

A siege at a former nuclear bunker has ended, police have confirmed.
A man in his 30s had been holed up at Scotland's Secret Bunker in Anstruther, Fife, since 0130 BST on Tuesday.

About 20 officers, including armed police, had been at the bunker, which is hidden 100ft underground below a farmhouse at Troywood.

Fife Police confirmed on Thursday a man had been arrested and was now in custody. It is believed he will appear at Cupar Sheriff Court on Friday.

A spokesman for the management at the bunker said it was not yet clear when staff would be able to get into the complex to assess any damage.

They expected police scenes of crime officers to be inspecting the premises as soon as possible.

James Mitchell, the owner of the bunker, declined to comment at his home in Edinburgh, where he has been monitoring developments via closed circuit television.

Trained negotiators and dog handling teams have also been at the scene.

The bunker, which was built in the 50s, would have been the headquarters for the Scottish secretary in the event of a nuclear war.

It is protected by thick concrete walls and massive blast doors.

The bunker was closed down and turned into a museum 10 years ago. The display includes decommissioned guns and bladed weapons.

bbc

Alberon

Spoilsport. He could have held out for weeks in there.

@ssmaster

Apparantly Ronald ran out of fags and the police coaxed him out with the promise of cigarettes. Bloody marvellous, he had all the food and drink to last him weeks on end but as soon as he ran out of cigarettes he buckled under the pressure.

You couldn't make that up, you really couldn't.

gazzyk1ns

I wonder why they wanted to get him out so desperately, it looked like they rushed there with a load of resources? He could really only have done little damage, and certainly to no-one else, whilst he was down there... what's the difference in having perhaps one copper and one negotiater there and teams of cops and meatwagons, etc?

Santa's Boyfriend

He probably did it because his name was Ronald Macdonald, and he had a joke made at his expense once too often.  It would be enough to make anyone crack I think.

Timmay

no way man globalisation good dude

Pinball

Quote from: "Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry"globalisation bad shit man
Awwwwhhhh, he's barely literate bless him. I think he means that eating McDonald's induces constipation.

hencole

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/06/09/bulldozer.rampage.ap/index.html

QuoteGRANBY, Colorado (AP) -- A man who spent months armoring a bulldozer before he went on a rampage through a small mountain town and then killed himself was surprised no one discovered his plans beforehand, according to notes found by investigators.

Sheriff's deputies released the undated notes Tuesday after finding them in a shed where Marvin Heemeyer installed bulletproof armor on the 53-ton bulldozer. Thirteen buildings were damaged or destroyed in the rampage.