Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:41:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Portal 2 DLC

Started by Nibbsy, October 11, 2011, 12:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibbsy

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, I couldn't see the other Portal 2 thread on the first 2 pages and couldn't be bothered to scroll any more...

So apparently some new content was released in the last week or so. Has anyone got/played it yet? I loved my first play through but traded my copy in for LA Noire and wondering whether it's worth buying it again for the sake of some lovely new puzzles.

I had always intended to buy it back when there was new content, but the combined cost will be the same price as a new game, and there are lots of other new games out in the next few weeks. So, is it worth it?

Blumf

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/blog.php?id=6430
QuoteAn all-new co-op adventure starring Atlas, P-Body and GLaDOS, the free DLC "Peer Review" takes place an unknown period of time after the events of Portal 2. You and your co-op science partner are once again awoken and assembled for a dangerous new mission. Did we say "dangerous"? We meant routine. Everything's fine. That slight note of terror you're hearing in GLaDOS's voice is probably just an audio calibration error.

Looks like you missed a 50% off deal on Steam though.

Nibbsy

I play it on Xbox so that isn't a problem really, I don't think those deals apply to Xbox Live.

That's another question, how much does the DLC cost on Xbox, I'm guessing around 1200 MS points as usual? I could probably find out for myself quite easily but where's the fun in that?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Nibbsy on October 11, 2011, 01:20:28 PM
I play it on Xbox so that isn't a problem really, I don't think those deals apply to Xbox Live.

That's another question, how much does the DLC cost on Xbox, I'm guessing around 1200 MS points as usual? I could probably find out for myself quite easily but where's the fun in that?

This one is free on all platforms, as the above link says -  not that this affects you, but the Steam deal was 50% off the cost of the game itself.

I haven't played it yet but I hear the new co-op campaign is very good, and up to the standard of the original co-op. It only adds a time trial mode to the single-player though so it's probably not worth rebuying the game if you're not planning on playing through with a mate.

Nibbsy

Ah I didn't click the link, thanks.

I really enjoyed the first co-op campaign so glad to hear it's up to that standard, but think I might wait on rebuying until there's some new single player puzzles.