Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:28:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Well, at the end of the day...

Started by a bald avuncular jew, June 10, 2004, 04:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terminallyrelaxed

Quote from: "dan dirty ape"I have a similar problem with saying 'no worries' when anyone asks me a favour.  It makes me sound like an idiot, but always slips out.
Me too, to the point that relative strangers occasionally ask me if I'm Australian. Have no idea why I keep saying it, its not a passing fad either I've been doing it for years. When I catch myself recently I've been saying 'my pleasure' instead, even though it can sometimes sound a bit insincere.
Its a frequent issue with me as my job is mostly just helping people out with little (for me) problems, that often seems like miracle-working for them - "Ommmmm - behold! The mystical Tool-Menu of Word 2004, I shall now incant the sacred mantra and invoke the daemon, yes, we shall summon the Mail-Merge-Wizard! Mwahahahahaahaaaaaaa!!!"

Bilko

Quote from: "Shade""So then he/she/they turned around and said....."

Where they talking to this persons back, before they "turned around, and said"?
Nick Hancock on room 101.

'...there's no smoke without fire'.  Wrong, there can be smoke without fire quite easily.

neveragain

If you're saying it was Hancock who said that 'turned round' thing then it probably was but I did hear Paul Merton saying it on one edition (to Stephen Fry interestingly enough), though he may well have been copying the mighty Nick - who I really preferred as a host for some reason, who's with me?

Bollock Chops

People who say "If [Band/Album/Film/Book] is so shit, how come they sold [X] million?"

Gobshites.

chand

Quote from: "Bollock Chops"People who say "If [Band/Album/Film/Book] is so shit, how come they sold [X] million?"

Gobshites.

That argument is tremendously common among the strange folk who write in to the various Teletext music pages, along with 'I don't understand why people are listening to [currently popular pop artist], everyone should go out and buy the new album by [top-20 guitar band who get blanket coverage in NME and are popular enough already to make the main stage at a huge rock festival]' and 'How come no-one ever talks about [indie band that have been talked about a whole fucking lot]?'.

'They don't even write their own songs'

gazzyk1ns

Fucknose

my other half says "lets be honest about this" before just about everything, it drives me fucking insane. 'no, really, I thought you were about to lie to me... grrrrrrrrrr.

Purple Tentacle

People who still say "Oh behave!" and "Yeah, baby!", even though that stopped being funny when Mike Myers re-released the same film but rubbish, and Austin Powers was never that funny a character anyway.

Mildly Diverting

Even worse, people who say 'Not' after a sarcastic comment, still believing it to be amusing seventy eight years after Wayne's World came out.

dan dirty ape

Generic management speak, things like 'can you make this happen by close of play today?' and 'let's put this one to bed'.  I mean, 'close of play', Jesus!  Does he not realise how much of a dick that makes him sound?

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"People who still say "Oh behave!" and "Yeah, baby!", even though that stopped being funny when Mike Myers re-released the same film but rubbish, and Austin Powers was never that funny a character anyway.

Or 'ding-dong', most recently employed by Vernon 'fucking' Kay on that new Doritos advert.  Even Leslie Phillips now sounds like a twat saying 'ding-dong', expected as he is to wheel it out at every public appearance he does.

burpmitosis

Quote from: "JesusAndYourBush"

"Don't worry about it"

Said to you by a complete twat when you weren't worrying about anything.  I wasn't worried, but now I'm annoyed.  At you.  Twat.

I think "Calm Down" has the same effect.  You were calm before, but as soon as they say that, you're not anymore.

hymen spaz

Quote from: "Fucknose"my other half says "lets be honest about this" before just about everything, it drives me fucking insane. 'no, really, I thought you were about to lie to me... grrrrrrrrrr.

really?

do i?

well you say "do you know what i mean" in everything you say.

impending Domestic.

Fucknose

It's only to make sure you're fucking listening, to initiate some kind of response..........(silence)........DO YOU know what I mean????!!!!!! (let's end this now bitch)