Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:34:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Halo Reach, COD Black Ops or Deus Ex?

Started by jimmymckooel, October 23, 2011, 01:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmymckooel

I was at Gamestation on Friday.  I seen some good bargains, Halo Reach and COD Black Ops, each for 14.99, and the new deus ex for 19.99!  I quite fancy all for three but, I'm sure if I buy one the other two won't run away.  I'm bored of MW 2, I've played it to death, so a new COD would be nice.  I have a soft spot for Halo and they say this is the best one.  It's the new Deus Ex at a discout price! Loved the first but wasn't so keen on the sequel.  I heard a rumour the AI was a bit dodgy on Deus Ex.  Hmmm, what I should do...

Big Jack McBastard

Personally I found Halo Reach to be a bit of a throwaway title, didn't fancy it's multiplayer much either, though that was mostly down to the screeching, racist regardless of who they assumed they were playing against, foetuses that populated it when I stuck my nose in.

That's not to say it's bad, just more of the same, minus MC with a dash of new features and a new coat of paint, it's certainly the toughest of the series but once I'd completed it I was unarsed to play it again and it quickly went in the trade-in pile. CoDBO was fairly entertaining with some decent elements, memorable moments and balls-hard sections, nothing on par with assaulting the Reichstag in World at War difficulty-wise though, which could be taken either way I suppose, I was mightily pissed off with the number of times I died trying to get to the second autosave point in that but relieved when it happened. I have to say I found the ending of it a bit crap though, a bit too jarring and sudden for my taste though getting there was ok.

I did enjoy Deus Ex 3 though again I can't help but feel it's ending(s) could have been handled differently, too easy to reload and see the lot regardless of how you played the game (provided you don't go on a kill-crazy rampage and take the time to look for certain folks).

I take it this is for a console yeah? What are the specs on your PC like? If they're up to the task I'd say torrent Deus Ex 3 (provided you're as bereft of scruples as myself) and get COD.

AsparagusTrevor

I've always been a bit weird and preferred the Treyarch CoD games, never understood the heaps of praise piled onto Infinity Ward in relation to the heaps of criticism piled onto the Treyarch games.  World at War is my favourite out of the lot, and I much preferred Black Ops to MW2.

glitch

Wait another few weeks and Black Ops will be next to nothing. Not worth picking up for the multiplayer now.

Zetetic

I'm sure BLOPS is fine if you want a shooter where there's little to no onus on you to do any actual shooting.

I'd recommend Deus Ex: HR. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it's a good game and has moments of thoughtfulness. I haven't had any problem with the AI, nor have I heard about any such problem. I'd guess it's not as good a game as Reach if you just want to blast at stuff.

jimmymckooel

I decided to buy all three! They're all good in their own way.  I can see Deux Ex eating away the most of time, it's a massive improvement over the previous installement, good stealth, decent gunplay and it's a bit of a detective game.  Black Ops seems alright, not too fussed about the single player and this time you can buy upgrades for your classes which is interesting.  Just stuck on reach, seems better than Halo 3 and no duel guns which makes choosing guns less complex.