Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:11:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

vent about the decline of your favorite actor, director, key grip, etc.

Started by yokel, October 25, 2011, 10:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Ah, I'd disagree with the Downey Jnr bashing, I'm very fond of him as an actor and don't think many could have made Tony Stark so appealing. He's great in Charlie Bartlett too, though the film suffers in general when compared to Rushmore.

Nobody Soup

I'd forgotten about the golden globes thing but yes, I remember being really disappointed, even if I do sometimes give people I like the benefit of the doubt on the grounds they're a bit out of step with public opinion.

He was good in charlie bartlett, and I would have been fine with Iron Man if it had been a one off to either keep his profile up but by 2013 he'll have been him or sherlock in 6 films and not much else as far as I can see.

yokel

Did anyone like Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder? I haven't seen the whole thing, but the bits I've seen of it made the film seem a bit over action movieish. Even the commercial for the psuedo documentary of the making of the movie within the movie seems a bit more terrifyingly exciting. Yes, what can I say? I'm always up for some psychodrama.

Harpo Speaks

I also thought Bale was good in The Fighter.

De Niro though... I think he could do something good again if he could be bothered, there's enough time to get another great performance out of him given the right role and him not simply phoning it in.

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Phil_A on October 29, 2011, 01:58:00 AM
I suspect De Niro, like Harrison Ford, knows his best years are behind him, and is now just coasting along, taking it easy until he can retire.

Surely De Niro's divorce, a few years back, resulted in his having to be less than discriminating in what he does.

Noodle Lizard

Another reason I'm increasingly disappointed with Depp is that he seems to be doing a lot more interviews these days, with something to say about everything, and it rarely serves him well:

Quote"I find it disheartening these days that everybody is like everybody else. Less and less you see real individuals. They all wear their trousers down below their crotch. I don't understand that kind of lemming mentality."

Coming from a true individual, of course.

kitsofan34

Quote from: Harpo Speaks on October 29, 2011, 11:07:37 PM
I also thought Bale was good in The Fighter.

De Niro though... I think he could do something good again if he could be bothered, there's enough time to get another great performance out of him given the right role and him not simply phoning it in.

Isn't he meant to be doing a film with Scorsese soon? That could be good. Not as good as Little Fockers obviously, but then again, what is?!

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

De Niro is supposed to be in Marty's long-mooted Sinatra biopic, although I don't know if that will ever see the light of day.

yokel

Eh, Depp's having a mid life crisis is all, plus he's gonna be 50 in two years, let him be a grumpy ol fellah sometimes, Noodle.