Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:46:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ye Olde Chris Morris passport photo question

Started by Purple Tentacle, June 10, 2004, 05:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Tentacle

I remember this thread from the old board, sadly departed, and cannot remember what the consensus was on this.

Is Chris Morris in this collection of passport photographs in the Fist of Fun book (culled from www.fistoffun.net) and if so, is he the chap in the bowtie in the middle?  Kevin Eldon looks like he's on the left of the same row.

http://www.fistoffun.net/book/46.htm

edit: Humpf, the link's not ruddy working for me now, give it time.....

Hans

I don't think that is him,  But Armando is bottom-right diagonally to the one who isn't Chris Morris.  And David Schneider is in the very bottom left corner.

Darrell

That is Morris in the bow tie, yes. There are loads of comedy people on those pages.

My favourite photo is of Stewart Lee's dad, who looks exactly like Stewart Lee but with a moustache.

I seem to be having great trouble with those links.

"Bad gateways".

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Darrell"My favourite photo is of Stewart Lee's dad, who looks exactly like Stewart Lee but with a moustache.

Is he the third one top row, or third from right bottom row?

Key

young Kevin Eldon looks like a dude (1st one in the 5th row down). There are some guys on that that might be Baynham and Marber but I can't be sure.
Morris in bow tie looks nothing like Morris on the top row.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Key"young Kevin Eldon looks like a dude...
Young Kevin Eldon looks like he's on smack!

Who's the bloke second along and second up from the bottom?  The one with the big shades.  Looks awfully familiar...

Morrisfan82

Looks a bit like a young Tommy Vance...

The guy second-from-the-end on that row looks 87% like David Jatt.

Am I right in thinking Ben Moor and Simon Fanshawe are on there?

Johnny Yesno

Purple Tentacle

no_offenc

I would've thought the guy second-from-the-end on the top row was Morris, it looks more like him.

Ben Ordinary

Quote from: "Muteki"Looks a bit like a young Tommy Vance...

The guy second-from-the-end on that row looks 87% like David Jatt.

Am I right in thinking Ben Moor and Simon Fanshawe are on there?

Ben Moor definately is there, along with a much hairier Al Murray (top row, right)

Shame that despite all the other top flight amusing material in the FoF book, that this is and always has been my favourite bit. Its inexplicably fascinating.

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

The mouth is different, and that guy doesn't seem as pock-marked as Morris does in other photos (even with make-up on).

SimonJT

Is this Stuart Lee's dad, on the previous page? http://www.fistoffun.net/book/45.htm (end of the second row). Al Murray is on here too.

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

Another passport photo question: this is a bit vague, but y'know at the beginning of one of the Day Today's, there's a black and white photo of a yougn guy with curly dark hair and glasses? Well, is that Marber or Morris? I think we argued about this before the Blitz.

Dr David V

no_offenc

alan strang

Aw, this takes me back. Mr Spock and all.

Page 45

Row 5, Pic 3 - Sally Phillips?
Row 4, Pic 7 - Jo Unwin?
Row 7, Pic 6 - that bloke from NTK?
Row 7, Pic 7 - 'Sally' (the 7 Raymonds ventriloguists dummy)
Row 8, Pic 4 - Emma Kennedy?
Row 8, Pic 5 - Ben Moor?

Page 46

Row 3, Pic 1 - that other bloke from NTK? (also looks a bit like Paul Powell)
Row 4, Pic 7 - Andy MacKay?
Row 5, Pic 1 - Eldon?
Row 6, Pic 2 - Ben Moor + Al Murray?
Row 6, Pic 6 - Iannucci?
Row 7, Pic 3 - Emma Kennedy?
Row 8, Pic 1 - Schneider?

Re: Stewart Lee's dad. I thought he was adopted.

TJ

Not got the pictures in front of me now, but I've always thought Peter Baynham, Sarah Smith and, erm, Jordan Knight from New Kids On The Block were in there too.

Ambient Sheep

Unlikely theory of the day: that the writer of Amelie was inspired by the Fist of Fun book.

dan dirty ape

That's surely Steven 'Swells' Wells, NME writer and On The Hour collaborator, next to one of the Stewart Lees.  Who the fuck is that weird silver half face half hair apparition though?

butnut

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"Unlikely theory of the day: that the writer of Amelie was inspired by the Fist of Fun book.

Yes, I thought that!

Nothing more to add, sorry.

Goldentony

is it just me or is row 3 picture 1 mike D from the beastie boys

Shade

Quote from: "no_offenc"

Hmm?

Is it me, or does Morris look kind of old and haggard in this pic? Is that make up effects or is he really looking 10 to 15 years older than he actually is, these days?

Third row, on the left at the very end looks a bit like him.

mayer

make up innit... that's from the "jumping of a roof" Jam sketch.

Shade

Yeah he's also "sporting" a similar "look" in the "Man living outside" sketch. But then when you see him in the intros, he looks younger again. Just wonderin'.

I'm positive thats him in the third row.

A Passing Turk Slipper

How do we know for definite that the bow-tied one is Morris? It would have been nice if they had a little bit in the back of the book that told you who's who. Or did they have that anyway?

Gavin

Page 46: Third row, three across, Juninhio.

Goldentony

i cant see why people are thinking the bow tie guy is him, it looks nowt like him, different nose an tha