Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Headphones

Started by Subtle Mocking, November 01, 2011, 01:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subtle Mocking

So, my Bose headphones have finally packed up, and I'm looking around for a new pair. Any of you audiophiles got any recommendations? Not too expensive if possible (under £200?), and not too fussed about open or closed back.

One thing I should mention, Beats headphones are absolutely horrible. I went shopping around a few weeks ago, and they were sold absolutely everywhere. Baffling for something that performs so badly at that price.

EDIT: I'm currently looking at these - Sennheiser HD518

momatt

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on November 01, 2011, 01:46:39 PM
One thing I should mention, Beats© headphones are absolutely horrible. I went shopping around a few weeks ago, and they were sold absolutely everywhere. Baffling for something that performs so badly at that price.

A while ago I saw an absolute cunt of a chap (based on his Superdry t-shirt and annoying smurf-style woolly hat worn in Summer) buying some Beats© headphones.  I head him saying to the salesman that they must be really good as they're so expensive, so didn't need to test them.
You can now get Beats© phones and laptops, this makes little sense to me.

I doubt Dr. Dre has very much to do with them.  May I also cast doubt on his medical qualifications.  ☻

The only thing more horrible and inexplicably popular is Skull Candy.  Sound like bees in a baked bean can.