Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

XBox Update

Started by Neomod, November 01, 2011, 03:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Didn't they say that for these other video apps as well, though? Or am I imagining that? Quite possibly

HappyTree

It seems to be difficult, if not impossible, to choose to browse only the demos I've downloaded so I can play them. Under the Games tab I go to My Games and every game is there in a long line - demos, arcade, full games, installed discs - seemingly unsorted by any criteria I can think of. I could look up by alphabet but if I don't remember what demo I've grabbed recently then I have no way to look for it other than scrolling along the 72 games in the list.

And when I do find a demo I select it and I have to choose "Download again" then look to see if it suggests I can play it. Seems very unhelpful to me. The different categories worked fine under the old interface, why would they deliberately make it less functional?

Beagle 2

Where is iPlayer, like?

Famous Mortimer

Said "coming in the Spring" last time I looked for it.

Neil

iPlayer is there now.

Beagle 2

Yay! *cancels Sky subscription*

Neil

Fuck me, the dashboard is BEYOND useless now.  I tracked down the "Inside Xbox" video thing, which is now pretty much hidden, and in the middle of it the bloke starts wanking on about the latest video releases on Zune!  I know they're desperate to cement the Xbox as a living room center-piece, but... it's already in my living room, and I just really want to use it for games.  If I'm intereted in video crap, I'll go and look at it seperately.  Now I just won't bother watching the gaming stuff - and watch it much less anyway because it's been hidden with all these useless updates - because I'll only be forced to watch things that are of no interest to me.

Paaaaul

I've not bought a single game or DLC via the dashboard since the change, and that's probably due to it now being a hard-to-navigate piece of crap. I'm watching a lot more video through my Xbox now which seems to be what they are looking for in their customers.

Has anyone else had trouble downloading the iPlayer app?

buntyman

I'm the same. It's really hard to search for new games as well as working out what the latest deals are and what extra content is out. I mainly use it to watch sky, lovefilm and play xbox games I owned before the update. They're definitely making less money out of me than they would be with a better navigation system.

HappyTree

Yeah I have all but stopped downloading demos now. I wonder if there has been a general drop in online purchases because of this interface or is it just us old fogeys who are railing against change.

Hank Venture

Is the iPlayer coming to other countries than Britain? Anybody knows?

mook

No, fuck off it's British.

mook

Quote from: Hank Venture on March 25, 2012, 07:02:29 PM
shut it, you cock.

not until you apologise for sending us shite furniture.

Hank Venture

Quote from: mook on March 25, 2012, 07:08:36 PM

not until you apologise for sending us shite furniture.

That's between you and RickyGerbail.

You filthy degenerate.

Edit: English "banter", am I doing it right?

mook

not a bad attempt. mind, i wouldn't dream of lifting myself to the lofty heights of calling myself degenerate, or filthy really come to that. i like to think of myself as a slightly smudgy taint at best.

Hank Venture

I wouldn't dream of taking credit for such a successful and admireable business venture such as Ikea either; a company revered all over the world for it's brilliant and affordable designer furniture. I'm a Saab, at most.