Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,473
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pinch & Shackleton release collaboration album

Started by alan nagsworth, November 08, 2011, 10:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

seriously the most exciting dubstep news of the last few years, seeing as the genre is almost completely shagged and evolved into either tear-arse bassline brostep or increasingly fleeting strains of uk funky/house-infused stuff. these two pioneers of the low-slung percussive/ambient end of the dubstep spectrum of the early noughties are still producing a magnificently spacious and dub-inspired sound.

shackleton is more recognised for his sparse percussion loops lacing his otherwise minimal tunes, and pinch for creating amazingly deep and immersive aquatic soundscapes... the two combined are a serious force to be reckoned with. this album is fucking tremendous. anyone who's a fan of either artist or other more-recognised dub warriors such as kode9, burial, mala, or even james bloody blake.

honestly, this album is a real gem. i'm in heaven.

Ah, thanks for the heads-up, I'll definitely check it out when I've got proper Internet access in my new gaff.

Speaking of collaborations, I'm really looking forward to the Author LP due soon on Tectonic. They might have two of the worst noms de plume in the business, but Jack Sparrow and Ruckspin have produced some cracking tunes in the past (check out their track Dread if you haven't already heard it), and I'm expecting this album to be IMMENSE.