Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:50:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The MS Paint Album Art Game Thread!

Started by alan nagsworth, November 12, 2011, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

been a while since the old one was active and seeing as the 'badly drawn film screenshot' one is proving equally - if not more - popular at the moment, i thought it'd be nice to revive this.

rules:
- try and keep your resolution roughly around 300x300 pixels;
- obviously replace any artist/album names present on the cover with something blank and unrevealing such as 'band' / 'title';
- one submission at a time! the person who correctly guesses both the artist and album title becomes the next submitter;
- make your entry as crappy or detailed as you see fit, so long as it's distinguishable enough.

seeing as my good arm is currently broken i'll submit one of my old entries to get this thing started. have fun!

ThickAndCreamy

ThickAndCreamy

Hopefully it isn't too unclear. A little hint, the background contains water and ice.

ThickAndCreamy

Another clue: the album had a number one hit single in the US and Tony Hadley had a cameo in the music video.

Also, the main artist of the group is a very fat man.

CaledonianGonzo

PM Dawn - Of The Heart, Of The Soul And Of The Cross

ThickAndCreamy

CaledonianGonzo

Ah - just realised that I may now be expected to contribute the next sleeve.  Which won't be happening as even something like The White Album will probably be beyond me.  Should have kept my yap shut - sorry.

Anyone else can now feel free to launch another sleeve into the thread.

doppelkorn

doppelkorn

ThickAndCreamy

That's one of my favourite album covers, mainly down to the title.

doppelkorn

HZJ it's your shout.

T+C, I wasn't sure what to go with but went with IWCY for the zany stripe down the left-hand side. I pulled it off I think.

Dead kate moss

I have a relatively easy one ready to go if Mr zombiejesus is busy/dead...

doppelkorn

I've got the bug, I did another one. So I'm 2nd reserve if a correct guesser can't go.

holyzombiejesus

Piece of piss.

I should be ashamed of myself; not only did I use a sleeve with just graphics on it, I didn't attempt to do them free hand and I then got the colours and font wrong. Then again, what do you expect when there's a load of nagging C&Bers, squealing 'can I try a quick one. can I try a quick one' in the background.

wosl

holyzombiejesus

Johnny Townmouse

wosl

holyzombiejesus

That's really good. But I can't remember who it's by.

Shall we have a little rule (like in the film version) that there should be a link, no matter how tenuous, between each entry and the next?

Nobody Soup

that's going to annoy me until someone gets it. It's just not registering but I've definitely seen it before.

doppelkorn

Ditto...I'm stumped, but then again I haven't heard of half the things on here

Pie Pie Eater

It looks kind of like Slipknot. Corey Taylor wore a rabbit mask, yeah?

Johnny Townmouse

This is killing me. My brain keeps saying 'geek by my bloody valentine', captain beefheart, the residents. All wrong.

wosl

Can't think up a clue that isn't going to serve it up on a plate.

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on November 15, 2011, 04:50:56 PMMy brain keeps saying 'geek by my bloody valentine'

They formed around the same time as MBV.

Serge

[obvious]Animal Collective[/obvious]

Which is by way of me admitting that I don't have a bloody clue either.

wosl

Johnny Townmouse

doppelkorn

Give us a clue mate! I can't have this thread and Only Connect die on me. They're the only things keeping me going.