Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:09:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sweed Chariod

Started by de selby, June 11, 2004, 05:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

de selby

It's International Rugby Union time again. Yes, yes, yes.  

OK. I know there's the small matter of Euro 2004 starting tomorrow as well -  but England's Rugby team have 3 test matches lined up down under - 2 against New Zealand, and a repeat of the WC03 final against Australia. It'll be the All Blacks' and Wallabies' first crack at the World Champions since that wonderful day back in whenever it was. A chance for them to get us back for having the audacity to not only be the first Northern hemisphere team to win the World Cup - but also to do it their own back yard. Oh. My. God.

Sir Clive has taken his strongest available squad for the tour, although there will be some famous names missing. How will we fare without the likes of Martin Johnson, Jonny Wilkinson, Neil Back and Jason Robinson - all WC03 winners?

So, first up ABs - tomorrow morning - 8:30am kick off I think. What do you think? Will Richard Hill be able to cut it as an open-side? Does Charlie have what it takes to step into Jonny's boots? Will our monster pack be too strong for them? Will Simpson-Daniel come of age. Or will the ABs/Wallabies prove to us that we really are a bunch of uselss pasty Poms and send us packing following a 3-0 spanking?

Either way, it'll be very tasty. A bit like my full English breakfast - sausage, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, toast - and a couple of cans of Boddys draught. Come on...!

You Zulu warrior. Or something.

Waits. By door. Coat in hand.