Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:52:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts

Started by buntyman, November 12, 2011, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

What's the format now? Can Anderson win 3-2 or is it 2 clear?

rjd2

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 04, 2015, 10:48:00 PM
What's the format now? Can Anderson win 3-2 or is it 2 clear?

Has to be 2 clear in a deciding set.

biggytitbo

Never in doubt!

You could tell in that last set that he was absolutely not going to let it go mentally. If anything it's Tsylor that crumbled a bit missing those double 16s.

DrGreggles

GET IN!

Anderson showed the sort of resilience that Taylor usually has.

biggytitbo

It's almost like Anderson delibretly lost the previous 2 sets so he could beat Taylor in the closest manner possible. He actually looked more composed and confident in those last 3 legs than at any time in the match.

rjd2

Very impressed with him all week, 3-1 down against Klassen and came back and won and then had to beat MVG and Taylor.

I suppose now as World Champ, Wade inherits the "best player never to win a World Title" phrase.

biggytitbo

Quote from: rjd2 on January 04, 2015, 10:58:47 PM
Very impressed with him all week, 3-1 down against Klassen and came back and won and then had to beat MVG and Taylor.

I suppose now as World Champ, Wade inherits the "best player never to win a World Title" phrase.

Yeah either Wade or that guy from Minder.

Gulftastic

LIFT THE FUCKING TROPHY!!

Morrison Lard

Bloody hellfire.
That was an unbelievably awesome match.

GET IN ANDO!!!!

biggytitbo

It was a great final and result the only slightly  disappointing thing about it is Taylor wasn't more annoyed about losing.

George Oscar Bluth II

That was fucking brilliant. Drama with a capital D etc etc.

Mr_Simnock

doppelkorn

As a non-Sky haver I was watching the BDO champs yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then again I've seen maybe 15 minutes of PDC in the last 6 years so any darts is interesting to me.

Quote from: Jamie Oliver is fat on January 03, 2015, 03:25:42 PM
Interesting blog post;

https://cornishtalks.wordpress.com/2014/12/22/the-pdc-have-created-a-monster-they-are-now-slaves-to-it/

Can someone explain to me this stands vs. tables thing? The comments were as interesting as the article, I thought.

monolith

Quote from: monolith on January 04, 2015, 09:45:36 PM
Fat cunt has this and I have an early start and I'm ill. Fuck this shit.
As well as Anderson played, I think it's only fair that I take some credit. Taylor had won 3 sets in a row when I wrote this and looked unstoppable. This post and me then going to bed was the turning point.

If you are reading this, Gary, where's my £250,000?

I'm a reasonable man and will accept 100k.

Jamie Oliver is fat

You've got to hand it to Sky, their hype really works (once the action has started) with the darts.

I remember thinking at the time that as "Won't get fooled again" started that Anderson look edgy, nervous and excited up on the big screens

Pwoper dwama! great camera work

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2e0k1a_pdc-world-darts-championship-2015-final-taylor-vs-anderson-part-1_sport

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: doppelkorn on January 05, 2015, 12:26:45 PM
As a non-Sky haver I was watching the BDO champs yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then again I've seen maybe 15 minutes of PDC in the last 6 years so any darts is interesting to me.

Can someone explain to me this stands vs. tables thing? The comments were as interesting as the article, I thought.

Ive been going to the premier league in Glasgow for the last 6 years and the atmosphere and crowd are generally insane.  However,  after the actual riot the night Lewis and Anderson played,  security has been tightened ten fold. They dont let folk in who are pished,  you can't get in with bottles of liquid,  unopened Ribena or otherwise and they have lots and lots of stewards,  even policeman wandering about. 

The crowd are contained but they don't stop cheering,  shouting,  singing,  dancing or generally going mental,  which i love and i think the majority of the players like it too.  I know Taylor had been pretty vocal about the 'passion' of the Glasgow crowd. Its all in good humour and is quite pantomimesque at times and I definitely prefer it to the dead silence that you sometimes get.

rjd2

BDO will have some rubbish, but people forget for the most part these guys are amateur so its absurd to expect the same standard as the PDC. We do get some good matches now and then especially in the later stages.

Jamie Oliver is fat

The crowd for the PDC final seemed completely different, there's almost complete silence as that tense final set came to a close which was in contrast to every evening before it.

biggytitbo

I'm not saying the standard is bad, but Michael J Fox is the BDO world number 9.

George Oscar Bluth II

The standard of the women's game I caught this afternoon was OK I thought.

biggytitbo

The most annoying thing about the women's darts is the commentators going on about how good it is.

dr beat

Meanwhile its all been kicking off in Melbourne: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/darts/30761576

rjd2

Credit where it is due, the semi final between Durant and Adams was quality last night, easily as entertaining as anything we seen from the PDC.

The final now, Mitchell v Adams, the horrible cunt.

Gulftastic

That was an epic final! Well done to Scotty.

And the atmosphere was so much more palatable than the PDC.

biggytitbo

Yes it was a good final...same score as the PDC wasn't it?

Gulftastic

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 11, 2015, 09:07:45 PM
Yes it was a good final...same score as the PDC wasn't it?

I believe so.

rjd2

It was indeed.

Always pleasing to see Adams lose. A dreadfully pompous cunt.

Mitchell a cert to go over to the PDC, unlike Bunting who everyone knew was way to good for the BDO last year, don't think this chap will do to much. 

weirdbeard

It was a pretty poor standard though, compared to the BDC stuff a few days ago.

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 07, 2015, 07:08:41 AM
I'm not saying the standard is bad, but Michael J Fox is the BDO world number 9.

I have a cracked rib at the moment. This line has caused me untold pain.