Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:07:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts

Started by buntyman, November 12, 2011, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

MVG is starting to dial it back a bit now after going the full Phil Taylor for a while, hes still a bit full of himself but hes not as bad as he used to be. And really, if you can throw darts like he can you can pretty much say what you like.

And he really, really reminds me of Les from Big Night Out, especially when he smiles.  Makes me giggle every time, of course.

Justin Pipe saying he did nothing wrong, his opponent didn't complain so fuck you, basically. Be interesting to see what the crowd are like with him.

I fucking love Paul Lim.

mr beepbap

Can see the crowd hammering Pipe. He was never popular due to his extremely slow throw and painful looking stance that looks like he'd been fucked up in a car crash or something.  I felt for him cos I've got a weird throw myself and you just have to go with what you feel comfortable with. He had a nice PR boost from repeatedly being interviewed in the last itv4 tournament which has now been more than undone. This could kill off his recent revival given the behaviour of the pdc crowd nowadays.

bgmnts

I guess he's going to get booed to fuck then? Saw the incident on a shit recording on utoob so unsure really. I quite liked his gimp throw to be honest.

bgmnts

bgmnts

Taylor vs Pipe. Face vs Heel.

DrGreggles

MvG v Barney in the QF? Yes please!

bgmnts

Barney might have him, I reckon.

Jamie Lewis smashing Peter Wright was exceptional.

BeardFaceMan

I'll say it again, its been a good tournament this, best for a few years. Very unpredictable which just goes to show the quality of the players now, anyone really is capable of beating anyone else. Some top quality games too. All that needs to happen now is for Taylor to get smashed tonight and it'll be perfect.

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on December 28, 2017, 12:43:02 PM
Jamie Lewis smashing Peter Wright was exceptional.

Impressive again tonight.

bgmnts

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 28, 2017, 08:22:37 PM
Impressive again tonight.

Darren Webster then Taylor/Anderson. Poor bastard.

bgmnts

Smashing Webster. Jesus

bgmnts

BeardFaceMan

Van Gerwen has looked shaky at times, Barney is up for this and always ups his game against MVG, I fancy him for the victory. It all depends on how hurt Anderson is, in the normal course of things he would breeze past Taylor. People are letting the occasion get to them, no ones given Taylor a decent match yet, they're rolling over for him, its gone back to the days of his pomp where he won the majority of his games before a dart was thrown as the other players talked themselevs out of beating him. Everyones trying to push the narrative of Taylor winning in his last attempt and the people, and the players, are buying into it.

bgmnts

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 29, 2017, 04:39:34 PM
Van Gerwen has looked shaky at times, Barney is up for this and always ups his game against MVG, I fancy him for the victory. It all depends on how hurt Anderson is, in the normal course of things he would breeze past Taylor. People are letting the occasion get to them, no ones given Taylor a decent match yet, they're rolling over for him, its gone back to the days of his pomp where he won the majority of his games before a dart was thrown as the other players talked themselevs out of beating him. Everyones trying to push the narrative of Taylor winning in his last attempt and the people, and the players, are buying into it.

I have Barney and Anderson in my accumulator. Confident Barney will get under MVG's skin.

BeardFaceMan

Thie could go either way now. Come on Barney!

bgmnts

Rob Cross will smash MVG if he plays like that I reckon. Jammy bastard.

BeardFaceMan

Story of this tournament seems to be players going through after surviving lots of set and match darts against them.  Not many players looking properly dangerous, when it comes to doubles its more a question of who is going to miss less rather than who will hit the most. Makes for good viewing though.

bgmnts

I fucking hate Phil Taylor.

BeardFaceMan

I do like Anderson but he should be ashamed of himself after that display. He's probably the least professional professional there is, look how long it took him to get a pair of glasses sorted out, literally never practices, always seems to smile after a defeat like it doesnt bother him, with a tiny bit of effort he could be winning everything. But he reminds me of Terry Jenkins, someone who is playing professional darts as a hobby rather than as a career, he just doesnt seem to care enough about winning.

I had to turn off during the sex offenders interview, I cant bear the man these days.

BeardFaceMan

Fucks sake, how much luck can one man have? All Taylors opponents are letting the occasion get to them,  I wouldn't mind seeing Cross in the final but he'll probably let the occasion get to him too, MVG won't, there's nothing he'd like more than to give Taylor a kicking on his way out the door but he hasn't been on top form. Fuck, Taylors going to win this isnt he?

I'd be interested to see how many set darts he has survived on sets that he ended up winning in this tournament,  and how many sets he has won with the other player not throwing any set darts. Fucker should be 4 nil down by now.

bgmnts

Hating every minute of this.

Lewis still had a great tournament, though.

biggytitbo

Great achievement, but I hope MVG slaughters him in the final.

holyzombiejesus

What's everyone got against the Port Vale supporting sex pest?

buntyman

This is the most exciting darts match i've seen in ages!

DrGreggles

What. A. Game. !.

Hate the sudden death legs, but that fucker could have gone on all night without it.
Such a shame that it wasn't the final, and we all know that Taylorcunt will win it and Sky will suck his balls...

DrGreggles

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 30, 2017, 09:44:29 PM
What's everyone got against the Port Vale supporting sex pest?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I've met him.

bgmnts

Best game i've seen, I think. Incredible.

How does a man who's only been playing 10 minutes beat the world number one? And a prelim in the semis too, great tournament.

Unless he bottles it big time against The Diddler; that would be the worst anticlimax ever recorded on television.

DrGreggles

I think tonight proves that, win or lose, he won't bottle it.

buntyman

Agreed. After Cross missing that bullseye to win the match and then losing the leg it took some nerve to pump in 2 treble 19s in his next throw.

bgmnts

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 31, 2017, 12:22:13 AM
I think tonight proves that, win or lose, he won't bottle it.

I didn't think Jamie Lewis would bottle it after steamrolling Webster, to be honest.

Whole place will be behind Taylor, it's his tournament etc etc.