Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts

Started by buntyman, November 12, 2011, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

The whole thing is clearly fixed to deliver the Hollywood ending.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is that the ending where Phillip 'The Power' Taylor is crushed by industrial loading equipment in front of his kids?

BeardFaceMan

His kids would probably enjoy that.

BeardFaceMan

I know its only one set but I think Cross may pull this off, the crowd may be for Taylor but theyre not against Cross, which is important,  they're cheering Cross too, not booing him. Come on Rob, I want to get a tattoo of Taylors face the moment you hit the winning double on the inside of my eyelids.

biggytitbo

Its a lot more fun to see him lose in the final than in the quarters or something isn't it?

buntyman

7-0 would be great

BeardFaceMan

Christ, the look on Taylors face, this is beautiful. I take it all back about wanting him out in the first round, youre right biggy, this is much better.

BeardFaceMan

I didn't think this could get much better but Taylor fluffing the 9 darter was glorious. All that needs to happen now is for Cross to get a 9 darter and this will be the perfect darts match.

BeardFaceMan

Is Rob Cross going to be the only person with a 100% record against Phil Taylor? That would be lovely, just something to stick in his craw as he retires. Greatest darts player of all time? Yeah, but you've never beaten Rob Cross have you?

BeardFaceMan

Playing to the crowd now, slimy prick. Mind you he has to do something to rattle Cross because playing darts against him isnt working.

bgmnts

All that effort into putting Cross off isn't working much. Cross missing doubles he wasn't missing before though.

Such a shitty cunty champion though.

bgmnts

Boom.

Have that up ya guts.

DrGreggles

GET IN!

Great to see Taylor fucking battered in his swan song.
Nice one, Crossy.

BeardFaceMan

Im so glad thats the last time I have to hear the announcer cum in his pants giving Tayloys intro while giving his opponent a bog standard intro. Not to mention his fucking fanfare music. I feel sorry for Cross cos all those cunts at Sky are interested in is Taylor.  Cross has such an amazing story and all theyre gonna talk about is Taylor.

BeardFaceMan

And he wanted to be played out with Coldplay, just in case you in any doubt as to how huge of a cunt this man is.

monkfromhavana

As i only have a passing interest in darts, other than the sex pesting and relentless media hype, why do you all hate him rather than just get pee'd off?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 31, 2017, 12:48:12 AM
The whole thing is clearly fixed to deliver the Hollywood ending.

Hollywood

DrGreggles

Quote from: monkfromhavana on January 02, 2018, 01:49:50 PM
As i only have a passing interest in darts, other than the sex pesting and relentless media hype, why do you all hate him rather than just get pee'd off?

I met him an an exhibition night down my old local pub in the mid/late 90s.
Without doubt one of the most cuntish individuals I've ever had the misfortune to meet - and I've met Robbie Williams*!
Almost every report I've had from anyone else who has met him has led to a similar appraisal.

*surprisingly nice actually

biggytitbo

So many darts players come off as cunts though don't they? Wade and Lewis two obvious examples. Maybe theyre just bad at interviews?

BeardFaceMan

I agree with you about Lewis but why is Wade obviously cunty? Hes usually very self-depricating in interviews, he seems quite nerdy and shy, interviews are not his strong point.

bgmnts

Is Aidy Lewis suspended by pdc? Saw vid of him on twitter getting raggy and squaring up to the poor bloke at the oche. Must have been a qualifier or something?

BeardFaceMan

Yeah he's been suspended immediately. Why they allowed the match to continue (Lewis ended up winning the match) after the first incident is beyond me. Looks like the fella tripped on the oche going to collect his darts, Lewis bumped into him stepping up for his throw and the bloke was amused by this and Lewis said something like "watch it, youre pissing me off now" but the bloke couldnt stop giggling which annoyed Lewis further, he was squaring up to him, swearing at him. And then after the match he either shoved him or grabbed him by the the throat, the PDC were quick to cut away and not show what actually happened.  Either way, this childish idiot is fucked, he's already out of the top 16, hard to see him coming back from this, depending on harsh the PDC are with him. When he is finally allowed to play again hes going to have to qualify for tournaments and he'll be playing the likes of MVG, Anderson, Cross, Wright etc in the first round. Amd he's far too lazy to put in the work he needs to, I can see this being a career ender.

Qualifiers for the UK open, they've been streaming some of it live on facebook. My first real taste of non-tv  tournaments, its odd watching them play in complete silence, just 2 players and a scorer in what looks like a cubicle.  And the scorer just matter of factly says '180', theres no showboating or theatrics.

BeardFaceMan

A 3 month (suspended) ban for Lewis and a 3 grand fine for shouting and swearing abuse at your opponent and grabbing him by the throat. And the cunt didn't even apologize to his opponent in his apology and basically blamed him for provoking him. Ugh, he's from the Phil Taylor school of darts, no doubt about that. Doesn't look like the boys at Sky are gonna mention it, wonder if they'll mention it when Lewis is playing on TV next. Probably not is my guess. I love darts but boy do I hate the PDC and Sky.

Cuntbeaks

Lewis was the only player that i actively hate. I woul never get tired of punching his fucking fat smarmy face.

The night he got hells abuse in Glasgow was pretty funny, especially when he got a wonderfully aimed pint pot thrown  at him before he walked on. Admittedly the throwing of stuff should have ended once he was on stage, but it never and as a result became a bit embarrassing. The night ended in a near riot and it was one of the last times i went.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IM97Gii1PmE

Toxic stuff on the rewatch, but he really is a cunt.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on February 08, 2018, 11:04:47 PM
Lewis was the only player that i actively hate. I woul never get tired of punching his fucking fat smarmy face.

The night he got hells abuse in Glasgow was pretty funny, especially when he got a wonderfully aimed pint pot thrown  at him before he walked on. Admittedly the throwing of stuff should have ended once he was on stage, but it never and as a result became a bit embarrassing. The night ended in a near riot and it was one of the last times i went.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IM97Gii1PmE

Toxic stuff on the rewatch, but he really is a cunt.

who'd be a walk-on girl eh?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BeardFaceMan

Not any more. How will darts survive, how is darts expected to make it to the Olympics now if they dont have dolly birds with them? The fact that some people are getting so upset over this just shows the type of audience they are going after. Rod Harrington is always banging on about the 'party' atmosphere theyre trying to create when what he really means is they want a football crowd from the 80s, pissed up and singing songs that have nothing to do with what theyre watching. Come to the darts in fancy dress! The last thing they mention is the actual darts. I have an idea for a new chant, instead of "stand up if you love the darts" can we get a chant of "sit down and cheer for your personal favourite and lets all assume that you love the darts because youre here and no one chants 'stand up if you love rubgy' at a six nations game." going?

Agreed about Lewis, I've disliked him since his petulant walk off against Peter Manley, he's always been childish and shows no sign of growing up. I just hope players start winding him up on purpose.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 08, 2018, 11:07:12 PM
who'd be a walk-on girl eh?

Certainly not in a room full of drunk Scots

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 08, 2018, 11:15:51 PM
Failed models

Could you post a pic of your sneery face sneering that sneer?

Here are the 'failed models' you're mansplaining to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdbD7EF4Byw

Gulftastic

Eric Bristow's died at the darts. Faìr to say he was a big part of the game's first peak period.