Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:08:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts

Started by buntyman, November 12, 2011, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie Oliver is fat

That Van Gerwen though eh

Helluva player, and probably best in the world currently, but his tempo may not lend itself to winning the World's and the stop start nature of multiple sets

Hankey's had a stroke, who'd have thought the diet and lifestyle of a darts player would lend itself to such a thing??

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2012/11/19/shropshire-darts-player-ted-hankey-suffers-stroke/

vrailaine

Is it his first stroke?

buntyman

Really enjoyed that tournament, great final with 2 decent chaps and a lot of high checkouts.
Disheartening to learn that even a professional darts player in the midst of a stroke is still a lot better than me.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Watching it on Youtube, he looked fucking terrible

vrailaine

Quote from: Jamie Oliver is fat on November 19, 2012, 04:46:14 PM
Watching it on Youtube, he looked fucking terrible
It's Ted Hankey, when has he not looked terrible? Like, really unhealthy, not ugly.

Jamie Oliver is fat

nah, he looks real bad
doesn't look like a pissed face as some are suggesting, he really looked in a bad way

Mildly Diverting

It was linked to from the Guardian's site, with a nudge-nudge, let's all have a laugh at the pissed darts player, caption.

Morrison Lard

Player's Championships live on itv4 this weekend, if anyone's arsed.

Lewis on now, Touchy Taylor up next.

Jamie Oliver is fat

I had no idea

thanks very much!

rjd2

So can Van Gerwan beat Taylor?

Mildly Diverting

More crucially, can Taylor beat RVB? This is getting interesting.

nb I'm watching on a 'live' stream, so it could have ended an hour ago. Humour me.

buntyman

Taylor proving again what a cunt he is at the end of that match. Hope MVG destroys him in the final.

Quote from: buntyman on December 30, 2012, 11:41:07 PM
Taylor proving again what a cunt he is at the end of that match. Hope MVG destroys him in the final.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

buntyman

Quote from: Ralph Cifaretto on December 31, 2012, 12:00:13 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Back in from a big night at the Ally Pally, mate?

biggytitbo

The lewis van gerwin match was amazing, as was his near back to back 9 darter. Really hope he beats Taylor. What was the aggro about at the end if his match with Barney?

Jamie Oliver is fat

Barney's been talking himself up throughout this tournament, probably on the advice of that slimey manager bloke who follows him around.

It's been unlike him and a bit unpleasant really, but I can see why someone who's struggled with the mental side of the game would suddenly take to talking himself up to try and get a performance out of himself. I think he reached the limit last night of what talking a good game can do whilst Taylor is still in the tournament, he's still simply too good for most players, even though he struggled over the line really.

It will be an interesting final though, plenty of players have looked as good as MVG on the route to a final against Taylor and then not shown up, but MVG seems to have a completely different mental strength to other players.

His pace of play, which I think is a hindrance to other Dutch players like VVDV and the rapey bloke, is slightly slower and more stable, and so I think leads to more solid performances.

He can't hit doubles for shit at the moment though, so who knows. I think Taylor will win.

I think it was just a misunderstanding between them at the end of last nights match, but every now and then you get a glimpse of the real Taylor like that, and it's not pretty.

There are some pretty unpleasant people in the PDC, James Wade seems like a real fucking prick.

That's why it's easy to root for MVG in the final, seems like a real nice chap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di6ft5GhdA0

DrGreggles

I've met both Taylor and Barney.
One of them was a great bloke and the other was a total prick.

I won't say which is which, but let's just say that I'll be rooting for van Gerwin in the final...

Flouncer

First set to Van Gerwen. Both players are looking great, scoring and finishing well. If it carries on like this it will be an amazing match.

Mildly Diverting

Game on now. Level when vG should have been 3-1 up. Taylor's raised his game massively. I'm still tipping the old man.

Mildly Diverting

Which is why I'm so poor.

Morrison Lard

Van Gerwen seems to have massively improved his doubles, but his 180ing just isn't there tonight.
If he keeps plodding along like this though I think/hope he'll win.

Mildly Diverting

This is all over...surely.

Flouncer

Looks like it, but you never know... If Van Gerwen can start pulling out the 180s like he did against Wade there's no reason why he can't take it to the deciding set - he needs to do it now, though.

Morrison Lard

Hate to say it, but Taylor looks like he's gonna win now.

I hope he tries to act with a shred of dignity if he does win.

Flouncer

Fucker. At least he didn't stick the nut on MVG.

DrGreggles

Bugger.
I was hoping for MVG to win 7-0 and celebrate right in Taylor's fat face.

biggytitbo

At the lakeside, for no other reasons than someone thought it was funny, they have a scores announcer who can't pwonounce numbers pwoperly.

Jamie Oliver is fat

i honestly thought that was a wind up when i saw it

not only does he have the most astonishing speech impediment, but he can't add up

are there some other, not so obvious, darts scorer job requirements that maybe we're missing?

Mildly Diverting

Just watched yesterday's highlights. The quality difference between the two competitions broadens to increasingly humorous levels every year. This is like the Paralympics without the disabilities.

rjd2

Captain of England Martin Adams is already out as is defending champion Kist, Bunting and O'Shea should go close but Waites really should win it this year.