Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts

Started by buntyman, November 12, 2011, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

How the fuck did Andy Fordham outlive Eric Bristow?

buntyman

Pretty distasteful obituary on the BBC website going on about his comments about sexual abuse. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/43663426

You can't whitewash those comments out of his biography. They do reveal character somewhat. The rest of the obit seems to be totally positive and purely about the darts.

A friend of mine went to an appearance by Bristow and Deller in Darlington. Deller was charming, Bristow was drunk and surly. Those nights are part of his "legacy", not just being a fantastic player, easily the best of all-time before Taylor's era.

Head Gardener

bgmnts

Van Gerwen has lost a shit tonne of weight.

He's also getting battered by James Wade.

Hmmmm.....

bgmnts

Fucking hell, Van Gerwen may end up beating Gary Anderson 6-0 here.

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on December 30, 2018, 09:49:49 PM
Fucking hell, Van Gerwen may end up beating Gary Anderson 6-0 here.

The comeback is on!

BeardFaceMan

Unless you want to become an alcoholic, never play the MvG drinking game where you take a shot every time he says 'phenomenal' during the post-match interview, to be fair.

dr beat

Me and a mate invented a short form version of the game called 'Dart' which as is heavily implied, only involves throwing one dart. We devised this as there was only ever one dart at the dartboard in the pub we drank, and we also wanted a game we could play when we were absolutely hammered.

In 'Dart' all you have to do is to hit a higher score than your opponent. If your opponent misses the board entirely (which happened quite often) you could win by simply hitting the board, even just the outside ring.

It could still catch on I reckon, could be like the T20 of darts.

bgmnts

I approve of this game called Dart.

Mike Smith bottled that double big time. Seems to moaning about Van Gerwen after the sets. Could've sworn I saw him say "he's cheating". Could easily have been "It's shit" or something but then he gestured to Van Gerwen behind him after that set, looked to be grumbling about something.

Undercurrents of drama.

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on January 01, 2019, 09:08:43 PM
Mike Smith bottled that double big time.

Serves him right for being a twat about the TOTP repeats.

BeardFaceMan

Turning into a bit of a match now.

BeardFaceMan

bgmnts

MvG just comes across as so unlikable, I don't know why.

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on January 01, 2019, 10:34:01 PM
MvG just comes across as so unlikable, I don't know why.

He seems far less cunty than Phil Taylor.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 01, 2019, 10:38:54 PM
He seems far less cunty than Phil Taylor.

Thats not difficult though. He always seemed a chill and nice guy but as MvG got more successful he started to believe his own hype and get a bit big headed. Got to have that kind of self confidence to be as successful as he has been, I know English isnt his first language but he does love to describe himself and performances as phenomenal.

monolith

Anything is better than Taylor.

Cuntbeaks

My abiding memory of Phil Taylor was one night in Glasgow when he came on to huge boos and negativity, real pantomime stuff.

First throw, he gets a 180 and the whole place erupts, cheering and clapping. He just turned and winked, to even more applause. It was magical.

DrGreggles

There was an exhibition night down my old local about 15 years ago.
Taylor ordered the whole setup to be moved from the bar to the lounge (for reasons unknown - possibly because it had a quite nice carpet) or he wouldn't play.
Once it had been moved, he then demanded a big corner table (that sat about 12) just for himself and driver/PA/whatever.
Didn't converse with anyone all night and literally stopped halfway through a game because his "time was up".
No autographs, unless you paid a fiver for a pre-signed photo.
The bloke was a complete cunt.

Anyway, my drunken friend pissed on the door handles of his flashy camper van, so every time I saw Taylor on TV after that my only thought was "I bet his darts fucking stink".

Jocky Wilson had done the same exhibition night a few weeks before and was a great bloke.
He'd been on Bullseye just before that night and mentioned that he's given up the booze and the fags.
In 4 hours in the pub he must have had about 15 pints and smoked 2 packs of tabs.
Threw 3 bulls in a row too.

Morrison Lard

Hello to the 7 CaB darts fans..
The Grand Slam of Darts is on, bit of a pisser that the BDO is longer a thing,
their only entrants are Wayne Warren (got fucking stuffed earlier) and Suzuki (plays the gobshite Price later)..

Anyhooo, it's all live on the youtube home of German tv channel Sport1-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPj_Vtw0hKnhJapQuATBUrA

Quite the oversight for Baz to let their youtube channel broadcast this with no region restrictions..

Utter Shit

I'm only a casual fan of darts but I hate Gerwyn Price so much.

Got into the darts a couple of years and quickly felt like the World Champs was part of Christmas, bit gutted that it's not going to be the same this year without crowds.

bgmnts

Yeah Gerwyn is an absolute bellend.

petril

Quote from: dr beat on December 31, 2018, 03:59:59 PM
Me and a mate invented a short form version of the game called 'Dart' which as is heavily implied, only involves throwing one dart. We devised this as there was only ever one dart at the dartboard in the pub we drank, and we also wanted a game we could play when we were absolutely hammered.

In 'Dart' all you have to do is to hit a higher score than your opponent. If your opponent misses the board entirely (which happened quite often) you could win by simply hitting the board, even just the outside ring.

It could still catch on I reckon, could be like the T20 of darts.

do you have to hit the number exactly or can you go over?

Utter Shit

QuoteIf your opponent misses the board entirely (which happened quite often) you could win by simply hitting the board, even just the outside ring.

Me and another guy finished joint top scorer for our football team once, and at the end of season awards do it was decided that the winner of the trophy would be decided via a single dart, closest to bull wins. He hit the outside ring and still won :(

amateur

Quote from: bgmnts on November 17, 2020, 11:58:59 AM
Yeah Gerwyn is an absolute bellend.

Has the appearance and personality of a tin of corned beef.

dr beat

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 17, 2020, 05:45:18 PM
Me and another guy finished joint top scorer for our football team once, and at the end of season awards do it was decided that the winner of the trophy would be decided via a single dart, closest to bull wins. He hit the outside ring and still won :(

Only a matter of time before the BDO adopt this rule.

petril

BDO will have playing cards and fairground rules before they give up the ghost

DrGreggles

MVG v Cullen was absurdly good.

Utter Shit

The standard was very good in that match but without the crowd I just cannot get interested in it. Imagine how great it would have been with fans in the building.

BeardFaceMan

The fake crowd noise works better on the darts than any other sport I've seen so far, but it is a bit odd to hear the cheering when you're looking at an empty arena. Standard has generally been very high this year, got the first 9 darter for a few years, it's almost as if most of the players prefer it with no crowd there.