Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts

Started by buntyman, November 12, 2011, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Almost a sensational bottle job from Price, the iceman aye, melting wanker.

DrGreggles

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but Price just looks Brexit, doesn't he.

DrGreggles

MVG 3 sets down to Jizzy.

DrGreggles

BeardFaceMan

I dont want Price to win this but cant really complain if he does, this is a hell of a match.

PowerButchi

I fucking hate that roid rage taff bastard. I'm going all in on Ando now.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on January 02, 2021, 07:56:54 PM
I dont want Price to win this but cant really complain if he does, this is a hell of a match.
Yeah, that was a corker.
This second match is a bit wank, decent standard but not a patch on the previous one entertainment-wise.

I think Price will win tomorrow too :-(

DrGreggles

Quote from: Morrison Lard on January 02, 2021, 09:22:02 PM
I think Price will win tomorrow too :-(

Ditto, but he seems to get rattled easily when his opponents suddenly up their game, as Bunting and Gurney showed - albeit only in short bursts.
Anderson is a bit more steady, and I'm not sure steady will be enough to win.
Hope I'm wrong though.

Utter Shit

Quote from: PowerButchi on January 02, 2021, 08:26:02 PM
I fucking hate that roid rage taff bastard. I'm going all in on Ando now.

More or less exactly my opinion. I fucking hate Price so much. I hate even the idea of him. Imagine being the bad boy of fucking darts.

amateur

I like Gerwyn Price because he looks like a tin of corned beef.

BeardFaceMan

I bet £1.23 on Anderson to win this so I have a potential return of two shiny pounds and fifty eight sweet pence coming my way. Ker-ching!

Morrison Lard

Anderson needs to find a bit more here, then sustain it while Price has a wobble.
Just can't see that happening.

Bunting and Gurney threw the lot at Price but the twat held fast.

BeardFaceMan

Yeah fair play to the cunt, the way hes gone from complete amateur to world number 1 and world champ if he wins this is quite something, in something like 6 years too? He's calmed his antics down a bit compared to how he was but he's still a prick. He's looking like he's going to win this.

And it helps he's playing someone who doesn't have an ounce of professionalism in his body, if Anderson actually dedicated himself for a bit he'd go on a fucking rampage and win everything.

Enzo

It'll be a cocktail of steroids later, deserved.

sevendaughters

Watched 10 minutes of Price playing vintage darts while Anderson looked like his dad trying to keep up. Anderson annoyed me with his sad dig at Mardle. You've got to explore the strategic space in sports, you can't just play quick because it suits some guy who is very good.

BeardFaceMan

There's an argument that players like Mensur or Mardle needed to use those tactics because their game isn't that good, if they were to stand toe-to-toe they would lose more often than not so they have to resort to that sort of thing, they can't play the way Anderson wants and still compete. Especially Mardle, he said himself the reason he stopped playing was the explosion of non-tv events and he couldn't hack not playing in front of crowd. All he had was antics and mind games, look at his ridiculous pantomiming when he was throwing 180s against Taylor when he beat him in the World Championships (and the fact that the best caption they can come up with for Mardle when he's commentating is 'world championship semi-finalist' tells you how much you should be listening to his opinion, he never won a fucking thing). That's why it's annoying when Price does it because he's a genuinely good player, he doesn't need to do it, so his behaviour does come off as a bit more unpleasant. And of course he keeps winning while doing it, which is pissing people off more, I'm sure it wouldn't be mentioned as much if he wasn't winning.

And for fucks sake Ando, if people slowing down the game and shouting and screaming annoys you, why the fuck would you mention it so much? Of course they're going to do it against you, you muppet.

sevendaughters

I'm sure your Suljovic and Ebdon types would admit that, ultimately. I just love when people come along who play the opposite of how people think the sport should be done. Stops it becoming a weird procession.

BeardFaceMan

It's not like Price isn't doing anything Van Gerwyn has been doing for years anyway.

BeardFaceMan

Now this could get interesting...

BeardFaceMan

Or maybe not. Fucking hell Gary, how many chances do you need?

Utter Shit

Crazy match. Fair play to Price I suppose.

amateur

Enjoyed the showmanship of Price walking down to the trophy before coming back to win the match. Will look great in a montage for years to come, lack of crowd skillfully edited out.

DrGreggles

bgmnts

BeardFaceMan

Nice to see Aspinall laugh and give the fist bump too, the older players would have thrown a strop and started complaining about playing exhibition darts and being disrespectful.

amateur

Fans back is very tasty. Might see about the worlds now.

bgmnts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/57856227

Fordham lasting that long at that size was quite an accomplishment!

BeardFaceMan

Ah that's a shame, he was a lovely chap and a great player in his pomp, pity he couldn't get his health under control.