Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts

Started by buntyman, November 12, 2011, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie Oliver is fat

The quality is fucking abysmal

Waites and O'Shea should get their arses to the PDC pronto

I much prefer the vibe at Lakeside but, ya know, what can you do

The PDC Stella swilling shitehawks are here to stay and are creating the atmosphere and revenue which boosts interest and sponsorship which keeps Sky involved which further boosts revenues......

Rolf Lundgren

Not bothered about the difference in quality between the two. More interested in how entertaining it is rather than the technical ability.

Plus the BDO have the player with the best nickname in darts, Jan Dekker aka Mr Coat.

Utter Shit

Jimmy Hendricks throws like his arm is wonky.

George Oscar Bluth II

The BBC scoreboard probably shouldn't draw attention to how many darts have been thrown in a leg. There's a woman on now who'd thrown 9 darts and was on 422. Ouch.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on January 07, 2013, 06:56:14 PM
Not bothered about the difference in quality between the two. More interested in how entertaining it is rather than the technical ability.

It's not entertaining either

rjd2

Quote from: Jamie Oliver is fat on January 07, 2013, 04:02:20 PM
The quality is fucking abysmal

Waites and O'Shea should get their arses to the PDC pronto

Waites has been wooed quite a bit over the years especially after he did really well in the Grand Slam a few years ago when he got to the final, but he doesn't seem to interested, its quite odd because he works full time as a joiner, and a PDC move would mean more money and he could jack in his current job but he doesn't seem that interested. Really odd. I think defending champions have to defend their title as well so if he wins this year then he will have to come back next year.

Rolf Lundgren

Waites is well on course to win this.

Meanwhile Bobby George is wearing a light pink suit jacket.

Detective John Kimble

I've actually quite enjoyed watching the tournament so far, and was looking forward to this final...shame it's a bit of a massacre so far.  O'Shea just won the sixth set going into the break though, so who knows?  I remember the insane final here a few years ago when Martin Adams won the first six sets against Phil Nixon and the match ended up going to the last set.   

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I've had a few friends attend PDC events at big venues and can report unanimously that it was a shit atmosphere, shit view and surrounded by people who probably can't get into football matches because of court orders. But this is second-hand anecdotal evidence, so make of it what you will.

Jamie Oliver is fat

I will never attend a PDC event because the crowd are appalling cunts

But it makes for good TV

castro diaz

Anyone watch the PDC Premier League Final last week then?  I only just watched it last night, due to living in the past.  MVG played some fantastic darts, and the fact that he is a likeable guy with an absurd accent and has a head like a bowling ball only helps.  I know Taylor is fairly unpopular (for a champion, or perhaps because of that fact), and I don't know the details of his various spats over the years, but something about his neck/shoulder structure makes him look like an arrogant cartoon turtle and it winds me right up.  Has the standard always been this high?  You pretty much have to be hitting 11/12 dart legs to stand a chance, and there's been talking of even changing the board to compensate for this.  I think they should just get pissed again and be forced to throw whilst holding a cigarette and a box of matches.

I was at Ally Pally over Christmas and know what people mean about the crowd.  While it was pretty fun as an experience, I couldn't see much, half the people had their backs to the action, boorishly singing at each other as if they were rival football fans and it all carried the atmosphere of FHM.  Still, it was quite funny.  A bit like being on a stag do with 5000 other people, in the most pissed pub in all of London.  The drinks were expensive though, and the security was on it, so couldn't take that much in with us.

Think I'd try Lakeside next.  The drop in standard doesn't really bother me, as close matches can be exciting regardless of the 3 dart average.  Anyone been?  And is anything on the horizon in the darts world? 

If we've got any players with boards I'd be happy to organise some kind of CaB darts tournament with prizes and dancing women and all that.  Baggsy Leighton Rees.

Morrison Lard

In a few months I'll be having dinner with Mighty Mike and Eric Bristow!!

MVG has been outstanding this past year and half. The guy is a hell of a talent, and only 24 to boot!

Not done Lakeside yet, but the Grand Slam in Wolverhampton is a good one,
much more cosy than the World's and cheaper booze too, but it is in Wolverhampton.

Me mate's got a darts open competition in Nottnum in a couple of months,
the standard is far too good for me to even consider it.
Andy the Hammer Hamilton got knocked out first round two years ago, and he made it to the bloody Prem League last year!

He did drew another pro, Colin Osbourne, though which was extremely unlucky considering there
were only 3 PDC pros there.

Regardless of playing, it's a great day-out just to spectate, drink heavily and hang about with proper blokes.

Edit : Check out the PDC Calendar for all the upcoming events.
A week on Thursday is the start of the Bolton Open, which will be on sky/internet streams.

castro diaz

I will spend my evening in work trying to think of dart/cuisine puns you can use to impress those around you.  Although be aware the last time I did was a year ago when a mate was cooking a meal for Sigourney Weaver in a local zoo and the best I could come up with was Steak and Alien pie, or Tortillas in the Mist.  So don't expect too much.  What's the meal in aid of, then?

I've never played British pub league so no idea what the standard is like, although I imagine it's quite high.  Would you be likely to see 180s (I'm obsessed.  Just had a go but it's too windy and only got over a ton once) or 12 darters?  There was a local tournament last week with a €500 top prize but it was in some Senegalese bar 30 miles away and I had a hangover right behind the eyes.

Got a board, then?

Morrison Lard

Quote from: castro diaz on May 28, 2013, 04:43:21 PM
Got a board, then?
Yeah, but I rarely play.
4 of us used to have a dedicated night of darts/curry/booze every Thursday for years.
One of the fellas moved to Devon though and we just sort of stopped doing it.

The MVG/fodder is part of some evening that my mate's paid me in for.
We get to have a booze and a vol-au-vent with the "stars", then a table right up near the oche
to watch a knockout tournament of 8 PDC players. Can't wait!

Jamie Oliver is fat

Quote from: castro diaz on May 28, 2013, 03:12:42 PM
Has the standard always been this high?

PDC has bigger trebles

castro diaz

Quote from: Morrison Lard on May 28, 2013, 05:02:51 PM
Yeah, but I rarely play.
4 of us used to have a dedicated night of darts/curry/booze every Thursday for years.
One of the fellas moved to Devon though and we just sort of stopped doing it.

The MVG/fodder is part of some evening that my mate's paid me in for.
We get to have a booze and a vol-au-vent with the "stars", then a table right up near the oche
to watch a knockout tournament of 8 PDC players. Can't wait!

The Crafty Cockney (named after a pub in LA, fact fans) recovered from his dartitis, then?  The mental aspect to the game is something I've just started appreciating.  Takes actual effort not to drift away mid game and start thinking about Serena Williams' thighs and flags of the world and that.  Sounds like it'll be quite a night, anyway.  Make sure you order the gn-oche pasta hahahasorry.

Quote from: Jamie Oliver is fat on May 28, 2013, 06:27:13 PM
PDC has bigger trebles

Really?  That's mental.  Doesn't that skew the 'BDO is shit' debate a little?  Although maybe they have to compensate for a thousand drunken twats behind them chanting In-Ger-Lund and that song and getting beer spittle all down their mouths.  Whilst I'm asking naive questions, how come Wolfie has stayed on in the BDO?  Loyalty, the fact that he likes getting to finals, the chance to captain his country?

I've just seen the Anastasia throw for the first time.  She looks the type to put you in a grateful headlock.  Cor!

Jamie Oliver is fat

Undoubtedly the PDC has the best players, but the higher averages are in a large part thanks to the boards.

I bought an Eclipse Pro at Christmas, and there is a significant difference.

Morrison Lard

Starting tonight at 18:45, the PDC Coral Masters is on itv4 this weekend.

Pre-tournament odds-
6/4 Phil Taylor
11/4 Michael van Gerwen
8/1 Adrian Lewis
12/1 James Wade
14/1 Simon Whitlock
18/1 Raymond van Barneveld
20/1 Dave Chisnall
25/1 Kim Huybrechts

Famous Mortimer

I saw a man in a ridiculous wig get into a ruckus with security last night (most sports just wouldn't show that) and then some rather blah game. Come on Whitlock! (I know very little about any of them, I just go by beards).

castro diaz

How was the action last night?  Is it on today? 

Had a tournament in the house last night.  I had even ordered a second hand trophy off of the internet.  It hurt handing that over to my mate.  He gets to keep it for a week, too.

Then, in a worrying sign of an addictive personality, we went out for a few beers and had a game on the electronic boards that most bars seem to have here.  A bit like when Homer gets thrown out of the all you can eat seafood buffet and, because he's still hungry and everywhere is closed, takes his wife fishing.  The electronic dartboards do my box in.  It is unnatural and reflects terribly on their culture as a whole.  Good sound effects though.  Beep beep!  I was talking bollocks to the owner and he brought out a blow pipe to fire off the plastic darts.  Amazing how accurate and fast the darts went in.  Proper good fun.

Got a table for Ally Pally at Christmas.  It's going to be awful, isn't it?

Morrison Lard

Quote from: castro diaz on November 02, 2013, 12:42:23 PM
Is it on today? 
There is live darts on right now on itv4!

Meant to post a heads-up on Friday here, the Players Championships has been on itv4 all weekend,
for those who missed it thus far - you didn't miss a lot,
highlight being a heavyweight epic between MVG and Lewis last night.

Phil Taylor v Barney is on at 4ish, then the semis and final tonight.

Jamie Oliver is fat

they sit so far away at this tournament

i mean, i know you can probably barely see the action at any venue, but the crowd are miles from the stage here

remarkably well behaved though, the world championships will be the usual boorish crap no doubt

this was the jesus tournament wasn't it
http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Jesus-lookalike-darts-fan-ejected-distracting/story-17574625-detail/story.html#axzz2mEaQvGvB

Morrison Lard

Buggering Christ! This is fantastic!

Come on MVG!!

Cleaners From Venus

BDO world darts is a bit like watching yourself and your mates playing in your local. Apart from that bloke from Bullseye saying "That was clinical darts" when you've hit a double at your eight attempt.

Morrison Lard

Pip Touchy v that mad-headed Dutchman in the World Matchplay final in a mo!

biggytitbo

Button your shirt up Phil.

Cleaners From Venus

Big Phil generously acknowledging MVG's 180 whilst 8 legs up. To be fair, it has been a massacre.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Quote from: Cleaners From Venus on July 27, 2014, 08:18:34 PM
Big Phil generously acknowledging MVG's 180 whilst 8 legs up. To be fair, it has been a massacre.

Can you imagine MVG going for a fist pump mid leg with Taylor if Taylor was losing 18-6?

LOL

would go down about as well as when someone asks HIM to sign the board after he's been beaten

Jamie Oliver is fat

OH GOOD KIDS, THEY ALWAYS IMPROVE EVERY SITUATION

rjd2

Ah boo, sad for Bunting, how can you not love that face?

Semi finals known

Barney v Taylor

MVG v Anderson

Anybody else watching?