Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:54:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts

Started by buntyman, November 12, 2011, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indomitable Spirit

Fantastic game and fantastic promo afterwards from Barney putting over the young lad and reducing him to tears. Basically the end of Rocky IV but with a pair of fat lads. Beautiful

biggytitbo

It's a shame Bunting is out because his face is so funny. It's actually so funny when he throws it gets a bit exhausting.

Still that semi final lineup is superb. Hopefully Barney can win his semi against Phil 'convicted of sexual assault yet everyone had conveniently forgotten about that' Taylor.

Always a special treat when Taylor loses just to see his face. 

Anderson vs Van Gerwen is the one though. That is going to be epic.

doppelkorn

I've only come in here to ask if that "I wanna play darts with somebody" song has been discussed on here yet.

It's like something I'd make up and sing to annoy the Mrs.

...with somebody who loves DARTS.

DrGreggles

MVG v Barney final please!

That shitcunt Taylor will no doubt ruin it by winning though.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: rjd2 on January 02, 2015, 11:11:09 PM
Anybody else watching?
Always.
Been a great tournament, no surprises in the final four.
That Spanish prelim-qualifier, Reyes, was good, hope he gets up the pdc rankings, same for Keegan Brown.

Anyone but that sarcastic wanker Taylor to win it please.

There was an advert just on for the BDO finals which starts this afnoon,
gonna be one heck of a comedown watching that.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Morrison Lard on January 03, 2015, 12:27:02 PM
There was an advert just on for the BDO finals which starts this afnoon,
gonna be one heck of a comedown watching that.

It's like switching from a high powered Android smart phone to an Amstrad em@iler.

Bobby Treetops

The BDO really is a pile of shit isn't it, with anyone half decent soon moving over to the PDC tour. Just as long as Martin 'Wolfie' Adams doesn't win, a man I seem to have an irrational hatred of.

One of the many surprising things I found in Japan, when I visited this year was the popularity of darts among young people. Loads of bars seem to have dart boards but being typically Japanese they produced load music and flashing lights when ever you hit the board, and I didn't know what the fuck was going on when I had a go.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Bobby Treetops on January 03, 2015, 01:48:50 PM
they produced load music and flashing lights when ever you hit the board
That'll be soft-tip darts

It's massive in a lot of countries in Europe and pretty big in the USA.
It's a lot easier than your regular darts, but I don't know anyone who prefers it.

I also share your dislike of Wolfie, his contempt for the superior standard of the PDC really irks me.
That coward never takes up on the invitation to the Grand Slam either.

rjd2

The BDO darts is poor but ultimately it is amateur darts so it gets to much criticism,and the PDC does need it as it  produces so many good players. The games when we get to the quarters and semis aren't to bad to be fair either. Scott Waites should have moved over a few years ago when he was in serious form, definitely missed the boat now though.

I'd take the BDO crowd over the PDC crowd also, as they actually focus on the darts unlike the PDC brigade who are annoying as fuck.

biggytitbo

I don't understand why the BDO even exists. Is it literally just to give the less talented dart players somewhere to play?

Morrison Lard

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2015, 02:07:32 PM
I don't understand why the BDO even exists. Is it literally just to give the less talented dart players somewhere to play?
Pretty much.

The PDC are putting on shitloads more events at [nb]*shudder, cos I hate this phrase*[/nb] grass-roots level,
and younger/newer players aren't having to spend loads of time in the BDO anymore.

biggytitbo

The BBC ought to put the BDO out of its misery so we can get more PDC events on normal telly.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Quote from: rjd2 on January 02, 2015, 11:11:09 PM
Anybody else watching?

Aye

Felt for VVdV last night, he really had Taylor on the ropes and then had a crisis of confidence right at a crucial point. I think he lost belief in himself after that, and so a sub par Taylor marches on.

Barney just does not have the measure of Taylor, and I can see him capitulating tonight.

I can't fucking stand MvG, all his little Tyrannosaurus Rex tiny arm punching and aggressive faces I find really unpleasant to watch. I've always admired Anderson and would love to see him win it, either him or Barney, truly seem like the nice guys of the sport.

Shame about Bunting, seems like another one of the good guys. He just met Barney in unbelievable form. But I think Barney has blown all his emotional energy now, crucial for his game.

I think Bunting would've taught Taylor a lesson, and might have forced HIM to sign the board after the match finished.

Post-christmas crowd seems more darts orientated than the pre-christmas office party cunts. There's some suggestion that Sky have been muting their utterly tedious LAD BANTZ this year.

Interesting blog post;

https://cornishtalks.wordpress.com/2014/12/22/the-pdc-have-created-a-monster-they-are-now-slaves-to-it/

The BDO is just depressing. The glitz and glamour of the PDC and Christmas is over, everyone's back to work, and Colin Murray is trying to polish a steaming diarreah turd.

rjd2

Barney is definitely one of the good guys, know people who met him and he was a gent, they also met Wade and he was an arse, but that is no surprise.

Anybody see this the other day?

Morrison Lard

Frigging heck, the standard in this first semi is outstanding.

rjd2

its been excellent as expected.Important that Anderson has a little cushion, always a chance MVG goes into God mode for a bit and he is untouchable then.

Morrison Lard

This is amazing stuff.
All it needs is a 9 darter,
and both players look capable tonight.

biggytitbo

Quality is absolutely stellar. I like Van Gerwen but I would love to see Anderson win it. One of the games biggest talents but plagued by mental fragility. Thankfully he seems to have shook off his poor doubles and looks like a really top player these days.

Having said that, he really messed that leg up and 3-3 is a lot different to 4-2. Might be too early to say he's blown it though.

Morrison Lard

I don't think the averages have dipped below 100 for either player since the first leg.

Finishing has been mightily impressive too

biggytitbo

After watching some BDO earlier this is just light years ahead in every way.

Superb from Anderson to nick that set.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2015, 08:29:55 PM
Superb from Anderson to nick that set.
Brilliant, considering the bounce-out he had too.

Can't see the other semi or the final being a patch on this,
match of the tournament for me.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Ad break after every set in the latter stages it seems!

When you think how the BBC televise sport (though not much these days admittedly) funded on a tiny percent of the license fee alone, and then consider how Sky take 50-60 minimum PER MONTH from their customers......and yet they still need constant adverts to make the sums add up

biggytitbo

Great stuff from Anderson, throughly deserved. His big scoring just put Van Gerwen under too much pressure and he wilted. And he backed it up with rock solid doubles too.

Anderson now favourite?

Morrison Lard

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2015, 08:57:41 PM
Anderson now favourite?
Has he got owt left after this match though?

That was brilliant.

biggytitbo

I'd say Phil and Barney have had a more exhausting time of it, and they're older of course.

Morrison Lard

Barney's doing alright here,
if it stays close I think Taylor will nab it though

Gulftastic

Taylor's moved up a couple of gears.

biggytitbo

I'm going with Anderson tonight. His scoring will keep him in contention and if he keeps hitting his doubles so reliably he can take Taylor I think, who has looked wobbly in both senses in some of his matches.

monolith

Taylor's going to fucking win again isn't he, the cunt.

I will love it if Anderson beats him. Love it.