Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:47:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mario Is Murder

Started by jutl, November 15, 2011, 09:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jutl

PETA have censured Nintendo because they seem to think that the Tanooki costume from Super Mario Bros 3 and the upcoming Super Mario 3D Land is supposed represent a skinned racoon dog, as opposed to being the artificial costume that I'd always assumed it was. I suppose this means that the Bee Suit from Galaxy 1/2 is actually a skinned bee and the success of those games is the true reason behind the mysterious Colony Collapse Disorder

MojoJojo

You can skin and wear animals in WoW can't you? And pretty sure some other fantasy RPGs must let you do that too.

Although I guess since you're invariably playing a mass murderer in those games, maybe they think it's not worth protesting.

jutl

I set fire to a wolf then beat it to death in Skyrim last night.

mook

i got drunk and went on an armadillo killing spree in red dead redemption that lasted days. i also used to dynamite the buffalo, such fun, but that was only when i wasn't shooting the shit out of songbirds, coyotes, rabbits, wolves, bigfeet (i made those fuckers extinct) and of course lassoing nuns and leaving them on train tracks.

Brent Cockman

When playing Zelda: Link's Awakening, I couldn't help but feel I was participating in the unethical infiltration of the Wind Fish's dreams, much like big business did in Inception. For that reason I stopped playing the game.

Utter Shit

One of the first things I did in Red Dead Redemption was shoot a cow. It wasn't even pissing me off, just fancied shooting a cow.

Barberism

Would PETA be so noble and idealistic if someone close to them was kidnapped by a giant mutant dinosaur and his army of evil tortoises and sentient mushrooms?

Brent Cockman

Surely even PETA would admit that my preferred method of execution for every species in Red Dead Redemption - hogtying them on traintracks then skinning the dead body that the next timely locomotive created - transcends virtual cruelty in to sheer coolness?

I'm curious to know if their attitude also extends to the braindead denizens of Hell that are in games like Doom.

HappyTree

I once cheeked a giant wasp in Fable.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I once fucked a cow.

Not in a game or owt, just saying.

EFB

I once gave a wasp incorrect directions to the library.

alan nagsworth

i fucking hate animal rights protesters. not a bloody clue.

in turok 2 i remember that one level where you got to ride around on a friendly triceratops, i used to go up with the infinite ammo cheat on and just leather the shit out of that triceratops. i mean, it never died, but it was still programmed as a creature so it spurted out endless blood when you shot it. never really bothered with much else in the game.

i always wondered why that one dinosaur was friendly and that no one else questioned it. so i exploited what i considered to be a loophole, and an obligatory one at that.

Space ghost

You can stab up some attack hyenas in modern warfare 3 whilst shooting dogs.

phantom_power

I killed the shit out of some insects in Pssssssssst!

Spiteface

Didn't PETA once try to get Suede to change their name to "Velour", or am I confusing them with other animal right nutjobs?

Famous Mortimer

Sounds like one of the stories put out by people trying to discredit PETA (although they have said some odd-ish things down the years).