Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:40:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weaseldust

i think you do need to watch the oscar specials or other things won't make sense. it sounds crazy but there are even bits in decker that link back to oscar (DVD and the whole three stooges thing) and it really gives you a proper introduction to mark. plus they are hilarious.

re: current series, episode two - did anyone else notice the background noises in gregg's segment? jesus christ!

newbridge

Quote from: thraxx on April 02, 2018, 11:10:48 AM
Some of them are not quite as long as they look as there are sections where they have a transmission card.

True, although the inane trivia during those parts is frequently as funny as the show itself.

momatt

"Cunt Eastwood"

Best line of the series so far.  This shall be his name from now on.

Yussef Dent

"Why would you need to wash your hands if you have no germs?"

spamwangler

sevendaughters

watched the vr episode three times, just keeping the camera on each person (the Best Buy guy never flinches, it's great), unreal stuff

thraxx

So glad ive got to catch up Chart Music and Sopranos rewatch to stop me delving in on this so early.

H Scorn

White 'N' Word.... This... is a beret... it's not a hat.

I'm looking forward to Gregg's next piece of head wear, a The Cobbler skull cap?

trabuch

Quote from: weaseldust on April 13, 2018, 04:16:19 AM
it's on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9HXh5ZYkn4

in vr

Thank you. I had tried it on Adultswim but it was just some guy with a VR headset on looking around. So glad Gregg has pointed out the Hitler thing.

spamwangler

momatt

sevendaughters

Enrico Palazzo

Enjoyed Tim's pronunication of Chappaquiddick.

Danger Man

Quote from: momatt on April 17, 2018, 11:13:52 AM
Looks like I need to buy a VR headset!

I just watched this a second time on my phone. Bloody hell....it really is a VR episode.

This huge jump in technology more than makes up having to watch 'Tim goes on a health kick but it ends up making him ill' again.

spamwangler

works quite well minus the vr headset, the weird bendy 360 cameara world

Noodle Lizard

In VR, it's fun to see how many of Gregg's reaction close-ups are out of sync with the rest of the show (turn to watch Tim during).  You can also catch Gregg corpsing once or twice as well.

Other than that, do we really need another "Tim gets sick from alternative healthcare" story?

spamwangler

yea agree with noodles, - waiting for something to happen in this series

Noodle Lizard

I don't even necessarily need something big to happen, it's just a bit repetitive watching Gregg try to talk about some movie or other whilst trying to ignore Tim being audibly/visibly distressed by some malady. 

We're in season 10 and I think that kind of storyline has dominated four of them.  Early on it was a funny recurring theme, but there's only so much you can do with it, really - especially when they've all been the result of alternative medicine except the bloodclots (which led him to alternative medicine in the first place).  It just feels redundant now.

Bazooka

The laughs from me are certainly starting to lessen.

sevendaughters

still paying out for me. think some of the recent episodes could just be a little shorter. i like it when the story beats are little things (except when needed to be longer) and there's still a funny substance-free review. it's always been repetitive, they're two mentally landlocked bozos, feels like a strange complaint.

hermitical

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 25, 2018, 01:18:41 PMthey're two mentally landlocked bozos, feels like a strange complaint.

yep, this for me

Captain Z

Unfortunate coincidence how the DKR subplot from the Our Cinema Oscar special pre-empted what seems to have happened to Avicii.

Yussef Dent

New one up... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGgGA3XCFLY

Gregg's segment updating us about the VAR is in VR as well, all I can say is when that begins, turn around 180 degrees.

McChesney Duntz

New episode just went up - watch carefully; a real WTF moment in there near the end:

https://youtu.be/OGgGA3XCFLY

Edit: DAMMIT, YUSSEF!

Danger Man

Quote from: Yussef Dent on April 27, 2018, 12:52:35 AM
New one up... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGgGA3XCFLY

Gregg's segment updating us about the VAR is in VR as well, all I can say is when that begins, turn around 180 degrees.

WOW

trabuch

Tim seems completely broken - so sad to see. But I'm sure he'll be back, like the true movie hero he is.

I'm going to have to worry about myself if I ever get bored by these.

Youtube took me into oscar fever from the 3rd annual Oscar special.. It just doesn't get old.