Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikwid

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on May 28, 2018, 02:22:38 AM
The entire series was worth it for the two-second shot of Gregg scampering off in fear at the first sign of trouble. Gregg (the real Gregg) is a great physical comedian.
I've seen a few eagle eyed #GreggHeads point out that throughout much of the series' run, Gregg never moves his head seperately from his entire upper torso. Does the real Turkington have a stiff neck too, or is this just an incredibly subtle and extremely dedicated piece of character acting?

chveik

It was really hilarious to see all the popcorn classics that Gregg had prepared. As for the next series, I hope we can have some new Marc Proksch archives.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Tikwid on May 28, 2018, 05:08:54 AM
I've seen a few eagle eyed #GreggHeads point out that throughout much of the series' run, Gregg never moves his head seperately from his entire upper torso. Does the real Turkington have a stiff neck too, or is this just an incredibly subtle and extremely dedicated piece of character acting?

I think that's just him.  But I agree that it adds to the comedy of the performance.  It tends to accompany a rather smug look, or that kind of winking snarl he'll often do when he's got a real hot take on something.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: chveik on May 28, 2018, 11:45:42 AM
It was really hilarious to see all the popcorn classics that Gregg had prepared. As for the next series, I hope we can have some new Marc Proksch archives.

The Markives segment was tragically underrepresented.

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on May 27, 2018, 03:36:28 PM
I guess they don't want to milk it, but I could've happily seen a few more episodes with Tim constrained by circumstances and his increasing frustration at Gregg gradually exerting more control over the format. It's a shame there was no time left for more of a slow burn.

I absolutely could have taken more of Tim rankling under the format and trying to keep kayfabe, BUT Gregg's new Popcorn Classic format of just giving the running time was making me 100% identify with Tim. So safer all round* to knock it on the head.

*wherein "all" = "my personal mental satisfaction" obv

Depressed Beyond Tables

Loved Tim's energy at the start of this one. He got the memo.

Actually, all the way through.

Ian Benson

Don't know if this is old news but Tim's in Ant-Man And The Wasp.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Ian Benson on June 04, 2018, 10:17:30 AM
Don't know if this is old news but Tim's in Ant-Man And The Wasp.

Oof, that's gonna hurt Gregg.

I hoped to make it to the live show last night, but got off a plane too late. Anyone here in America and seen the current tour?

McChesney Duntz

sevendaughters

a Twitter friend went, apparently Gregg does a lecture called "Oh, Good!" about, well, you guessed it.

Chollis

argghhh i've binged about 3 seasons this weekend and i can't get Tim's fucking Oscar song out of my head

Hecate

Which version?
All renditions are relevant, and the journey between them, at least soul growth-wise, maybe even moreso.

You into the early brittle, emo stuff or are you digging the fully made-up and transitioned, spandex-leg kicking peacock "Dekkar" iteration?

(offers gum)

Chollis

It's the marching band one from the 3rd, basically on a constant loop in my head for the last 72 hours. I'm about mid way through S7 now so Dekkar is still a new venture, but I'm really looking forward to any new renditions.

I rarely lol! at On Cinema, usually just sustained smirking and the odd chuckle but I cracked up when Tim brings out the champagne and assures everyone he won't be getting trashed again because it's organic. Within the first 15 minutes technical difficulties and screaming at the crew have driven him to knocking back the booze. Will never get old.

garbed_attic

Thread threw the whole thread and as far as I could see there was no discussion of the 5th Oscar Special, which I believe came out before Season X?

Mark asphyxiating in the diving suit has been the only part of the series that I've found viscerally upsetting so far!

chveik

Quote from: gout_pony on August 02, 2018, 12:13:44 AM
Thread threw the whole thread and as far as I could see there was no discussion of the 5th Oscar Special, which I believe came out before Season X?

There is a dedicated thread for the special.

Chollis

When does this come back then?

Need more thrills and spills, and some chills, back in my life

Just remembered I haven't watched the lastest 2 and a half seasons of Decker, couldn't find them anywhere

wooders1978

Had me chuckling from the very first line - glorious

thraxx

Quote from: wooders1978 on August 16, 2018, 12:45:47 PM
Had me chuckling from the very first line - glorious

I love completely misguided wordly and knowing tone that Greg takes.  It's come across beautifully there.

hermitical

There is a new star in the sky, a new angel in heaven

QDRPHNC

Thanks! Glad I saw this in time to watch live.

Am considering driving to either Milwaukee or Durham, NC to see them in person...

Was the Fundraising Telethon prerecorded or actually improvised? Haven't listened to all of it yet but you can skip around to anywhere in the two hours and it's hilarious.

garbed_attic

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on January 26, 2019, 05:50:58 PM
Was the Fundraising Telethon prerecorded or actually improvised? Haven't listened to all of it yet but you can skip around to anywhere in the two hours and it's hilarious.

Definitely not pre-recorded as they were responding to all the live Youtube comments

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on January 26, 2019, 05:50:58 PM

Not pre-recorded, Gregg reviewed one of the movies I requested.

The Lion King

Rewatching for the millionth time. The unofficial 'Hobbit' music from the Oscar specials never fails to crack me up

QDRPHNC

I have got my tickets for the Nashville show in May. Very excited. I've been researching the trial - it deserves its own thread, really, it's one of the most remarkably well done pieces of comedy I've ever seen. The only downside is that going into into it cold, without the previous 9 seasons of build up, dulls much of its subtlety.