Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:26:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikwid

Quote from: The Lion King on February 06, 2019, 11:16:33 PM
Rewatching for the millionth time. The unofficial 'Hobbit' music from the Oscar specials never fails to crack me up
IF HE CAN'T SEE WHERE HE IS, THEN HE CAN'T TALK ABOUT WHERE HE IS

famethrowa

When Gregg hands over a copy of the Silmarillion and Tim says "hey, how do you like that?" in such an empty-headed way, more comedy gold.

Chollis

It's Chriiiiiistmas in tinsel town, the Academy Awards!

https://youtu.be/aHebKoIFRKE?t=320

The stills of Billy Crystal and Gregg struggling to keep a straight face, just perfect

famethrowa

Quote from: Chollis on February 07, 2019, 02:08:15 AM
It's Chriiiiiistmas in tinsel town, the Academy Awards!

https://youtu.be/aHebKoIFRKE?t=320

The stills of Billy Crystal and Gregg struggling to keep a straight face, just perfect

That hobbit pipe....

chveik

fucking hell I've just realised that I won't be able to see the next Oscar specials live :(

Captain Z

For anyone who has subscribed to the patreon: Do you still get access to all the existing and future 'Road to Oscar' podcasts if you just do a one-off subscription? Or do you need a monthly subscription to keep getting the links?

Twed

garbed_attic

Quote from: Captain Z on February 10, 2019, 03:34:36 PM
For anyone who has subscribed to the patreon: Do you still get access to all the existing and future 'Road to Oscar' podcasts if you just do a one-off subscription? Or do you need a monthly subscription to keep getting the links?

I subscribed for February and only got a link to *that* month's... which is fair enough though I was hoping for all of 'em really!

Chollis

Are they doing anymore On Cinema? I miss it dearly

Only just got round to finishing Decker, superb. I could watch Gregg cracking codes as Agent Kington all day. And Decker's constant reference to President Davidson "kowtowing to special interest groups"

Howj Begg

Wow. Many thanks to Delgado Media Holdings, who as always, will guarantee us a great show!

Professional reviews, expertise, suits, and specially curated advertising.

I have confidence that there will be no murders, deaths, gastric illnesses, or stepped on segments - as always!

Chollis

Fantastic. Looking forward to some thrills, spills and hopefully a few chills too.

QDRPHNC

Rewatching season 10 recently, I love not only the process of Gregg cementing his power over Tim, but also how quickly he reveals himself as being equally useless - it only takes him three episodes to go from two Popcorn Classics, to four Popcorn Classics, to "many" Popcorn Classics.

Captain Z

I was just going to say, look how many popcorn classics he's holding there. And not one of them is less than a five bagger. Hopefully a taste of what's to come.

QuoteREAL AND ONLY HOST OF OCOS‏ @timheidecker  23m23 minutes ago
@TheAcademy there is a small chance I am available to host Oscars on next Sunday. Call me if that works. I may be unavailable as I will likely be back hosting on Cinema Oscar Special itself.

This gives me an idea: would in-character Tim and Gregg hosting the actual Oscars be the greatest moment of all time? Perhaps if I was a billionaire and could purchase Oscar.

imitationleather

This year has been such utter dog toilet for films that I don't even mind they probably won't be keeping me abreast of the real results! Huzzah!

garbed_attic

So, Tim and Gregg are doing their own rival shows at the same time...? Two monitors needed I guess!

hedgehog90

2 trainwrecks for the price of one.
I hope this is good, I look forward to On Cinema Oscar Specials more than... well, anything.

garbed_attic

AAH! Fake News! Now:

QuoteREAL AND ONLY HOST OF OCOS
@timheidecker
7h7 hours ago
Unfortunately we will be postponing this until further notice.

Quote@timheidecker
3h3 hours ago
Best of luck to @greggturkington and @OnCinemaRafael tomorrow night. I tried like hell to make this right but a fighter has to know when to stay down.

Puce Moment

Looking forward to it. The 2017 Oscar Special really made sure that we do not know what the fuck to expect.

Mark Proksh?

iamcoop

QDRPHNC

FsF

"The Living Oscer" left me with my mouth agape. Incredible.

Howj Begg

Yes. The Living Oscar is another shocking Gregg setpiece to add to VHS dominoes.