Author Topic: Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast  (Read 192113 times)

Chollis

• Master of Codes
Re: Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast
« Reply #2220 on: November 29, 2019, 12:36:29 PM »
How did everyone watch Mister America? Can't find it

« Reply #2221 on: December 05, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »

Tim: *fiddling about with shotgun*

Toni: "He could have just blown his head off"

Gregg: "Like in The Crow with Brandon Lee"

« Reply #2222 on: December 06, 2019, 05:47:44 AM »
^ arf

How did everyone watch Mister America? Can't find it

I went to the cinema the night it was on, but this list of options to rent or purchase it is presumably definitive: http://www.magpictures.com/misteramerica/watch-at-home/

DJ Bob Hoskins

• Going mental in a dustbin
« Reply #2223 on: December 07, 2019, 11:53:58 PM »
Just in case anyone missed it, Gregg posted this video last week: https://twitter.com/justingaynor/status/1202089376077033474

momatt

• PAPERCLIPS!
    • instagram.com/m0matt
« Reply #2224 on: December 09, 2019, 07:58:37 AM »
Tim: *fiddling about with shotgun*

This made me so nervous, but bloody funny!

« Reply #2225 on: December 20, 2019, 07:10:15 PM »
g'damn it I missed the Telethon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=04p0NDdoLlA

people being very cruel about poor Mark

Chollis

• Master of Codes
« Reply #2226 on: February 24, 2020, 03:04:12 PM »
Re-watching the trial. It really is sublime, probably Tim at his best. I don't think there's a single corpse in the whole thing.

When Mark's in the witness box
"I have the constitutional right to STRIKE him if he disobeys me!"

« Reply #2227 on: February 24, 2020, 06:59:26 PM »
Re-watching the trial. It really is sublime, probably Tim at his best. I don't think there's a single corpse in the whole thing.

When Mark's in the witness box
"I have the constitutional right to STRIKE him if he disobeys me!"

tim ALMOST laughs just after mark says "he'll bop me...and uh, he'll slap me and choke me sometimes" but it's not completely out of character for him to be smirking a bit!
https://youtu.be/2inFO1ElSnc?t=152

i think it's stupid that adult swim didn't put the full version of the trial on youtube, but now someone else has and it's gained over a million views! once again adult swim really underestimate how great on cinema is and how popular it is / could become

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #2228 on: February 25, 2020, 03:11:49 AM »
Just starting season 9.

Will be onto The Trial soon.

Soon.

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soupçon of pizzazz."
« Reply #2229 on: February 25, 2020, 03:40:40 AM »
Ooh, you haven't seen it yet, lucky.

I was thinking of rewatching it and taking a drink every time Tim interrupts proceedings.

« Reply #2230 on: February 25, 2020, 11:34:44 AM »
I hope there is more Decker soon, I know others weren't as keen, the last season was a big drop, but Hawaii and Dracula was excellent.

FerriswheelBueller

• Silver Member
« Reply #2231 on: February 25, 2020, 12:01:07 PM »
Ooh, you haven't seen it yet, lucky.

I was thinking of rewatching it and taking a drink every time Tim interrupts proceedings.

Your recommendations are the reason I’m pushing through.

I’m still not 100% with it yet. I know all this stuff is objectively funny (Dekkar have just rebranded to EDM outfit DKR and Tim’s face is healing nicely - that’s inherently amusing) but it still leaves me a little cold for some reason.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #2232 on: February 25, 2020, 12:33:55 PM »

I’m still not 100% with it yet. I know all this stuff is objectively funny (Dekkar have just rebranded to EDM outfit DKR and Tim’s face is healing nicely - that’s inherently amusing) but it still leaves me a little cold for some reason.

HIGH FIVE

Chollis

• Master of Codes
« Reply #2233 on: February 25, 2020, 12:42:07 PM »

sad

« Reply #2234 on: February 27, 2020, 12:53:38 PM »

The Joker strikes again.

« Reply #2235 on: February 27, 2020, 06:27:49 PM »

I can imagine it all being a bit exhausting if you're binge-watching it (especially around where you are, which is when it started becoming quite repetitive), but The Trial is very rewarding. Make sure you watch the full version, rather than AdultSwim's "highlights".

I've sort of lost the passion for it now after a few underwhelming seasons and Mr. America, but the month or two when the show was running alongside Decker: Port Of Call: Hawaii (as well as all the Twitter patter, the #500MoviesIn500Days strand and the second and third Oscar Specials) are among the best times of my life, and I mean that quite sincerely. I'd never been part of an online community so engaged with the material, as well as being able to actually interact with it and even affect the outcome - I can't think of anything else like it.

BlodwynPig

« Reply #2236 on: February 27, 2020, 10:39:14 PM »
Highlights? How long is the unedited version? Im pretty sure i saw it all

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
« Reply #2237 on: February 27, 2020, 10:46:39 PM »
Unedited is about 4 hours.

FerriswheelBueller

• Silver Member
« Reply #2238 on: February 28, 2020, 02:51:17 AM »
I can imagine it all being a bit exhausting if you're binge-watching it (especially around where you are, which is when it started becoming quite repetitive), but The Trial is very rewarding. Make sure you watch the full version, rather than AdultSwim's "highlights".

I've sort of lost the passion for it now after a few underwhelming seasons and Mr. America, but the month or two when the show was running alongside Decker: Port Of Call: Hawaii (as well as all the Twitter patter, the #500MoviesIn500Days strand and the second and third Oscar Specials) are among the best times of my life, and I mean that quite sincerely. I'd never been part of an online community so engaged with the material, as well as being able to actually interact with it and even affect the outcome - I can't think of anything else like it.

I’m not binge watching it really, I’ve been going for a few months. I was at season three when drunkenly (and a bit weeded up on weed) spoke to Mark Proksch and I had to apologize to him because I didn’t know who he was (“I’m only up to season 3”) and that was early January. I’m only at season 8 now.

The hushed, revered tones used by everyone on CaB describing “The Trial” is keeping me going.

It seems funnier in retrospect. Decker’s “got to get high, eyes in the sky, up high” mumbling when launching the satellite is make me laugh, but I don’t think it did when I watched Decker “live”.

I don’t know.

« Reply #2239 on: February 28, 2020, 02:53:13 AM »
I was at season three when drunkenly (and a bit weeded up on weed) spoke to Mark Proksch and I had to apologize to him because I didn’t know who he was (“I’m only up to season 3”) and that was early January.

Are you not familiar with Mark's greatest achievement, K-Strass the Yo-Yo Master?

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #2240 on: February 28, 2020, 03:49:47 AM »
I found Decker pretty hard going on my watch - I think getting one a week and one On Cinema a week would have been great, but marathoning it was a bit of a... well, a marathon.

BlodwynPig

« Reply #2241 on: February 28, 2020, 10:44:56 AM »
I marathoned it right through with only occasional lulls, but retrospectively its now lulz

Still haven't found any Decker 5 or 6 outlets - doesn't work on Adult Swim

Chollis

• Master of Codes
« Reply #2242 on: February 28, 2020, 10:54:37 AM »
I remember finding Decker, especially S1/S2 a bit of a slog too on the first watch, probably because I was binging the whole thing hard and the intro was about half of every episode. Can't get enough of it now. Gregg just mashing numbers into a keypad and talking to himself is very funny to me.

« Reply #2243 on: March 01, 2020, 06:14:44 PM »
I rewatched Mister America over the weekend and found it more palatable... the sections without Gregg are not terribly funny, but it is often effective drama and the relationship between Tim and Toni is intriguingly sketched. Really pales in comparison to Finding Francis of course (which is not a wholly unfair comparison due to its existence somewhat prompting the release of Mister America as a film rather than as a Youtube extra, apparently).

« Reply #2244 on: March 05, 2020, 12:43:22 AM »
Still haven't found any Decker 5 or 6 outlets - doesn't work on Adult Swim

check your inbox

speaking of decker, let's all remember and enjoy tripp spencer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs5nXeN8Efw

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/892977334348726272

TwinPeaks

• didn't choose a very distinctive username did i
« Reply #2245 on: March 05, 2020, 12:50:43 AM »
limmy said on stream that he enjoys on cinema but isn't keen on decker because he's already seen neil breen who is actually sincere

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
« Reply #2246 on: March 05, 2020, 04:47:51 PM »
I'd forgotten about Tripp Spencer! I'm glad it never came to anything, much funnier left where it is.

Retinend

• gettit done gettit on gettit done when you do it
    • Goodreads profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 07, 2020, 10:37:29 AM »
I'm getting on the bandwagon. I especially liked this part of the 4th Oscar Special (crap guitar solo comedy):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNOQWby8R8&list=PLoNT68a21gfd6-vUS9GXG_MO1hkrdE6zu&index=125&t=94m10s