Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:12:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Is this real? Has Tim has gone full right-wing pundit?

QDRPHNC

Don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but Republican Dan Crenshaw (patch twat) made his own version of Decker, except he wasn't kidding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2yvpdtz1M&feature=emb_title

ajsmith2

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 18, 2020, 01:23:00 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but Republican Dan Crenshaw (patch twat) made his own version of Decker, except he wasn't kidding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2yvpdtz1M&feature=emb_title

I stuck it on the US Elections thread, but it didn't get much response. Better posted here I guess.

QDRPHNC

Dusty Substance

I watched Ant-Man And The Wasp last night and properly laughed out loud at Tim Heidecker's cameo. It also helped explain his campaign for Whale Man he did a couple of years ago.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 22, 2020, 06:22:21 PM
Gregg is attempting to steal Hei Inc's thunder - https://vfa.expert/

Did I miss something of the Mark saga? Missing? I thought he was missing before and returned to then go into a coma?

QDRPHNC

He was helping Gregg sell his pirated movies on the street, got taken to jail, beaten, then released and no one knows where he is.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 22, 2020, 08:15:18 PM
He was helping Gregg sell his pirated movies on the street, got taken to jail, beaten, then released and no one knows where he is.

ah yes. I miss this stuff.

QDRPHNC

QDRPHNC

January 31 at 8pm GMT, there's a virtual screening of Mister America with a Tim & Gregg Q&A afterwards. Tickets are $10, there are also more expensive packages with a signed DVD and "VFA Movie Salt".

https://misteramerica.eventive.org/passes/buy

ads82

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 21, 2021, 04:07:34 PM
January 31 at 8pm GMT, there's a virtual screening of Mister America with a Tim & Gregg Q&A afterwards. Tickets are $10, there are also more expensive packages with a signed DVD and "VFA Movie Salt".

https://misteramerica.eventive.org/passes/buy

Ah thanks for the heads up on this, wish I could afford the more expensive packages. On another note, does anyone one know if On Cinema is due to continue this year. As great as the last Oscar special was, it would be ashame if there wasn't another one this year.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: ads82 on January 21, 2021, 04:11:26 PM
Ah thanks for the heads up on this, wish I could afford the more expensive packages.

Me too, but I think I'll get a $10 ticket. Sounds like a nice thing to do on a quiet Sunday afternoon.

I believe they are doing a new season this year. There was some friction around their Patreon, Tim sent out a message assuring subscribers they'd make up for it this year. If you sign up, they have a little 10 minute behind the scenes doc of the Jaws IV Oscar Special.

BlodwynPig

How can people afford to sign up to more than say 1 or 2 patreons? I'd love to sign up, but where would it stop!?

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 21, 2021, 04:26:55 PM
How can people afford to sign up to more than say 1 or 2 patreons? I'd love to sign up, but where would it stop!?

On Cinema and Red Letter Media are the most expensive, $5/mo. The rest are just small content creators I send a dollar to every month. Comes out to about $20 total. Since I don't spend money on cable or streaming services, it seems like a good deal.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 21, 2021, 04:29:25 PM
On Cinema and Red Letter Media are the most expensive, $5/mo. The rest are just small content creators I send a dollar to every month. Comes out to about $20 total. Since I don't spend money on cable or streaming services, it seems like a good deal.

makes sense. I'm generally all in though, so would be going for the top packages for all the 'creators' I like. Princess Superstar has a 1000 dollar a month option.

QDRPHNC

I know what you mean. If I can ever comfortably afford it, I'm going to do the top donation to OC (I believe, $10,000), so they'll fly me out for the oscar special filming.

Just checked their tiers, for a one-time payment of $600, you can get these:

Quote'Hey Guys' Movie Buff Answering Machine Message MP3 from Gregg
2-minute personal Skype movie review from Gregg
Annual invitation to The On Cinema Board Meeting

QDRPHNC

Anyone else have a ticket for the virtual screening / Q&A today?

Petey Pate

I do. Has there been any indication whether or not the Q&A is in-character or not?

QDRPHNC

Nope, haven't seen anything. Not sure which I'd prefer.

Petey Pate

I suspect it's probably 'out of character', as Eric Notarnicola is listed as being on the panel, whereas if it was a Q&A set in the On Cinema universe he either wouldn't be there or he'd be playing the fictional director of Mister America (though it would make no sense why he'd participate in an interview with Tim and Gregg).

I get the impression that Gregg very begrudgingly goes 'out of character' for any On Cinema events whereas Tim is much more comfortable with breaking the illusion and revealing stuff behind the scenes.

ads82

I
Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 31, 2021, 02:23:07 PM
Anyone else have a ticket for the virtual screening / Q&A today?

Yes, I have a ticket for the virtual screening, really looking forward to it. I watched the the latest On Cinema Oscar Special recently and thought it was the best one they have done yet, the way they built to the ending was incredible. I really hope we have another Oscar Special, it's one of the highlights of my year.

QDRPHNC

Looks like they'll be taking questions over text during the Q&A, so you'll get the chance to ask about it.

QDRPHNC

QDRPHNC

That's the third time I've seen that now, still proper enjoyed it. Love the drunk, defeated Tim forgetting the camera is on him, realizing it, then realizing he has literally nothing to do and just sitting there like a sad heap.

Petey Pate

Main takeaway from the Q&A is that Adult Swim is no longer producing On Cinema - but they're planning for it to return to a different platform, albeit one that fans might have to pay for.

QDRPHNC

Yeah, these Q&A things are never that great, especially with the added stiltedness that comes with doing it virtually. A few other interesting things though, aside from the Adult Swim issues:

- OC might return on a platform they build themselves.
- Axiom already had a popular comedy show in Italy.
- James Dean is in poor health, so they can no longer work with him.
- Sally Kellerman was hard to work with on Decker.
- Wouldn't give anything away about the next OCOS, but said OC fans would find it "annoying".
- After Tim burned down the VFA, they realized all of Gregg's clothes would have burned too, so they had to get him an even shittier wardrobe.
- Gregg is always on the lookout for "Gregg type shirts".
- Gregg used to actually be a movie geek when he was 12 and 13, and had an index card system for movies he'd watched.
- The first scene of Mr. America shot with Toni was the family restaurant scene and 5 minutes beforehand she had no idea what she was supposed to do and was asking Gregg for advice.
- They had to have the Rat Pack learn some terrible royalty-free Rat Pack-type songs for the Oscar Special.
- Mister America was shot in 3.5 days. Was originally going to be online content like The Trial.

I'm sure there was more, that's all I can remember.

Petey Pate

Also, Tim jokingly outed Gregg as a Trump supporter, which visibly annoyed Gregg.

Oh and Gregg feels bad about how mean and cutting his character is towards Axiom and Manuel.