Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:40:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ornlu on April 06, 2021, 07:32:46 PM
I'm happy to bung a tenner (in dollars, whatever) to watch the new Oscar Special. But an annual subscription of $55 being the absolute minimum to watch Season 12? Am I getting that right?

I'll give you my password and you can watch it free

Ornlu

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Apologies MrMrs, I was a bit harsh. OK, as a peace offering, I'm willing to give you the code also at a discounted rate. 50 GBP.

BlodwynPig

I can't imagine watching this sober, I've always been absolutely howling at the moon cunted.
Is it still fun without the bubbly?

MrMrs

aye

what's the least amount you can pay to watch (at a later date, won't watch live)

also, look at this tramp

Fishfinger

Quote from: MrMrs on April 23, 2021, 09:15:35 AM
what's the least amount you can pay to watch (at a later date, won't watch live)

The $12 option (£8.65) includes a 30-day window: https://www.heinetwork.tv/tickets/.

Chollis

WHERE'S MARK

can't do two Oscar specials without him :(

badaids

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 23, 2021, 08:00:02 AM
What a lineup for Sunday - Not sure if I can be bothered to stay up to watch it though

https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/official-oscar-special-guest-list-revealed/

I'm glad you posted that link. I didn't realise - but of course should have known - that they have loads of great movie updates. Like the new Gosbusters for example.

BritishHobo

Trying to weigh up whether to pay for just the Oscar special, or to go for the full year membership. If I do decide to go for that later then I'll be paying for both anyway right?

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Chollis on April 23, 2021, 10:41:23 AM
WHERE'S MARK

can't do two Oscar specials without him :(

I'm hoping Mark does a Where's Wally style cameo, visible to eagle-eyed viewers but not necessarily to others on the set.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on April 23, 2021, 12:16:40 PM
I'm hoping Mark does a Where's Wally style cameo, visible to eagle-eyed viewers but not necessarily to others on the set.

Muncher

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on April 23, 2021, 12:16:40 PM

Or some Pipes-esque appearances like on Ghostwatch.

BlodwynPig

BritishHobo

Quote from: BritishHobo on April 23, 2021, 11:45:21 AM
Trying to weigh up whether to pay for just the Oscar special, or to go for the full year membership. If I do decide to go for that later then I'll be paying for both anyway right?

Quick update if anyone else is wondering (apologies if somebody explained this already) - I've paid for the Oscar Special ticket, and there's a message on my account to say if I do choose to upgrade to the annual membership, the $10 ticket price I've already paid will be deducted from the cost. That overall means roughly another £20 for the year. Hope the offer is still live after the Oscar special airs.

trabuch

I've got the oscer fever. I've got Monday off work - this will be the first time I've watched one live. I really don't begrudge bunging these lads a few quid, they've made me very happy over the years.

BlodwynPig

iamcoop

Love the twists and turns in the build up to these.

Call me foolish but I don't think Oscar is quite finished with Peter Jackson just yet!

MrMrs

is it just me who can't stand the in character vfa stuff? Gregg is an amazing performer and a great foil for Tim but I wouldn't watch a solely Gregg produced thing. I would, and have, watched Tim (in character) stuff.

MrMrs

can you buy the show after the fact (in case I can't find a torrent)?

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: MrMrs on April 25, 2021, 05:12:34 PM
can you buy the show after the fact (in case I can't find a torrent)?

I believe Tim's said it'll be available on Hei network if you take a subscription with them. otherwise if you buy a ticket tonight it'll be accessable for a week to rewatch afterwards :)

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: MrMrs on April 25, 2021, 01:17:30 PM
is it just me who can't stand the in character vfa stuff? Gregg is an amazing performer and a great foil for Tim but I wouldn't watch a solely Gregg produced thing. I would, and have, watched Tim (in character) stuff.

Probably not, but I personally love it - Turkington's genius for patience-testing material really gets a perfect platform there, and it's a great flavor in the overall comedy goulash. I will confess that I haven't rewatched the "Our Cinema" Oscar Special from '17 all that often, compared with the "real" ones. But I admire the fuck out of it.

MrMrs

Aye don't get me wrong, I think he's an amazing performer and the character is WONDERFUL. Think it'd be a rough watch to go through an on cinema / oscer special without tim though

BritishHobo

I can definitely understand that, although I think I could genuinely listen to hours of Gregg's utterly banal enthusiasm. I think he's so spot-on to a certain type of enthusiast, without any of the Comic Book Guy stereotypes you usually get - and for whatever reason, the comedic voice of that character just does it for me. A kind of totally passionless passion.

chveik

famethrowa

Quote from: BritishHobo on April 25, 2021, 08:14:33 PM
I can definitely understand that, although I think I could genuinely listen to hours of Gregg's utterly banal enthusiasm. I think he's so spot-on to a certain type of enthusiast, without any of the Comic Book Guy stereotypes you usually get - and for whatever reason, the comedic voice of that character just does it for me. A kind of totally passionless passion.

Yes we all know that kind of person. I remember when it all clicked for me, on the original audio podcasts. By about episode 20 I was feeling quite sorry for Gregg constantly getting bullied by Tim, but then they had an actual movie expert guest come on and Gregg was a real prick to him, asking "how many video cassettes do you own?" and suchlike. A bit of a heel turn and showed a new depth of character.