Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:40:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Scrolling through Twitter, it looks like Gregg is doing a VFA 'Our Cinema Special' on YouTube, starting fifteen minutes before the Oscars. Hoping this doesn't actually mean he'll be absent from the On Cinema one.

BritishHobo

I've got a tablet showing the actual Oscars, my phone with the On Cinema special, then another tablet with Gregg's 'Our Cinema' special. This is fucking stressful.

FsF

I love that there are 3000+ people (myself included) just watching Gregg drive a car with a mischievous grin on his face.

I didn't want to pay for the On Cinema special, so I'm stuck watching the actual Oscars, and it is already horrific. Deep regret.

Turned the Oscars off, just watching Gregg drive in his car now.

Goldentony

Looked this up on Google Maps and its a half hour drive, was hoping it'd be something the length of the entire show then longer

BritishHobo

The On Cinema stream has dropped for me, can't load the page at all now.

EDIT: It's back!

EDIT: It's gone again

Goldentony

what have I paid nine quid for here, one websites down, ones on Youtube and the actual stream for Heideckers thing is on a backup site

BritishHobo

Yeah, I've had to go for the backup (on oncinematimeline.com), which I'm assuming is free for anyone? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have given some money to support them after how much free content they've given, but it's a bit of a confusing setup.

Ferris

Just watched a few minutes on the backup site out of interest. I like the scripted youtube stuff but this kind of long form improv isn't for me.

'it is not enough for me to succeed at watching the on cinema oscar special... others must fail'

BritishHobo

The Gregg YouTube stream has made for a nice proper manic spin on the special, to its credit. Baffled by this minion shit going on, but I love it.

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: BritishHobo on April 26, 2021, 02:11:21 AM
Baffled by this minion shit going on, but I love it.

Basically over the last couple of months on Twitter and the Hei network website minions have randomly been posted and spammed on any official channels. basicallly like a DDOS attack.
it's rumoured Gregg and Toni's son are working together to sabotage Hei. Noone knows for sure though

Noodle Lizard

I was planning on paying later since I'm busy tonight, but I've got it on the backup feed (for free, which must be fucking annoying to those who paid) and am tuning in and out. Very bored of Heidecker now, but Gregg's splendid as always. His suggestion of rebooting any film with "to" in the title (From Here 2 Eternity etc.) had me chuckling.

Nowhere Man

That Al Pacino tribute was fucking priceless

especially when
Spoiler alert
it cut to footage of Richard Lewis
[close]

BritishHobo

I thought it did! But then I thought I was so tired that my mind was just playing tricks on me.

Gregg's contempt for Tim's new family is lovely.

Nowhere Man

Having Joe Estevez next to Tim making comments is really what sells it too, he just grounds the whole thing

Ornlu

Ok, I've just woken up, logged into my hei account - without any spoilers, do I watch Tim or gregg's special first??

weaseldust

Quote from: Ornlu on April 26, 2021, 08:51:58 AM
Ok, I've just woken up, logged into my hei account - without any spoilers, do I watch Tim or gregg's special first??

both at the same time, not even joking

Ornlu

Quote from: weaseldust on April 26, 2021, 11:29:21 AM
both at the same time, not even joking

So it's like that Flaming Lips album where you play all four CDs at once then eh

I'm already halfway through Tim's I'm afraid. But
Spoiler alert
I can see how the two would intersect.
[close]

weaseldust

Ornlu

Quote from: weaseldust on April 26, 2021, 11:38:15 AM
only halfway? get gregg's on now, trust me...

Oh cripes, OK. Help me out here, will ya:

In the HEI special, I've just reached the point where
Spoiler alert
Tim nearly gasses the rat in the Oscar Special diorama.
[close]

I'm gonna start Gregg's now, the overall stream for which I notice is a lot shorter. What point should I start playing Tim's again? And should I genuinely keep them both playing simultaneously?

weaseldust

i watched it live so i'm not 100% sure but i just tried to work it out and i think you want gregg's stream 12 minutes later than tim's stream (kind of surprised they didn't make the videos equal length)

i dunno what you mean about gregg's stream because it should be about 15 minutes longer. but yeah have it in the background on lower volume so you can tune in and out

Ornlu

Quote from: weaseldust on April 26, 2021, 12:00:04 PM
i watched it live so i'm not 100% sure but i just tried to work it out and i think you want gregg's stream 12 minutes later than tim's stream (kind of surprised they didn't make the videos equal length)

i dunno what you mean about gregg's stream because it should be about 15 minutes longer. but yeah have it in the background on lower volume so you can tune in and out

Ah OK yeah, I realised not long after posting that it should pretty obvious where they sync up together. And I did accidentally fudge the times there. Thanks weasel. It's Movie Time!

weaseldust

no problem!

speaking of which did anyone else notice how vft (or vmt as it's also known apparently) is literally 'movie time'?