Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:26:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lungpuddle

Quote from: pandadeath on May 05, 2021, 10:52:00 PM
Ah, thanks, so the Hei Inc website is the legit way to watch it then - wasn't sure if it was just a Rio Jenesis level gag. Not fussed about paying for it, I know I'll get plenty of enjoyment out of it.

Excellent!

Quote from: weaseldust on May 04, 2021, 11:14:45 AM
i made an 8-bit version of the on cinema theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq9s44sHuKA

By the way, this is fantastic.

MrMrs

Rewatching now, this is so good.

The Josh Trank segment sucks though because Josh is trying to be funny I think. Absolutely tragic by him.

Petey Pate

Adult Swim have uploaded a stream of Fishcenter from 2016 which features Tim and Gregg in character.  Not sure why they waited this long, considering the topical references to the election and how out of step it is with the current On Cinema timeline.

Contains yet another argument about the setting of Star Trek II.

https://youtu.be/Y3iU2Jlx83Y

Ornlu

Quote from: MrMrs on May 27, 2021, 09:35:02 AM
so, the star trek thing - who is right?

Good answer here: https://www.reddit.com/r/OnCinemaAtTheCinema/comments/emvujt/meta_ive_never_seen_a_star_trek_movie_who_is/fds4wea/

QuoteBreaking character here, cause this is an honest question.

Technically Tim is correct, cause Star Trek IV is the one where they go back in time to 1986 San Francisco to try and find a whale (long story) Star Trek II mostly takes place in space.

Though I think over the years Gregg has modified his argument slightly so he's not technically 100% wrong, since Star Trek II has a couple scenes at Starfleet HQ in San Francisco, and Star Trek IV has a couple scenes where they're back in space.

But mostly Tim is right, and the screenshots and filming locations shown are all from Star Trek IV.

MrMrs

McChesney Duntz

There's a new audio-only episode of On Cinema "previewing" the summer movies
Spoiler alert
(and, of course, prematurely giving 5-bag ratings to all of them, sight unseen)
[close]
, but you're gonna need a heinetwork.tv account to hear it.
Spoiler alert
Unless I feel like downloading it in the next few days and sharing it with anyone who asks nicely in my DMs.
[close]

chveik

Peter Rabbit 1, starring Peter Rabbit

thanks btw

chveik

BlodwynPig

I wish they would email news out to gold subscribers. I dont want to have to visit the site to see upcoming members stuff

weaseldust

yeah i don't understand that either...i get my updates from twitter but not everyone is on there. maybe i'll suggest it to them

BlodwynPig

Quote from: weaseldust on June 03, 2021, 02:04:52 PM
yeah i don't understand that either...i get my updates from twitter but not everyone is on there. maybe i'll suggest it to them

Please. Fuck twitter

weaseldust

i suggested it to the official account and they liked the tweet so maybe they will do it?

BlodwynPig

I owe you two [enter things you like] now Weasel, cheers :)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: weaseldust on June 03, 2021, 06:26:15 PM
i suggested it to the official account and they liked the tweet so maybe they will do it?

They did it!!

Retinend

weaseldust

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 06, 2021, 06:40:08 PM
They did it!!

excellent!

i did another 8-bit on cinema tune. this time it's the oscar special trivia music:
https://youtu.be/KDRgsuQAuiw

JCR

Some what off topic but I got the new blu-ray of Mr Bungle: The Night They Came Home, which has a short Neil Hamburger set at the start. He's good but he's not on that long unfortunately. Watching him scream "Knock Knock" to an empty room is quite poignant. 😭

MrMrs

PeasOnSticks

Seems like they're putting out any old thing for HEI subscribers. As 'content' becomes more important in terms of justifying the subscription charge, I guess there's bound to be a bit of a fall-off in quality.

Maybe it's just me, but with the HEI Network/paywall thing, On Cinema is beginning to lose some of its charm. Yes, I know they deserve to be paid for their work etc etc, but I feel there's a touch of cynicism to the enterprise, and now they'll be preaching exclusively to the choir rather than letting their stuff exist (and be stumbled upon) out in the wider world. I may be wrong, but it all feels very Tim-driven (the relentless self-promotion on Twitter, the general ubiquity of Heidecker these days in geneal) and distinctly un-Gregg.

They've made some absolutely brilliant stuff, and On Cinema is one of my very favourite comedy things of recent years, but I fear the whole thing might get a bit watered-down (content for content's sake) and clubby under the new system. Hope to be proved wrong on this, though!

trabuch

MrMrs

absolutely not. the concept of Greg is hilarious but Tim is far funnier. couldn't watch Greg on his own. he's TOO beige.

trabuch

Quote from: MrMrs on June 18, 2021, 12:50:43 AM
absolutely not. the concept of Greg is hilarious but Tim is far funnier. couldn't watch Greg on his own. he's TOO beige.

Tim is too busy to be funny. He had Jon Glaser sitting in for him on Office Hours tonight (not that there's anything wrong with that).