Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Chris Morris a wanker?

Started by astrozombie, December 05, 2011, 05:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Didn't someone meet him outside of HMV, along with Matt Lucas and Charlie Brooker, and managed to upset the latter by going "Hi Chris, Hi Matt, Brooker." Or did I dream that? It's quite possible.

Edit: Ah, just found it: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=8710.0 (though partially mis-remembered it)

I don't know what it adds to the thread, other than another addition to the 'seems like a nice bloke, yay' category.

Kane Jones

Off topic, but I noticed loads of people in that old thread who don't post here anymore.  What happened in 2007-2009 to make so many folk jump ship?

placeholder

• cliquishness
  • autism
  • racism
  • The IT Crowd

Lost Oliver

I got into a fist-fight with him. Top bloke though; and he can do a cracking cockney voice.

I met Morris in 1988 before he was famous. I was visiting family in Alabama and one day went down to Auburn University to meet with my cousin so we could go out for drinks before heading home. I waited in the gym while he was washing up after football practice.

I wandered around in the gym and there was this amazing guy dribbling the ball up and down and sinking basket after basket from halfway up the court. This was the guy the world would know as Chris Morris. We got to talking and he told me that he was just trying to get some practice in as he'd just been offered a tryout with the New Jersey Nets on the strength of his showing in the NBA Draft and he didn't want to start his NBA career without being the best he could be. At this point, my cousin found me and told me he was ready to go. I wished Morris the best and told him never to run himself into the ground. He thanked he and then got back to his dribbling. The guy was amazing and I think his excellent 11 season NBA career speaks for itself.

danyulx

Can any stalkers on this board please confirm or deny if Christopher Morris still lives in Brixton? I'm not asking for a postal address, but a simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice.

Reason I ask is I've not-long moved a 15/20-minute walk down the road from there - Streatham -and shop at the Tescos in Brixton at least three days a week and drink in the Wetherspoons there at least once. So I am just wondering is it worth my effort keeping my eyes peeled for The Man, who I'd no qualms whatsoever blocking the path of, stopping in the street and "hearing a word with".

I did see him stood around Charing Cross road once, looking a bit lost, a few years ago, but I had nothing to say to him, at the time.

Thank you.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: danyulx on June 29, 2012, 05:53:17 PMCan any stalkers on this board please confirm or deny if Christopher Morris still lives in Brixton? I'm not asking for a postal address, but a simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice.

I thought he lived nearer to Streatham than Brixton anyway, but I could well be talking bollocks.

EDIT: Quite weird/amusing to see in that old thread that SMBH linked to, how using a mobile phone to take pictures was seen as such a radical and/or Nathan Barley-ish thing to do as recently as 2005.

Mind you, I always secretly rather liked the idea of the MP3 decks... OH NOES, I *AM* NA... (cont. p94)