Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,466
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:59:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucking Pointless Re-Makes

Started by Beep Cleep Chimney, December 08, 2011, 09:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Quote from: Default to the negative on July 22, 2013, 04:13:44 PM
Why not make Gremlins 3 instead of a reboot?

How would a third film continue from the second? The New Batch[nb]it's a rule of mine to always refer to sequels by their silly subtitles, if they have one.[/nb] got itself tangled up - deliberately, of course - in questions of continuity, canonicity, and meta-references.

Moribunderast

I'm so desensitised to Hollywood remakes that I find it hard to conjure outrage anymore. Still, that list had a few pearlers. Jacob's Ladder - really? Apparently it's an homage. That's nice, then. "We really loved this thing so here's a (presumably) lesser version of it!"

I know the US has to remake any remotely interesting foreign language film for subtitle-phobes but the remakes of Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Timecrimes can go and get fucked.

The majority of those remakes just seem utterly pointless. And if Spike Lee gets to remake Oldboy I demand Chan-Wook Park be allowed to remake Do The Right Thing as a korean revenge tale.

Sivead

I guess with kids stuff it's the generations that grew up with the movies the first time fault. The nerds so impacted by them supply guaranteed hype and some now parents shoveling Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles down their throat. Kids don't have "their thing" anymore, toys are all stuff super heroes and Star Wars still. They're fussy buggers though, A Gremlins 3 or a Ghostbusters 3 is too niche and would need a modernized extreme makeover to hold their attention.

SteveDave

When I worked (a long time ago now it seems) there was an idiot 19 year old who refused to watch any films made before he could remember. Someone recommended he see "Scum" & was all for it til he found it was from "Olden times"

He was a prick of the highest order who used to love telling everyone what time he went to bed. I hope he's dead now.

HappyTree

Famous Mortimer

Johnny Townmouse

SteveDave

finnquark

The 2008 remake of Calamari Union. Fucking hell.

Likely a response to the success of Hannibal, NBC are making two new horror series.

Soooo...They're making Rosemary's Baby into a series.
http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2013/07/27/nbc-announces-remakes-of-rosemarys-baby-and-the-tommyknockers