Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rainbow 6: Patriots

Started by VegaLA, December 12, 2011, 06:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

Bloody hell!

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/25362/Domestic-Vigilantes-Take-Things-Into-Their-Own-Hands-In-Rainbow-Six-Patriots/

Do you think there is room for thsi game these days? I hear M3 took over a Billion Dollars, earning it more than the 2009 movie Avatar.
I think this may be a little too late for Ubisoft, what with the Date at the end of the trailer stating 2013. The new Gen consoles may be announced next year for a 2013 release and buyers may hold back spending money because of that.

falafel

Didn't Avatar make 2bn in the end?

small_world

I've always had time for the Rainbow series.
Rainbow Six 3 was is my all time favourite on-line game. Nothing has surpassed it yet. Not CoD or MW3, nothing. It was just great. That lean thing!!!
The previous games were also good, I didn't make the most of them as my connection wasn't all that good back then, but by 3 it was sweet.
I was a fan of Rainbow Six Vegas, but more out of nostalgia for the previous games.

Don't have any real enthusiasm for this one, it's been said a million times, but games now are too much about graphics and cinematiscism. Even only as far back as Rainbow Six 3 games had a load of great gameplay thingies...  I dunno, sucks now.

pk1yen

Quote from: small_world on December 12, 2011, 08:03:39 PM
I've always had time for the Rainbow series.
Rainbow Six 3 was is my all time favourite on-line game. Nothing has surpassed it yet. Not CoD or MW3, nothing. It was just great. That lean thing!!!

Oh god, the hours I spent on the airport level. With my trusty TAR-21.
I don't even know what made the online of that so fantastic.

small_world

It was though wasn't it. Totally nuts.
My favourite was the Airport level; Until I spent one afternoon on the Carnival level, picking off enemy team members who had left the game. Me and my mate knocked up my kill:death ratio to about 6:1 from 1:2 in the space of two hours.

No idea what made it so good.
It seemed to require far fewer shots to kill/be killed. And they seemed to have far more power than they do in something like CoD. Where someone can spray at you for a good few seconds, with one or two bullets seeming to poison you to death (I mean, they don't feel to actually pack any power)
Also, while stats are good. Things should have a definite impact on your stats and the game. In R3 there were a few MAIN stats, and it was obvious what impacted on/effected them.

hoverdonkey

I loved R3 too. the Carnival level stands out for me and yes, spent so much time on it online. 2013 seems an awfully long way away though.