Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Draw.

Started by ccab, June 13, 2004, 10:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccab

Poison Popcorn - Benny J Fish
Rats - Claudius Maximus
JJJH - Spaced Cadet
Dr David V - Jetset Willy
Mr Rou-rou - Plank
Purple tentacle - Cerys
Frinky - Timmay
Geronimo - Rubbish Monkey
Almost Yearly - Abbie
ccab - cptwhite
Mook - no offenc

Round ends saturday 12pm.

OK, as all maths graduates will spot immediately 22 doesn't boil down very neatly to the 2 eventual finalists. To get around this, we'll have a soft first round in which only 5 players get knocked out. The 4 losers with most votes will qualify.

// Recap of the rules.

play with a canvas size of 600x400
3 rounds each match
no using comic sans ms
must use something from last post.
start every match in a new thread

// smallprint

- if players can't decide amongst who goes first, Hairy Chin (umpire) will settle it.
- start a poll when the match is over. polls close at lunchtime saturday.
- if either player's held up & can't finish, if they both agree, the match will go to the vote incomplete. if not, the player holding the match up loses by default.

Get in touch with your opponent & start things off.

Good luck everyone & have fun.

no_offenc

you missed out how many shots in each round....sorry.

Cerys

I think 'three rounds in each match' was ccab's way of saying that each match consists of three shots from each player.  Although I'm baffled as to why comic sans ms is a no-no.

ccab

that's right, each round has one shot from each player. for instance my match with cerys in the other thread had 3 rounds.

comic sans is banned because mr rou-rou says so. it's one of his whims, grumpy twat that he is. don't blame me. I think it's a beautiful typeface & I'm having it on my memorial in St Paul's one day.

mr rou-rou

nice one ccab,

pistols at dawn and all that,

I guess we'll find out if Geronimo is a ringer, or Rubbish Monkey will...

I look forward to playing Plank, I like his (her) style

edit: sans comic sans, excellent, next year I move to ban the colour blue from all shots!

no_offenc

Quote from: "Cerys"I think 'three rounds in each match' was ccab's way of saying that each match consists of three shots from each player.  Although I'm baffled as to why comic sans ms is a no-no.

My excuse = I'm drunk.

On the internet!

OH NO!!!

Plank

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"I look forward to playing Plank, I like his (her) style

Thanks. It's my first go at anything like this so I hope I don't embarrass myself too much.

Good luck everyone.

I'm a bloke by the way.

Almost Yearly

Hmm no hats or raffle tickets were harmed in the drawing of this draw.

fanny splendid

or fannies, by the looks of it...

Rubbish Monkey

Geronimo! Geronimo! where art thou Geronimo? come and de-flower me.

mr rou-rou

if we are voting by posting the name of who we want to win in each of the game threads then can I suggest we veto votes from people who aren't already registered? i.e newly signed up accounts or just folk we don't like the look of.

Because, polls are too easy to fudge because they are anonymous, we don't have thread rating like last year so in order to eliminate the inevitable cheating (mainly from myself seeing as the nefarious horsegun is absent)

I suggest we put it to a jury of existing whores and let them post the name of whom they want to win.

Sound ok?

Vermschneid Mehearties

May I volunteer to be the judge. And the jury. And the executioner. And the....no that's it.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"if we are voting by posting the name of who we want to win in each of the game threads then can I suggest we veto votes from people who aren't already registered? i.e newly signed up accounts or just folk we don't like the look of.
Because, polls are too easy to fudge because they are anonymous, we don't have thread rating like last year so in order to eliminate the inevitable cheating (mainly from myself seeing as the nefarious horsegun is absent)
I suggest we put it to a jury of existing whores and let them post the name of whom they want to win.
Sound ok?

Yes, it does. Marvellous idea, especially the "don't like the look of" factor.

I'm still smarting from last year when I lost  because of some 3-post-charlie with a 300x200 Picachu signature.  And because my opponent was better than me, which also strikes me as unfair.

Almost Yearly

Luckily this year I are mostly avoiding suspicious oustings by meeting the champ in the first round.

A lot has been said about what is and isn't saaaaad. Cheating in VW tennis is.

Dr David V

Heh, I'm not sure if you intended it, but well done on putting the two bootleggers head to head. Right, time to PM him...

ccab

Mr Rou rou -excellent idea. Votes from any account registered after the start of the tournament won't be considered.

QuoteHmm no hats or raffle tickets were harmed in the drawing of this draw.

the draw was made using a bottle of slivovitz, a sophisticated random number generator (http://edtech.kennesaw.edu/intech/randomnumbergenerator.htm) and the refresh key. It was done with the purest professionalism - except - er

I don't suppose there's anyone else apart from Fanny missing?

Fanny - SORRY! I'm aghast. - Timmay made it clear he would only play as a last resort. If he agrees, play frinky instead of him. Otherwise, you'll have to have a bye to the next round. Sorry about this - it's an appalling cock-up.

Timmay

Quote from: "ccab"Fanny - SORRY! I'm aghast. - Timmay made it clear he would only play as a last resort. If he agrees, play frinky instead of him. Otherwise, you'll have to have a bye to the next round. Sorry about this - it's an appalling cock-up.
Arse. Just noticed this. Well, I've kicked my round off now, although I don't think Frink has come on since, so I could sneak it back out again and use it another time.

Or, if Fanny can be integrated back into the game later on somehow, that'll be fine, shorely?

fanny splendid

Yeah, no problems. I'll wait for round 2, or wait and see if anyone drops out.

Dr David V

FYI, JSW's going first in our battle.

JJJJH

Where aaaaaare yooooooou, Spaced Cadet?

No response from a PM yet.

If I've got a serve ready, should I just post it? I feel guilty about doing it without asking him.

weekender

Quote from: "JJJJH"If I've got a serve ready, should I just post it? I feel guilty about doing it without asking him.

Fucking hell, have some courage.  Just post it and if he doesn't respond, demand that he forfeits.  That's what I'd do.

But then I'm a cunt.

But then last year's tournament was full of stupid complications like 'Can I post on a Tuesday at 5.57pm?  Or is that against the rules?  What if I want to go for a piss when I'm making an image, is that allowed?'.

Dr David V

Quote from: "weekender"What if I want to go for a piss when I'm making an image, is that allowed?'.
I'd suggest a funnel and some plastic piping. Mong and piss at the same time, you can't afford to waste a second in this tournament!

geronimo

I haven't heard back from Rubbish Monkey. Do I post a serve or what?

JJJJH

Go for it, that's what I did (only after weekender's suggestion though). And Spaced didn't seem to mind after I'd goaded him out of hiding. ;)

Rubbish Monkey

ahhhhh i went galavanting round the town. well watched the footie. sorry.

i await your serve with a strange mixture of panic, fear and excitment.

mr rou-rou

some top shots already :) excellent

and Rats isn't shit at potatoshop, challenge!

Timmay

Has photobucket lost everyone's images? It's coming up with a 404 not found error on both rou-rou's and poison popcorn's images, who both use photobucket obviously.

Almost Yearly

Photobucket's iffy. No doubt about it.

Timmay

Just looking at their main page, and saw a "Your pictures are safe and will not be deleted." claim. Hmm. Still, you get what you pay for I guess.

mook

If people are having trouble with photobucket, this one might work.

I've never tried it but it's been recommended on worth. I've just checked the FAQ and they allowing direct linking.