Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:34:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Draw.

Started by ccab, June 13, 2004, 10:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccab

Well, I must say I'm as shocked as a heater. Just as it's looking as if Abbie could win with rorschachs, the fans winnow her. Bravo Jetset.

Intriguing semi-finals in prospect.

Good luck chaps!

Jet Set Willy

Quote from: "ccab"Just as it's looking as if Abbie could win with rorschachs, the fans winnow her.

Now I do feel illiterate.

I'm suprised to have gone through, though I don't feel Abbie did her best.

Do we start the next round now?

I feel like a child swimming in the sea suddenly realising I can't touch the bottom.

Purple Tentacle

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

ccab

QuoteNow I do feel illiterate.

haha
:thumbsup::

Start whenever you like & the best of luck.

JJJJH

What the fuck am I doing in the semis? Well done to everyone else that went through, and thanks again Plank for a great game.

Youse gots PM JSW.

Abbie

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"I'm suprised to have gone through, though I don't feel Abbie did her best.

I always do my best JSW, you won fair and square and I enjoyed our game - it was lots of fun, despite the untimely interruption by Dame CCAB, here after known as Quitty Quitterson the big fat Quitter.

Good luck in the semis :-)

@ssmaster

Wow, Abbie got knocked out? Now that was a suprise (no offence JSW).

Come on Mr Rou Rou, the path is clear for you now to win this thing.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "@ssmaster"Come on Mr Rou Rou, the path is clear for you now to win this thing.

Cheers.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"
Quote from: "@ssmaster"Come on Mr Rou Rou, the path is clear for you now to win this thing.

Cheers.

I have never hidden my support for Rou from the beginning, get your own fans. ;-)

Vermschneid Mehearties

Whats Gandhi up to? WM has gone all messy.

Gandhi

Gandhi apologises for not speaking teenage, and he is much too old to start learning now, so please could you explain yourself in grown-up?

mr rou-rou

how so?

the semis have been played, the votes will be counted when the deadline of tomorrow (Monday) 12noon expires and the two finalists will play one final game with a deadline of the following Monday and then the Wimblemong forum will crumble into the sea for another year.

edit: oh there's goldenflops now

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quote from: "Gandhi"Gandhi apologises for not speaking teenage, and he is much too old to start learning now, so please could you explain yourself in grown-up?

Are you there Gandhi? -it's me, VM. Perhaps some dividers between round 3 and the semis, with the obligatory humourous comment might make the folder look a bit neater. At the moment it's the forum equivalent of an old formerly adored dog thats been left to wander the streets. Thankyou kindly.

Gandhi

Ah, well because it's you VM, I have done as you have asked.

A couple of posts will sort everything...

Gandhi

The semi-final results are as follows:

Purple Tentacle 8 v 16 Mr Rou-rou
JJJJH 13 v 11 Jet Set Willy

The final will therefore be between Mr Rou-rou and JJJJH.

Good luck to both finalists!

mr rou-rou

I've never been in a final for anything in my whole life, I'm going to put this on my CV.

I'm crapping it now, to have got this far even though I was beaten by Plank in the first game is unexpected, plus J4H put Plank out of the compo.

Served Plank - lost
Returned Rubbish Monkey - won
Returned Almost Yearly - won
Returned Purple Tentacle - won

I think it's only fair that I serve seeing as J4H has served twice.

Served Spaced Cadet - won
Returned Plank - won
Served Jet Set Willy - won

I appear to have played an extra game, fitness could be a concern.

ClaudiusMaximus

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"I appear to have played an extra game, fitness could be a concern.

JJJJH serving against geronimo finished 2-1 on number of shots completed (round 2)..

@ssmaster

COME ON MR ROU ROU

You could put all my disappointments of Hartlepool losing out on a playoff Final and England getting knocked out of Euro 2004 behind me. Go on son, do it for the elder mongers amongst us.

mr rou-rou

Well any steadied nerve I had has now gone out the window, the thought of disappointing a 6'5 Hartlepoolian with hands like shovels that calls himself @ssmaster is all too much

wibble wibble

@ssmaster

Heh, I'm like one of those pushy dads. At least I'm not as bad as this guy.

http://www.pbase.com/pjgrossman/buey_kayaking

Jet Set Willy

That's it, proof that you're all blind. I may as well burn my copy of photoshop now.

Bitter, moi?

Timmay

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"That's it, proof that you're all blind.
I voted for you. Am I blind too?

Anyway, at least your competitor responded in a timely fashion, and so your match got several days worth of voting. Come join us on the bitter hecklers bench, we've kept your place warm.

Vermschneid Mehearties

A couple of questions-

When is the final starting?
Is it longer (IE- more than a point long)?

I was thinking of more photoshop contests aside photoshop tennis, and the only one I came across was in the rules of the Eurovision Song Contest which I found rather funny. Each person gets selected a country at random and their piece has to be linked or influenced by the country they represent. Voting is done by a panel of judges. I was quite taken by it.

sproggy

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"Well any steadied nerve I had has now gone out the window, the thought of disappointing a 6'5 Hartlepoolian with hands like shovels that calls himself @ssmaster is all too much

wibble wibble

With a name like @ssmaster, it's not the size of his hands you should be worried about.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "sproglette"
Quote from: "mr rou-rou"Well any steadied nerve I had has now gone out the window, the thought of disappointing a 6'5 Hartlepoolian with hands like shovels that calls himself @ssmaster is all too much

wibble wibble

With a name like @ssmaster, it's not the size of his hands you should be worried about.

Yes I also like to change tyres wearing nothing but a see through thong as well.

Gandhi

The final of Wimblemong 2004 was won, by 17 votes to 9, by Mr Rou-rou. Hard luck JJJJH, you proved to be a great competitor throughout the competition.

Well done everybody who entered for making this years competition so much fun. Thanks to Ccab for kick starting the organisation, and thanks to all who voted, or participated in other ways!

JJJJH

Well done Rou, you deserved it! Have something nice on me.

What happens to all the Wimblemong threads now then? If that forum's just temporary, are they all released into the wild that is VM?

butnut

Quote from: "JJJJH"What happens to all the Wimblemong threads now then? If that forum's just temporary, are they all released into the wild that is VM?

Released for Vermschneid Mehearties? What will he do with them? And is he really that wild?

Anyway, a great final. Many congrats. to Rou-Rou and a slap on the back for JJJJH.

Vermschneid Mehearties

It's like the first Rocky. I'm sure JJJH will be back for a rematch next year, when Rou rou and him will both fall over together, and he'll get up first and win.

Congratulations to Rou Rou, the Master of Disaster!