Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:27:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Draw.

Started by ccab, June 13, 2004, 10:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mook

I'm with the monday lot as well, seems a bit harsh to exclude the workaday whores from being able to cast their votes just because they are spending their hard-earned cash on cider and prozzies come friday nights.

mook

Is the voting going to be carried over until Monday or not.?I needs to know like.

C'mon answer me you blighters.

Cerys

I think it should be.  If we have midday on Saturday as closing time for the match, and then midday Monday closing for the voting, it's a damn sight fairer on those 'whores who can only log on from work.  ccab, sweetie, get over yourself and accept the wishes of the masses!  For then you will be some kind of god, or something.  Maybe.

no_offenc

Weyyy, more days for me to get fuckin' tonked, heheh.

ccab

I have taken your comments on board and will make my ruling on this matter tomorrow morning at about 11.59am.

Cerys

Quote from: "ccab"11.59am.

Now that's just plain evil!

Jet Set Willy

Can we have a confirmation of a Glastonbury moratorium?

Things will get rather fucked up if people are expected to be playing between Thursday and Sunday.

For me anyway.

ccab

::::::::::: the EXTENSION you all want ::::::::::::::::

Since many players have requested it, there'll be an extension of 2 days to this first deadline. The purpose of this is to allow working whores an opportunity to vote. Voting in all matches will end on Monday lunchtime at 12pm.

I'm dubious that these two days will have any real effect on the voting. Working whores have already had a couple of days to vote on several matches without showing much interest. But we'll see.

Votes will be counted on Monday at 12pm and 7 whores will be eliminated. Benny J Fish and CPTWhite have already retired, the other 5 will be the losers who've tallied fewest votes. The draw will follow and the 2nd round begin immediately.

For glastonburygoers, you can have some flexibility with your matches - you'll have to catch up separately.

Cerys

Yay for ccab and the powers of persuasion!

@ssmaster

May I suggest that after round one is finished the round one threads be moved to one thread or locked so they sink and don't interfere with the second round threads, otherwise we may not see the wood for the trees.

Purple Tentacle

Good call on the MATCH deadline rather than the voting deadline Cerys, there is a definite need to draw a line in the sand as far as monging time is concerned.  I'm not an anarchist.

mr rou-rou

edit: about to be moved

ccab

That's your lot for the first round. I'll post the draw in this thread sometime in the next half an hour depending on the time it takes to count these votes.

ccab

Here then are the

results:
timmay-frinky - 5-12
mr rou-rou-plank 14-21
abbie-ay 15-14
dr dv-jetset 6-17
geronimo-rubbish monkey 16-8
cerys-purple tentacle 5-20
mook-no_offenc - 20-10
jjjjh-spaced cadet 26-7
rats-claudius maximus 16-7

Which means the whores qualifying as winners are: fanny, ccab, poison popcorn, rats, jjjjh, mook, plank, purple tentacle, jetset willy, geronimo, frinky, abbie

and the whores qualifying as best losers are: ay, mr rou-rou, no_offenc, rubbish monkey

// The draw for Round 2.

jetset-pp
fanny splendid-abbie
mook-plank
jjjjh-geronimo

rats-almost yearly
mr rou-rou-rubbish monkey
purple tentacle-frinky
ccab-no_offenc

(This is the last draw I'm going to be doing - the next set of matches will be dictated by this)

Get in touch with your opponents and start things off. Voting ends a week today.

Gandhi - can you lock the completed threads andstick them below a couple of dummy threads with hyphen titles? thanks

Timmay

*grumble grumble*

My match, with the lowest vote turnout, means I don't even make it through as a loser, not my fault, Frinky's fault, and he used mook's mong in a shot, didn't want to play anyway, robbed, etc etc.

JJJJH

Quote from: "ccab"jjjjh-geronimo
Haha, shite, not looking forward to this.

Check your PMs geronimo.

ccab

Quote from: "Timmay"*grumble grumble*

My match, with the lowest vote turnout, means I don't even make it through as a loser, not my fault, Frinky's fault, and he used mook's mong in a shot, didn't want to play anyway, robbed, etc etc.

Well... (maybe I shouldn't be telling you this) - technically you can have him kicked out if you insist. Stragglers were only to be waited on with mutual consent. If you're feeling vengeful....

Purple Tentacle

I shall try to avenge you Timmay.

Almost Yearly

Quoteabbie-ay 15-14

Oooohhhhhhhhhh...... [/CentreCourt]

mr rou-rou

round one tactics for next year,

1. put your name down at the end and if you are lucky you will have no one to play and receive a buy into the next round.

2. play someone who isn't going to show up or can't be arsed or is too busy, pot luck as to whether you get one of these golden tickets.

3. delay your final shot until the last day and almost guarantee that whoever loses won't have enough votes to qualify as a highest scoring loser.

apart from that it's going swimmingly :)

Cerys

Would now be the right time to throw a MacEnroe tantrum and hurl my copy of Photoshop 7.0 at the umpire...?

No?

As you were, then....

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"pot luck as to whether you get one of these golden tickets
Serendipity my arse. Massive draw fixing in the cause of increased drama more like. I think I approve :-)

no_offenc

Quote from: "Cerys"Would now be the right time to throw a MacEnroe tantrum and hurl my copy of Photoshop 7.0 at the umpire...?

No?

As you were, then....

7.0 isn't where it's at, CS is the fucking daddy :D

mwude

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"1. put your name down at the end and if you are lucky you will have no one to play and receive a buy into the next round.

You know full well it's spelt 'bye' don't you?  You're just subtly implying that some sort of money-o-chango action went on, aren't you?

Cerys

Quote from: "no_offenc"
Quote from: "Cerys"Would now be the right time to throw a MacEnroe tantrum and hurl my copy of Photoshop 7.0 at the umpire...?

No?

As you were, then....

Bah, you young 'uns and your newfangled technology!  I remember ... seventy-four layers ... hours of toil ... a pittance ... etc.

Timmay

Paint Shop Pro 7. Now that is where it's at. Oh yes, monging on a shoestring, that's my motto. And look where it gets me.

Me, bitter?

ClaudiusMaximus

Quote from: "Cerys"
Quote from: "no_offenc"
Quote from: "Cerys"hurl my copy of Photoshop 7.0 at the umpire...?

Bah, you young 'uns and your newfangled technology!  I remember ... seventy-four layers ... hours of toil ... a pittance ... etc.

I used The Gimp 1.2.  It works for me, does mostly the same things that Photoshop does, mostly in the same way, but is much cheaper.

Cerys

Ooh, are you one of those Linux groupies, then?

poison popcorn

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"round one tactics for next year,

1. put your name down at the end and if you are lucky you will have no one to play and receive a buy into the next round.

2. play someone who isn't going to show up or can't be arsed or is too busy, pot luck as to whether you get one of these golden tickets.

3. delay your final shot until the last day and almost guarantee that whoever loses won't have enough votes to qualify as a highest scoring loser.

apart from that it's going swimmingly :)

hehe, i'm guilty of both 1 and 2. never thought of 3...

ClaudiusMaximus

Quote from: "Cerys"Ooh, are you one of those Linux groupies, then?

Yes, but there are versions for Windows and Mac too.  http://www.gimp.org/