Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:02:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Draw.

Started by ccab, June 13, 2004, 10:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

<resists the urge to tell her Linux story ... again>

Timmay

Can I suggest that next years vote calculations for the best losers are based on the difference of votes, between the winner and the loser - not simply the number of votes. Therefore, any games that are running late or just don't get as many votes for whatever reason, the players aren't disadvantaged.

Thank you, and see you in June 2005.

no_offenc

Quote from: "Timmay"Paint Shop Pro 7. Now that is where it's at. Oh yes, monging on a shoestring, that's my motto. And look where it gets me.

Me, bitter?

I'm on a shoestring as well.  My software store is called BitTorrent....

(not really, honest ;))

Chadwick

Quote from: "Timmay"Can I suggest that next years vote calculations for the best losers are based on the difference of votes, between the winner and the loser - not simply the number of votes. Therefore, any games that are running late or just don't get as many votes for whatever reason, the players aren't disadvantaged.

Thank you, and see you in June 2005.

If I may be allowed to stir the shit a little more by saying that when we look at the percentage of points awarded the results in each match work out thus (give or take a few .001s here and there):

timmay 29.4115% vs. frinky 70.588%

mr rou-rou 40% vs. plank 60%

abbie 51.724%vs. ay 48.275%

dr dv 26.086% vs. jetset 73.913%

geronimo 66.666% vs. rubbish monkey 33.333%

cerys 20% vs. purple tentacle 80%

mook 66.666% vs. no_offenc 33.333%

jjjjh 78.787% vs. spaced cadet 31.212%

rats 69.565% vs. claudius maximus 30.434%

This makes the four best losers ay, mr rou-rou, rubbish monkey and no_offenc, the same as using the current system.

However if you look at the points difference between the winner and loser in each game it looks like this:

timmay 5 vs. frinky 12  
Total 17 Difference= 7

mr rou-rou 14 vs. plank 21  
Total 35 Difference= 7

abbie 15 vs. ay 14  
Total 29 Difference= 1

dr dv 6 vs. jetset 17  
Total 23 Difference= 11

geronimo 16 vs. rubbish monkey 8  
Total 24 Difference= 8

cerys 5 vs. purple tentacle 20  
Total 25 Difference= 15

mook 20 vs. -no_offenc 10  
Total 30 Difference= 10

jjjjh 26 vs. spaced cadet 7  
Total 33 Difference= 19

rats 16vs. claudius maximus 7  
Total 23 Difference=9

This gives us a set of best losers with one difference, ay, mr rou-rou, timmay and rubbish monkey.

So come on timmay, it's time to go postal.

Frinky

Quote from: "Timmay"*grumble grumble*

My match, with the lowest vote turnout, means I don't even make it through as a loser, not my fault, Frinky's fault, and he used mook's mong in a shot, didn't want to play anyway, robbed, etc etc.

Feel free to have the thread re-opened and take stock of the extra votes - I've really not got that much free time going right now, so if I'm out, that'd be quite advantageous to me.

As for using another mong - what? What did I do? It's an image off the internet, whats the problem with that? Everyone else uses other peoples source images that they may or may not have spent hours on... for my Horsegun mong I decimated someone's fantastic scenic photography - does it matter that I used someone else's good work in mine? Since that's what everyone is doing? It was hardly what won me the match, in fact, I think I lost votes over it. I only bring this up becuase I don't want it to cause contention later on.

Also, I PMd you sunday afternoon and told you it would be up on the night, if that wasn't good enough you could have, by all means, called time.

If you want to re-open for extra votes, I'm more than happy for that to happen.

Frinky

Actually, if it means that much to you, you have till 9pm to reply here, and you can carry on, and I'll bow out gracefully.

Gracefully with a big "stick it up your posh boy arse".

mook

I'm sure Timmay isn't bothered in the least Frinky old mate, I'm sure his "whinging" if you want to call it that was done tongue very firmly in cheek.

Anyways he's a big lad he can take it on the chin.*

*fuck, there's another vote for plank in the next round.   ;-)

Timmay

Quote from: "Chadwick"<lots of maths>
Heh! I didn't actually work it out, so thanks for doing so. Pure coincidence that using the method I suggested would get me in there, honest guv.

So I suppose on the balance of things, it wouldn't have made much difference what method we'd used - in this instance at least. I guess my only issue is with those 3 extra votes I needed to get ahead of Rubbish Monkey, as a best loser. Who knows, with another 24 hours of voting I still may not have got them, but judging from how many people didn't vote in ours, there *may* have been 3 little votes with my name on em.

Quote from: "mook"Anyways he's a big lad he can take it on the chin.*
Bastard. ;)

And Frinky; I'm in no way suggesting I take your place - you won fair and square in the end. The better monger won, if not the quickest. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Roll on 2005. I'll be back.

Almost Yearly

I quite like the title "Best Loser." I think I'll put it on my passport.

Timmay

I notice you didn't vote in our match, baldy. Go on, admit it, you'd have voted for me wouldn't you...

And to think I listened to your CD all the way home, and actually thought it was good for a minute, Fuck it, I've fed it to the dog now. No lie. Well, he's eaten the case, but the CD is safe in my car still.

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "Timmay"I notice you didn't vote in our match, baldy.
But were you finished by Friday home time? Eh? Eh? If yes then um.

Crikey blimey - just caught up with everyone's round twos. Rapidly stiffening, isn't it.

Frinky

Quote from: "Timmay"And Frinky; I'm in no way suggesting I take your place - you won fair and square in the end. The better monger won, if not the quickest. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Roll on 2005. I'll be back.

Sorry if that sounded snotty, just had to make sure... for what little its worth, I don't forsee winning this one...

Gandhi

Rubbish Monkey 8 - 22 Mr Rou-rou
Jet Set Willy 15 - 12 Poison Popcorn
Rats 9 - 19 Almost Yearly
Frinky 5 - 17 Purple Tentacle
Ccab 13 - 4 No_offenc
Abbie 7 - 6 Fanny Splendid
Plank 2 - 1 Mook (shots completed)
JJJH 2 - 1 Geronimo (shots completed)

Feel free to correct me, or discuss the incomplete games.

Purple Tentacle

Iron Justice!!

Crikey.

So the reigning champion scrapes through with one vote in it? Ooooooooh!

Almost Yearly

Thought Plank and JJJJH were both ahead on quality anyway ... fair play.

Plank

So, what does the rulebook say about unfinished matches then? Do Mook and Geronimo forfeit for being late with their shots or do we carry on until there's a finish?

edit: Oh, I see shots completed wins the day. Fair enough.

Purple Tentacle

So what happens now then? Am I playing baldie?

Good game Frinky by the way, I'd have voted for the battlebot in your first shot if it were me. Battlebots good.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "ccab"// The draw for Round 2.

jetset-pp
fanny splendid-abbie
mook-plank
jjjjh-geronimo

rats-almost yearly
mr rou-rou-rubbish monkey
purple tentacle-frinky
ccab-no_offenc

So round 3 would be

Jet Set Willy 15 - 12 Poison Popcorn
Abbie 7 - 6 Fanny Splendid
Plank 2 - 1 Mook (shots completed)
JJJH 2 - 1 Geronimo (shots completed)

Rats 9 - 19 Almost Yearly
Rubbish Monkey 8 - 22 Mr Rou-rou
Frinky 5 - 17 Purple Tentacle
Ccab 13 - 4 No_offenc

Jet Set Willy vs. Abbie
Plank vs. JJJJH
Almost Yearly vs. Mr Rou-rou
Purple Tentacle vs.Ccab

Yes, or no?

(Cheers for the game Abbie, always a good one.)

poison popcorn

looks about right to me.

and good game jsw, of course you only won 'cos of all the subliminals in the rats v almost game... ;)

Purple Tentacle

Crikey there's a clash, Abbie vs JSW.

Last time they had a bit of a set-to didn't they?

ccab, fuck.

Almost Yearly

I expect there'll be confirmation of that draw from ccab sometime soon. And some Round Two placeholders from Gandhi. So we nine-to-fivers can get on with it, y'know  :-p

JJJJH

God bless Glastonbury.

ccab

Quote from: "fanny splendid"So round 3 would be

Jet Set Willy vs. Abbie
Plank vs. JJJJH
Almost Yearly vs. Mr Rou-rou
Purple Tentacle vs.Ccab

Yes, or no?

Spot on. And the semis will boil down in the same way.

I just wanted to apologise to everyone bar mr rou-rou & rubbish monkey for not voting in your matches. I'd deliberately delayed it till the last minute - but at the last minute was held up away from the machine.

I disagree very strongly with some of the results & I regret missing the chance to influence them.

Good luck in the 3rd round everyone.

weekender

Every year there's some problem or other.  This year it was the state of the penalty spot, two years ago it was the heat and the fact that the weight of Seaman's ponytail meant that he fell over backwards instead of saving the ball...

...what I'm trying to say is that there needs to be a big discussion about the rules before the games commence, and there needs to be someone in charge who will rigidly stick to the agreed rules and make a decision accordingly.  You can't expect to run a tournament being 'la-di-da' nice all the time.  I think that's the problem at the moment.  Fair play to Gandhi for trying to sort it out, but next year I think that the rules really need to be sorted out before the tournament commences and you need someone in charge who will enforce the rules.

My personal opinion is that you need to set the times of the games beforehand, like they do in major sporting tournaments.

Frinky

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"So what happens now then? Am I playing baldie?

Good game Frinky by the way, I'd have voted for the battlebot in your first shot if it were me. Battlebots good.

Nah, I was shit, to be fair. Serving caught me off guard, and then you played back a tricky shot, and I had creative block, etc... I wish I had whatever it was I had in the first round. That last shot of mine was fucking horrendous, too, the photo was great and someone could have done a lot more with it... just not me, on that day, I guess.

Good luck...

mr rou-rou

I think at this stage if the games aren't finished in their entirety then both competitors go out.

Or as Wendy pointed out, we can put that in the pile for next years rules, I also move to strike using fellow whores in mongs, the chuckle brothers and the colour green.

it's been slovenly

Jet Set Willy

Oh poo off, it wont be my fault if abbie can't do anything til Friday.

mr rou-rou

Gandhi

Results for Round 3.

Jet Set Willy 13 - 11 Abbie
Plank 9 - 15 JJJJH
Almost Yearly 2 - 24 Mr Rou-rou
Purple Tentacle X - X Ccab (Ccab concedes the game)

So the draw for the Semi-final will be;

Jet Set Willy vs. JJJJH
Mr Rou-rou vs. Purple Tentacle