Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

VOTE VOTE VOTE! - Cerys v Purple Tentacle (Round 1)

Started by Cerys, June 14, 2004, 03:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

ccab

Blimey, that's a fiery determined serve! That tennis lady looks like she's after someone to decapitate. I don't envy PT one bit.

Cerys means business!

But one thing strikes me looking at that text - has your racquet got woodworm?

Cerys

It may look like that, but actually the text layer is made of wafer-thin perforated cheese....

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Cerys"It may look like that, but actually the text layer is made of wafer-thin perforated cheese....

How did you get the fire? Is it a library picture, or is it some whizzy effect that I haven't found yet?

My pants are duely soiled by the way.

(Return ETA about 9 o clock tonight.)

Hang on... isn't she looking in the wrong direction for the ball?

Cerys

The flames are real, from a photo I found ... somewhere.  Possibly at sxc.

As for looking the wrong way, she's obviously bewildered.

Purple Tentacle

*THWUMP!*

Eeeh, that were right good fun that was.  I haven't flexed my mouse muscles for such a long time.

fanny splendid

gazzyk1ns

Yes, this could turn into a good rally - although technically you're not allowed to throw your racquet at the ball and return it like that, you much have hold of it when it strikes the ball. Luckily Hawkeye didn't pick it up and you're fine.

I see Cerys there plumped for the rather unorthadox serving method of waiting eagerly for any tennis ball to fall from the sky, as opposed to tossing her own - it's technically legal but not everyone can wait three weeks for your shot to come over the net, if you could adopt the traditional overarm serve in the future then we'd all be a lot happier.

Interesting fact #1 - PT didn't actually create that image himself, it's a "behind the scenes" shot from the last bond movie, that's how they melted the ice "from a satellite". Heh, a satellite, who do they take us for...

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Interesting fact #1 - PT didn't actually create that image himself, it's a "behind the scenes" shot from the last bond movie....

Oh yes he bloody did! It took me ages!

Aaaah, it was a joke....

Cerys

Ooooh, nice one, PT!

This may take a while....

ccab

Quote from: "cerys"This may take a while....

There should be just enough time for spectators to step outside & have a little stroll. To Vladivostok for instance. ;-)

Cerys

Cerys

Purple Tentacle

Almost Yearly

Um, PT - this looks mightily close to being L*** F****, young man :

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Um, PT - this looks mightily close to being L*** F****, young man :

Hahahaha!! You caught me!!

Yes, indeed L*** F**** is my most hated of effects, but I was slightly stuck. However I compramised by deleting those stupid fucking rings (the ring there is a rather disappointing googled explosion), and also by the fact that it's not video.  The use of L*** F**** in any sort of moving medium should be punishable by a really painful chinese burn.

So that's 60% of BBC1 promos fucked then.

Rats

What are you blabbering on about you pair of fucking estate agents?

JJJJH

L*ns Fl*re. That thing all racing games feel the need to throw at you whenever the sun shoots past the windscreen. And BBC1 promos, as PT said. Hellish Photoshop filter, and I caught my rather good college lecturer using it recently, in the default, shitty way. Shocking, because he'd not long before that had a semi-jokey rant at another student for using shitty-looking Photoshop filters with the default settings and no post-adjustments.

Rats

Ah right, I hate that, it's like the one thing that'll take you out of the film and realise that you're looking through a camera, and I've seen cgi where they've had the chance to get round it and they've put the bloody thing in! Why?
That's not realistic enough, we need some digital hairs on the lense.

Purple Tentacle

HEADLINE:  LEN* FL*RE COSTS TENTACLE MATCH

"F*cking rats' c*cks" disgraced Photoshop numpty heard to exclaim.

Rats

Just say it's dust from the machine catching the light

JJJJH

No, it's just too late now, he has to forfeit and let Fanny take his place.

;)

Cerys

Lens flare?  What lens flare?  Planet flare, maybe....

That last shot is stunning, PT.  Frankly, I'm scared.

Morgan

This has been a right curio, hasn't it Gareth?  The irregular opening system, made popular by the hypermodernists in the 1980s, has resulted in quite an uneven position by the fourth shot, and I'm not entirely sure that Cerys is playing to the best of her abilities.  Of course, PT is doing better than probably even he expected - how does one counter such enthusiasm?

Cerys

My state of not getting anywhere with this next shot is becoming a problem.  Hopefully I'll sort it by this time tomorrow night.  Hopefully.  As Morgan observes, I'm not entirely with it at the moment.  I blame the ... well, I don't quite know what it is I blame; but I'm sure there's something.  Inherent crapness, probably.  Sniffle.

Quote from: "Morgan"... how does one counter such enthusiasm?

With an exploding computer, it would seem.  Nothing to do with me, you understand.  Really.

Cerys

Purple Tentacle

Yay!!

I've "booked" 90 mins on Ms_Tentacle's computer tonight, so I'll hobble out a reply by tonight.

I'm still massively in favour of Monday lunchtime deadline though.....

Cerys

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Cerys"... hello?

....is it me you're looking for?

Yes, well, I've got a half finished and not very good mong sitting on her computer as I was unceremoniously chucked off.  Finishing tonight. Hopefully.

Curse you god for making electricity that kills computers!

Cerys

I forgive you!  Good luck with finishing it - you have my sympathy.