Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:54:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Humble Indie Bundle #4

Started by Zero Gravitas, December 16, 2011, 02:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Gravitas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i88FGZIUDM

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Yaaaay!

now including the wonderful gratuitous space battles:

which is amazing and we really need to arrange multiplayer games of.

Zetetic

I hope it is wonderful and amazing.
I put off buying this because I know that some of the games I'll get fed up quite easily, and because of there being no EFF this time around.

Zero Gravitas

Yeah I was going to mention to lack of EFF but decided not to to avoid tingeing the thread with negativity.

Way to go Zetetic!

Ignatius_S

Bit of a discussion about the bundle here.

Zetetic

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on December 16, 2011, 03:14:53 PM
Yeah I was going to mention to lack of EFF but decided not to to avoid tingeing the thread with negativity.
Bugger. In that case: GSB is quite fun. More fun than I was expecting I'd have without any context.

(But it is a bit crashy for some reason. Bugger.)

On to Cave Story!

Zetetic

Jamestown is a great game. I didn't know that I wanted to play something like that, but it turns out I needed too. I suppose it's nothing particularly novel, but it doesn't feel like it does anything wrong. I look forward to co-op when I can recruit someone...

Zero Gravitas

I think GSB really comes into it's own with the ship design mechanic which early on can be done pretty effectively with as many weapons as you can fit but really begins to demand more in depth design as you progress.

The rez style fusion of action graphics and music in Bit.Trip Runner is surprisingly pleasing even if I haven't quite transferred the timings required for jumping onto platforms to muscle memory yet.

I'd only tried the games with .debs so far (even then SMB isn't working with intel graphics chips currently) I'll take a look at it shortly.

I accept the terms of the

My review is also that I use Linux.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on December 16, 2011, 03:14:53 PM

Way to go Zetetic!

Can someone translate please?

Zetetic

They've replaced one of the charities involved - The Electronic Frontier Foundation - with the American Red Cross.

MojoJojo

Ah, that was actually what I thought of when I saw EFF, but it just wasn't clear enough.

I got it just for GSB because I liked the concept. I haven't tried multiplayer at all yet, but it looks really unbalanced, with the challenger basically getting to go second in Rock-Paper-Scissor.

Ignatius_S

If you pay over the average price (or did when you bought it), you know get the Humble Bundle 3 thrown in.

Dark Sky

That's what tipped me over into finally bothering to get it.  And lots and lots of Steam keys!  Yaytimes!