Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:02:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NEW PIXIES SONG!

Started by a bald avuncular jew, June 14, 2004, 03:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a bald avuncular jew

Pixies - Bam Thwok  - 2.34 megs. Thanks to Dave.  Sounds pretty good on the first couple of listens.  Nice to hear Ms Deal so prominent in the mix.  Article here.

EDIT:  This song is distinctly not-shit!  Very catchy...I'm really enjoying it.  Will there be more?  Will they manage not to piss all over their legacy from a great height?  Well, probably, as long as Frank lets Kim do more of the writing this time.

a bald avuncular jew

HELLO?!?

Oh this really is great...all we need now is Morris back on the radio and this will be a Summer to remember.

El Unicornio, mang

Good track :thumbs up:

One track isn't enough though, they need to release a new album or at least an EP for me to get excited

jutl

That's lovely - one of the best Deal-involved songs since Safari, I reckon.

mmmshnnrrkkk..... I'm not so sure. That's not doing a lot for me. Sounds like a breeders b-side.  It sounds like it could be pretty fierce live though.

I guess its asking a lot for them to split the atom for a second time.

thanks for posting up the link ABAJ.

The words of Frank Black:

Quote"Recording it was a nice way for us to break the ice after twelve years. The recording process was very relaxed and it didn't feel like twelve years had passed."

Sounds like we might get some more recordings...

poison popcorn

that's not half bad, cheers for that. just booked tickets for the v festival yesterday, roll on august!

a bald avuncular jew

The 320kbps mp3 version sounds much brighter than that (damn) ogg.  It's on Soulseek and that.

imitationleather

As someone who's too young to remember when The Pixies were originally around and has never really got into them, I don't really know a great deal about their music. But, I really like that song. Very jolly and upbeat.

I'll have to get around to listening to their other stuff now...

El Unicornio, mang

Doolittle is probably the best album to start off with, I'd say.

I remember discovering them through  Surfer Rosa. :-) You can actually hear the sparks flying between all four of them as they play.

imitationleather

Thanks for that, Unicorn and 9. I'll get right onto it.

Actually, I think I bought 'Surfer Rosa' once in one of the kerrrazzzeee HMV sales but I never got around to listening to it.

Now, where could it be...?

king_tubby

quick, find it and play it. it's awesome.

produced by the master, Steve Albundy, too.

Paaaaul

I love this song but it seems to me to be more of a Breeders song with Frank singing backing on it. I hope the axis of power in the band has not swung too far towards Kim because I think Frank is/was the true heart of the band.

And I do love the Breeders as well before anyone claims a bias against Kim in what I wrote above, it just seems a strange song for the Pixies to do.

mayer

Pixies - Bam Thwok

...in all its 320k/s mp3 glory (yoinked off Neil)

weekender

Quote from: "mayer"(yoinked off Neil)

You did what?  Oh sorry, I'm in the wrong forum.  I'll fuck off.

I like this new Pixies tune, reminds me of the Breeders for some reason.

Quote from: "mayer"
...in all its 320k/s mp3 glory (yoinked off Neil)
Thanks for the link mayer / Neil.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Gosh, that was lovely wasn't it?

Really enjopying this..hopefully there'll be more of where this comes from.

And cheers Mayer for popping this on your webspace,it was taking an ice age to get from Soulseek.

Quote from: "king_tubby"produced by the master, Steve Albundy

ALBINI !!
(you got the Steve part right though)

The new song:

hmm... sounds like Elastica or Helen Love (which isn't altogether a bad thing) - it's just not very Pixies-esc which it should be as they're the ones playing the notes.

it's a nice ditty. with a terrible name.
I don't think it's a patch on their existing stuff.  seems quite a lazy song.  very linear.

king_tubby

I did know that. It's what all the punk rock DIY kids in Leeds (and the sad old late 20s people trying to be cool by going to the post-rock gigs) call him.

It's a funny joke. Al Bundy...right, from Married with Children....

I think it may have been for comic effect.  Al Bundy being the chap from Married... With Children.  (EDIT: a little late with that, there)

PS.  Kiss me mayer.

a bald avuncular jew

Quote from: "The Man With Brass Eyes"the serial killer?!

Are you Vermschnied Mehearties alternate account or something?

Quote from: "a bald avuncular jew"Are you Vermschnied Mehearties alternate account or something?

why? is he an unfunny cunt aswell?