Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:56:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Predict-A-Flop

Started by Nik Drou, December 30, 2011, 04:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Maybe it's because it comes so soon after the last set of films so feels utterly pointless, maybe it's cos the powers that be dicked over Sam Raimi so badly, maybe it's the shoddy 3D seen in the cinema trailer, maybe it's because the idea of yet another superhero origin story fills me with yawns, maybe it's cos I just don't like Andrew Garfield's weedy face, but gawd, I've found myself really wanting The Amazing Spiderman to fail

I'd accept a less than expected box office. Or even 3 less people go than who went to Spiderman 3.

ANYTHING to be able to do a little self-satisfied, equally pointless smile to myself

Though, weirdly, I don't feel half as negative towards the Superman re-do. Though, to be honest, I'm struggling to feel anything about that whatsoever

Dead kate moss

SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!1111

(Not Spiderman)

Custard

phantom_power

Quote from: Dead kate moss on May 27, 2012, 11:12:46 AM
All these 'flops' will probably recoup their costs, but I think the studio view is that a movie has to practically double its budget to be considered a success. Otherwise everyone just wasted their time, and could've done a more successful movie.

I think the doubling of budget is to get back advertising costs etc. Any sort of profit is appreciated in the film business as it is such a risky venture, especially in the world of big budget summer films. There is the potential to lose so much that any gain is a godsend.