Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taking part in game BETA testing.

Started by mobias, December 31, 2011, 05:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

Just wondering how many people have ever taken part in a game's BETA testing? I'm currently nearing the end of Starhawk's private BETA testing phase on the PS3 and finding it a really interesting process. I guess its a little insight into what it must be like to work as a game tester. There's so many little balances that have to be ironed out and its been interesting to see the game change on a almost daily basis as different ideas are implemented.
Starhawk is going to be an amazing game by the way. We were only given two different maps to play on but I've never played a game where the player and team actually get to construct areas of the environment in real time as they play. Incredibly fast paced and there is naturally a rather large learning curve but once you crack it its amazingly good fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyT1DPd7Zk8

Consignia

I beta tested for a while, the PS2's network service and a bunch of games for it. It wasn't as fun as anticipated, not least because I discovered I didn't like online multiplayer games. But I also didn't enjoy spending ages setting up, only to get a couple of minutes of buggy playtime, and then having to fill out surveys on the experience.

Frankly, if offered, I would never beta test again.